Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 18

GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score?? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 07:44
Hi guys,
first my apologies if a similar topic already exists (I can imagine), pardon - could not find it and didnt want to skim through hundred pages.

My question:
I just took the "GMAT Club Free Verbal Set" here: http://gmatclub.com/tests/dashboard/startfree.html

Didnt even know it was gonna be a real 41 verbal question set, but wanted to practise anyway, so finished it. Now my score was an (for my case amazing) 99%/V49. I feel like jumping around but I dont know if thats appropriate :lol: Has someone made some experience with that??

Best regards

Exhaust your body,
proceed your mind,
cultivate your soul.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2267

Kudos [?]: 8729 [1] , given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score?? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 07:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi! Yes the topic exists. :)

However, the quant tests are the hard ones and verbal are more of the OK/average level. You really want to use the tests for the quant ones. Verbal is more of a bonus.
The scoring algorithm is similar. What we have been doing over the month is increase scores for the Quant and Reduce it for Verbal. It is still somewhat off (quant are still too hard and verbal scores are on the higher side)

Best Regards,
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score?? [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 02:35
bb wrote:
Hi! Yes the topic exists. :)

Hey, OK thx.... any suggestions how to search for it? :)

Quote:
However, the quant tests are the hard ones and verbal are more of the OK/average level. You really want to use the tests for the quant ones. Verbal is more of a bonus.
The scoring algorithm is similar. What we have been doing over the month is increase scores for the Quant and Reduce it for Verbal. It is still somewhat off (quant are still too hard and verbal scores are on the higher side)

Ok, so in what range does "somewhat" work? V49 drops by 5 points? Or by 10 points etc?

Exhaust your body,
proceed your mind,
cultivate your soul.

GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score?? [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 06:43
Have you attempted any of the other tests ? Like GMAT prep , MGMAT , Kaplan ?

Generally the GMAT prep is the most reliable indicator of your "potential" GMAT score . So the best way to figure out what your verbal level is to take the GMAT prep test.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score?? [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 02:57
georgepaul0071987 wrote:
Have you attempted any of the other tests ? Like GMAT prep , MGMAT , Kaplan ?

Generally the GMAT prep is the most reliable indicator of your "potential" GMAT score . So the best way to figure out what your verbal level is to take the GMAT prep test.

Hey,

yep I took one of the GMATprep, in which I noticed that my concentration level dropped to a rather low level in the Verbal section. I had V36 on this thest. Therefore, I focussed on Verbal for some days. Meanwhile I have taken the MGMAT CAT 1 and scored V 38 - however, the review says I have been in the 99% section for several questions, and then bombed that in the end with some mistakes. I will keep you guys up to date with my experience to get a picture of the score reliability. (Shall I post that in some specific topic?)

Best regards

Exhaust your body,
proceed your mind,
cultivate your soul.

Re: GMAT Club free practice test - realistic score??   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2012, 02:57