Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 17:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Apple App for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
6 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [6] , given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Club Apple App for iPhone/iPod/iPad [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 13:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
GMAT Club iPhone/iPod Application with 111 HARD GMAT Practice Questions

FREE !!!

-----------------------------------------------------
See also our iPhone/iPod/iPad applications:
GMAT ToolKit [AppStore] - The best-selling GMAT prep app in the AppStore
MBA ToolKit [AppStore] - day-to-day tool for Business School Applicants.
-----------------------------------------------------

111 HARD 700+ quantitative questions

iTunes Link: iTunes Page

01/06/10 - a new update is now available.
- Fixed mistakes in questions (thanks customers).
- Added News tool. You will get 2 fresh questions everyday, read the latest forum posts and news from GMAT Club Team.

Description:
Make use of your time while you are on the go to prepare with GMAT Club's questions to push yourself over the 700 barrier. The application was specifically designed to be maximize opportunities for GMAT preparation. Take one question at a time when you have a spare moment - the application will remember which questions you have taken and will keep detailed statistics. Keep your prep fun - shake your iPhone to get the next question and if you get it wrong, you'll get buzzed!

Features:
- Take one question at a time
- Time yourself on a question by question basis
- Bookmark questions to come back to them later or create a custom test
- Detailed explanations for each question and support from the GMAT Club community (post your questions here)
- Detailed statistics
- Question history
- Advanced navigation features (jump to a similar question, random questions, others)
- Application stays on while in practice mode
- Links with resources to help improve your GMAT score

Attachment:
1.png
1.png [ 39.57 KiB | Viewed 40329 times ]
Attachment:
2.png
2.png [ 91.62 KiB | Viewed 40156 times ]
Attachment:
3.png
3.png [ 95.22 KiB | Viewed 40134 times ]
Attachment:
4.png
4.png [ 143.51 KiB | Viewed 40110 times ]
Attachment:
5.png
5.png [ 68.18 KiB | Viewed 40043 times ]
Attachment:
ipod.gif
ipod.gif [ 1.11 KiB | Viewed 84716 times ]

An idea of this community (iphone-ipod-touch-gmatclub-app-78221.html) created and designed by Walker for GMAT Club.

Feedback and questions are welcome - please reply in this thread or PM me.

Attachment:
GMATClub_icon_100.png
GMATClub_icon_100.png [ 22.16 KiB | Viewed 56962 times ]
Attachment:
icon30.png
icon30.png [ 2.94 KiB | Viewed 35769 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by walker on 21 Jan 2011, 20:18, edited 33 times in total.
Added links
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9413 [0], given: 3699

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2009, 13:29
Expert's post
Reserved for future use

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 11:35
Has anyone else downloaded this app? I can't find it in the App Store.

Has anyone used the free GMAT app developed by Veritas Prep, that GMAT test prep company?

It comes up on the first page of the App Store if you type in "gmat practice quiz" in the search.

I downloaded it and it's pretty good for a free app. Are any of the other ones any good for the iPhone?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9413 [1] , given: 3699

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 11:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
jiwanbadon wrote:
Has anyone else downloaded this app? I can't find it in the App Store.

Has anyone used the free GMAT app developed by Veritas Prep, that GMAT test prep company?

It comes up on the first page of the App Store if you type in "gmat practice quiz" in the search.

I downloaded it and it's pretty good for a free app. Are any of the other ones any good for the iPhone?

Hm.... :?
Please search for GMAT - should be there or you can try GMAT Club. I have been able to find and download it.
Also description and screenshots are available here: http://appshopper.com/education/gmat-club

P.S. Thank you for the feedback on the search by the way - I have modified the description to include the keywords you have used. I will PM you a code for a free app.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 367

Kudos [?]: 1849 [1] , given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 23:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi All!

I just want to thank all our beta-testers for their invaluable help in making the application as good as possible.
By the way, if you like the application and want to say thanks - It would be great if you can rate it in AppStore and write a review.
At the same time, if there are some problems or critical issues, just let us know and we will do our best to fix and resolve them as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 1849 [0], given: 358

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2009, 15:30
Expert's post
Apple has eventually accepted 1.1 version of the application that works correct with 2.2.1 OS

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 18:19
This looks freaking awesome. :)
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 76 [1] , given: 5

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 10:10
This post received
KUDOS
Love it.

For word problems, it'd be really cool to be able to merge the app with some sort of function to actually write your calculations on a blank page.

For example, there should be a button in the question screen to switch to a blank screen, and u can use a stylist (spelling?) to write down the calculations on the iphone. You should be able to toggle back and forth between the question and the blank screen.

You have the option of erasing your calculations for the next problem, or keeping it in memory so you can refer back to your work. Ideally, the question should be linked/bookmarked to that specific "question"

Hope I made sense - sorry writing in a rush.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 10:58
Expert's post
Thanks!

I tried a few solutions for writing by a finger, unfortunately they all work bad. I'm thinking about kind of "smart" calculator that can do calculation and even simple algebra, solve equations with minimum typing.... What do you think, it would be helpful?
Feel free to report any even "mad" ideas! :)

bigfernhead wrote:
Love it.

