Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:16

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 11-12-13th Ed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 23:51
Great resource! Kudos!

ManhattanReview wrote:
Hi All,
We did categorize all the 11th OG and 1st edition of Verbal and Quant OG books a while ago. It just came to our attention that members on this forum are looking for the analysis of these questions.

We are updating the same file with the 12th OG and 2nd edition of Verbal and Quant OG books. Will upload it once done in a few weeks.

Questions regarding our GMAT courses or MBA admissions Consulting services, please feel free to email us or call me.

Please note that we are adding the following new admissions consulting services within the next few weeks: 1) Harvard 2+2 Dedicated Pack; 2) Analysis of Unsuccessful Application; 3) Scholarship Application Review; 4) Waitlist/Deferral Strategy Consultation; 5) Re-application Strategy Consultation.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2010, 04:06
more than useful indeed

If you find the post useful, don't be shy and Kudo me ;)

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 31

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2010, 09:11
Great! +1
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford, HBS, Sloan, Haas, UCLA, LBS, Insead...
WE 1: 4 Years...

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 15:33
thx...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2010, 23:16
I've been away from the site for a while and am checking out what's new. I just downloaded the GMAT Club Official Guide to the 12th Ed. and must say that I'm sincerely appreciative and humbled by the commitment displayed. To the teams that develop materials, know that I am one of many that thanks you for your support in our quest to succeeding on the GMAT and achieving success in the admissions process. Kudos, kudos, kudos.

Reward wisdom with kudos. ;)

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 03:06
Thank you for the comparison.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 09:36
hi,

In the SC tab, i saw two columns, each for "2 Answer Choice" and "Long Solution"? What are they for?

"Long Solution" column also appeared in PS/DS tab.
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 02:45
Just what I was looking for :D

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 11:50
Thanks, though I am on the verge of finishing OG 12, can't wait to checkout this sheet!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 115

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 08:12
I have the OG 11 as well as OG 12. Is it a good idea to do some RC and CR from OG 11 considering that there is a lot of overlap between the 2 books? Please correct me if I am wrong here - The first spreadsheet is this thread has the new questions of OG 12(starred ones)??
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 454 [0], given: 70

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 16:36
thanks a lot for that!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2011, 23:26
very cool chart... nice
Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 55

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 10:52
bb wrote:
sathana87 wrote:
the excel sheet seems too attractive to be missed.Do u have a similar excel prepared for OG11 for that s the OG i am following.Would be of real great help u could send link for OG11 DETAIL ANALYSIS.Thanks in advance

Don't have it for OG 11, only OG 12. If you want, you can start the project to put together all of the details for OG 11 (source of free kudos, which provide free tests) - I had help from hgp2k and dzyubam but it did not take me long at all - probably an hour per section to get everything in.

Did anyone ever do this?

Back to the grind, goal 700+

1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1977

Kudos [?]: 6399 [1] , given: 3564

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 11:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Wishbone wrote:
bb wrote:
sathana87 wrote:
the excel sheet seems too attractive to be missed.Do u have a similar excel prepared for OG11 for that s the OG i am following.Would be of real great help u could send link for OG11 DETAIL ANALYSIS.Thanks in advance

Don't have it for OG 11, only OG 12. If you want, you can start the project to put together all of the details for OG 11 (source of free kudos, which provide free tests) - I had help from hgp2k and dzyubam but it did not take me long at all - probably an hour per section to get everything in.

Did anyone ever do this?

No - you are welcome to take a shot at it.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 55

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 11:15
bb wrote:
Wishbone wrote:
bb wrote:

No - you are welcome to take a shot at it.

On Amazon buying OG11 right now, wish me luck!!!

Back to the grind, goal 700+

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 18:13
I am excited to see what you do... good luck...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V44
GPA: 3.09
WE: Project Management (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 10:54
I'm working through the final 1/3 of the OG 12 quantitative problem solving section and it seems ridiculously easy, even though the guide says it's hard. I last (mock)tested with a 640 (39Q) so I don't usually breeze through GMAT quant problems.

Are these an accurate representation of hard problems that appear on the GMAT?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 41

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 14:12
Thanks a lot bb and the entire team that created it. Big KUDOS !!

I am about to start using the OG, for questions listed on MGMAT guide #1. I was wondering if gmatclub has any resources to track and analyze my progress in OG, and as always, you guys have provided better than what I expected.

If you like my post, consider giving me Kudos !!

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 27 [1] , given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 20:14
This post received
KUDOS
I am working on a few updates to this Guide to the Guide. Is there a list somewhere that people have developed for suggested improvements? I am by no means a wizard, but I know a few tricks and would love to contribute.

For now, I am working on something for my own benefit, described a bit in this thread:
og12-question-type-in-excel-112478.html

Anyone have any requests, please feel free - will work for kudos :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 13:34
humphy wrote:
I am working on a few updates to this Guide to the Guide. Is there a list somewhere that people have developed for suggested improvements? I am by no means a wizard, but I know a few tricks and would love to contribute.

For now, I am working on something for my own benefit, described a bit in this thread:
og12-question-type-in-excel-112478.html

Anyone have any requests, please feel free - will work for kudos :-D :-D

I think it would be useful to create a similar guide that was done for the 2nd edition that sorted the analysis by problem type and difficulty level :P .
guide-to-the-gmat-quantative-and-verbal-reviews-2nd-editions-96159.html
Re: GMAT Club Guide to the GMAT Official Guide 12th Ed   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2011, 13:34