Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 14:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2014, 06:14
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
I took the GMAT Club Free Quant Test, scored 26/37 and got a session score of 98%/Q51.
My question is whether the Q51 is correct (given that 26/37 isn't that great a score) or is there some discrepancy?
If there is no discrepancy, how is this evaluated?Is it based on the difficulty level of the questions?
Please reply ASAP.

Thank you :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jindal '16

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 10:39
sahilpuri wrote:
I took the GMAT Club Free Quant Test, scored 26/37 and got a session score of 98%/Q51.
My question is whether the Q51 is correct (given that 26/37 isn't that great a score) or is there some discrepancy?
If there is no discrepancy, how is this evaluated?Is it based on the difficulty level of the questions?
Please reply ASAP.

Hi Sahil ,

Did you do any more research on this ?
I appeared for the same test and got a score of Q51.
Any idea on how close to the real gmat this is ?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 21:06
shwetansh9 wrote:
sahilpuri wrote:
Please reply ASAP.

Hi Sahil ,

Did you do any more research on this ?
I appeared for the same test and got a score of Q51.
Any idea on how close to the real gmat this is ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I tried digging into this, but unfortunately couldn't get any satisfactory answers.
Still waiting for a reply on this forum (given that the test is a 'GMATclub' test).
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ?
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Wharton '16, CBS '16
GMAT Date: 10-09-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [1] , given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 23:32
This post received
KUDOS
I am also interested in a reply regarding this !!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2172

Kudos [?]: 7702 [0], given: 3628

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2014, 17:38
Expert's post
Thank you for posting this.

1. our questions are harder than average GMAT Questions and as the result we have to adjust our scoring system to accomodate that (e.g. you can get only 25 right and still score 51 - same true on GMAT Prep but it has to be a lucky combination whereas much more possible on our tests).

2. We have tweaked the difficutly of questions and scoring algorithm in the last 2 weeks and some people got really high inflated scores (which came down substantially in the days after e.g. from 51 to 33).

Can you tell me if you have taken the new "BETA" tests or the "OLD" tests?
Thank you!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2014, 21:11
bb wrote:
Thank you for posting this.

1. our questions are harder than average GMAT Questions and as the result we have to adjust our scoring system to accomodate that (e.g. you can get only 25 right and still score 51 - same true on GMAT Prep but it has to be a lucky combination whereas much more possible on our tests).

2. We have tweaked the difficutly of questions and scoring algorithm in the last 2 weeks and some people got really high inflated scores (which came down substantially in the days after e.g. from 51 to 33).

Can you tell me if you have taken the new "BETA" tests or the "OLD" tests?
Thank you!

I took the BETA tests.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2014, 08:14
Hi bb,
I have recently taken GMATClub Beta 3.0 Test(Quant) on June 14th 2014.I have found a couple of bugs.

1)I got a score of 60 out of maximum 51 :shock: (This happened for the second time.First time was on June 7th 2014)
2)The end of test window pops up before 75 min.It happened so when I was on 36th question,and still had around 7 minutes left.

Kindly correct them.Also,attached is a screenshot of the same, for your reference.Thanks.
Attachments

File comment: Screenshot
Screenshot.docx [232.36 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times

To download please login or register as a user

Re: GMAT Club Free Quant Test Query regarding result   [#permalink] 15 Jun 2014, 08:14