For word problems, it'd be really cool to be able to merge the app with some sort of function to actually write your calculations on a blank page.

For example, there should be a button in the question screen to switch to a blank screen, and u can use a stylist (spelling?) to write down the calculations on the iphone. You should be able to toggle back and forth between the question and the blank screen.

You have the option of erasing your calculations for the next problem, or keeping it in memory so you can refer back to your work. Ideally, the question should be linked/bookmarked to that specific "question"

Hope I made sense - sorry writing in a rush.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2009, 06:05
Jiwanbadon, I've used the Veritas Prep free software. It's not bad, though sometimes I wonder how similar the questions are to the real thing.

For me, to be honest, it's useful if I'm sitting on the loo while at work (this isn't the most intense work period of the year!) and as a result, good practice for solving problems without using pen and paper.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2009, 13:49
Expert's post
a new version 1.2 is now available for download.

we have substituted 20 easiest questions for 20 extra hard quantitative questions.

80% OFF for a limited time till we fix a few typos in the questions.

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 10:55
Expert's post
01/03/10 - a new update was submitted.
- Fixed mistakes in questions (thanks customers).
- Added News tool. You will get 2 fresh questions everyday, read the latest forum posts and news from GMAT Club Team.

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 15:20
Expert's post
8-) Yesterday, our two applications, GMAT Toolkit and GMAT Club, became #1 and #2 paid GMAT preparation applications in USA AppStore for the first time! Although we have realized only 10% of all our ideas, it is a good sign to go ahead!

Thanks a lot, guys!!! It wouldn't be possible without you and your feedback! A little surprise for you will be unveiled soon ;)

Good luck!
Warm regards,
Walker

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 217 [2] , given: 47

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2010, 02:31
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
8-) Yesterday, our two applications, GMAT Toolkit and GMAT Club, became #1 and #2 paid GMAT preparation applications in USA AppStore for the first time! Although we have realized only 10% of all our ideas, it is a good sign to go ahead!

Thanks a lot, guys!!! It wouldn't be possible without you and your feedback! A little surprise for you will be unveiled soon ;)

Good luck!
Warm regards,
Walker

Hi Walker, Have been using the apps on my iphone quite often as I am usually travelling and don't get sufficient time on my laptop for the same.

I have a suggestion, which could really help quite a number of members.

Could you include a way of having forum subscriptions in the app itself? Something like, lets say I want to subscribe to Maths - Quant forum on the club. I have done it and I keep receiving emails. But checking the thread or post from laptop and replying back to the forum is much easier than if I have to use my iphone browser for doing this.

Want I meant with including subscriptions was that app could do the following for the user:
1. The user gets to login with his GMAT club credentials for once. They could be kept intact like any other account app so that user doesn't need to login everytime
2. Give him an option to subscribe to any forum available in the club. For now lets say Quant forum.
3. The subscription should work as RSS. Fetching only the new updates!
4. A push notification feature when ever a new post or a thread arrives could be an additional advantage, but optional.
5. The app user opens the thread on the app and reads the thread in the app itself. It would be much easier than to click on the link and then the browser opens up and so on..
6. The user can have the option of to Quote or Reply, just like the options in the forum.
7. An editor opens up in the app and gives the user the easy of writing down the response.

I know it's too much to ask.. but looking at the current GMAT apps, I was really impressed with the quality of the same - both content and usage wise! They are commendable.

Currently I have enrolled for the GMAT club forums through google reader and I receive them as RSS feeds in my iPhone. But replying to the posts gets quite tedious if I have to use the current browser and its neva that easy!

We can either have this as an additional application from the GMAT club or a part of the existing one. I guess that is something which you could decide.

Hope the feedback helps and I see this in future...

Cheers!
JT...........
If u like my post..... payback in Kudos!! :beer

|Do not post questions with OA|Please underline your SC questions while posting|Try posting the explanation along with your answer choice|
|For CR refer Powerscore CR Bible|For SC refer Manhattan SC Guide|

~~Better Burn Out... Than Fade Away~~

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2010, 05:39
Expert's post
Thanks for great feedback!!!

I was thinking about RSS-subscription to specific thread and further forum improvements as a next step after introducing RSS. Now it is time to implement these ideas. I don't promise Push-notifications but other functionality I hope I can add soon.

Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC, ESCP-EAP, IESE

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2010, 05:26
Hello, is there a GMAT mobile app for blackberry?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2010, 05:30
Expert's post
Cynthiah wrote:
Hello, is there a GMAT mobile app for blackberry?

Sorry, we have only iPhone app so far. We think about starting BlackBerry/Android development but not in near feature...

Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC, ESCP-EAP, IESE

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2010, 14:03
thanks a lot. yes i thought that there wasnt any for blackberry...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 09:44
great thing,

thanks a lot
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 09:57
Expert's post
Thanks!

Re: GMAT Club Apple App for iPod/iPhone   [#permalink] 20 May 2010, 09:57