Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 16:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 125

Kudos [?]: 570 [3] , given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 12:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I was thinking about this for quite sometime, but was waiting for Souvik's exam only. Since he is also done with his, I would like to ask GC members in India, living in South, that can we have a union here in Chennai. Any suggestions will be highly appreciable.
Best regards and thanks,
Marcab

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 124

Kudos [?]: 767 [2] , given: 802

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 11:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Marcab wrote:
I was thinking about this for quite sometime, but was waiting for Souvik's exam only. Since he is also done with his, I would like to ask GC members in India, living in South, that can we have a union here in Chennai. Any suggestions will be highly appreciable.
Best regards and thanks,
Marcab

Hey MARCAB,

That's a great initiative. I was also thinking of meeting those in person with whom we day to day exchange ideas and knowledge pertaining to MBA and GMAT

I will also go ahead in saying that there is really a genuine need of formation of such an group/community of experienced GMAT persons who can show the right path to other GMAT aspirants of our nation.

In India, in my opinion, there is no much awareness about GMAT. Most of the room is already occupied by CAT, XAT, CMAT etc exams. Further there is no any Indian Test Prep company(except for e-GMAT) equivalent to Kaplan, Manhattan, veritas in quality and can offer its products at Indian Prices.

Think of a typical Indian GMAT Aspirant - completed education in his regional language - earning between 10000-15000/month. How can he afford huge courses offered by these Test Prep Giants. I feel it is our moral duty, being an Indian, to held the hand of that aspirant and say NO Manhattan? doesn't matter! we are with you!!

I am putting all this here in a bit emotional tone because i have seen myself struggling intensely with all this stuff with scarce resources.

Since you have made an appeal, i am sure most of our countrymen ,not only of south, will give you the support for this initiative.

+1 for this.

Pls let me know the further development of this project,

For any contact you can reach me at abhijit.7980@gmail.com or on my cell 08796556001

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijit (Alias - Narenn)
Pune.

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2167

Kudos [?]: 7680 [1] , given: 3627

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 15:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Great idea! I would probably elaborate as to what you want to accomplish/do/cook/serve/tell, and so on.
Don't get me wrong Marcab - I would come to hang out for any reason, but not everyone may be as motivated, so would be good to know the purpose/goal/value, etc.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 63 [3] , given: 41

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 19:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Marcab,

That's an great initiative.
May be I can add in a bit of my thought here.

Say, lets have a meet spread over 3-4 major cities of south like Chennai, Hyderabad, or Bangalore . One major city to be covered every week !
Put up a poll to decide where the meet will be held over the coming week. So, If its Chennai this week, Hyderabad / Bangalore may be voted in next forthcoming weeks.

As bb said, perhaps having a purpose might well serve the intent of your initiative. Adding to it , in every city one or two guys who actually gave the GMAT could prepare some agenda for the meeting to address some specific needs of the test takers based on their experience. May be once we zero-in on a city for the forthcoming week, we can create an poll or open discussion to ask the major needs of the people participating in that week's meeting.

Finally , if at all we are meeting, lets stick to a coffee shop like coffee-day or Barista.

I am waiting for more inputs/changes/suggestions from you guys and others or whosoever is interested in this meets.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 125

Kudos [?]: 570 [2] , given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 03:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
bb wrote:
Great idea! I would probably elaborate as to what you want to accomplish/do/cook/serve/tell, and so on.
Don't get me wrong Marcab - I would come to hang out for any reason, but not everyone may be as motivated, so would be good to know the purpose/goal/value, etc.

@bb
Glab to be back here on GMAT Club.
The sole purpose of the meet is to share thoughts not only about GMAT such as how to prepare and what material to refer, but also to discuss about post GMAT. Since I still have enough time before I apply, I shall be grateful to the members who can throw some light on how to increase the acceptance chances.
I agree that this can also be done on forums, but one to one under the banner of GMAT Club can be much more helpful-for GMAT Club and for respective members.

BB- it will be great if you can let me know how you think this would work.

@Igloo and @Narenn....kudos.
Totally agree with the concept given by Igloo.

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 05-24-2013
GPA: 3.77
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 21

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 10:49
Will definitely like to meet fellow Gmatclub members in Bangalore and discuss on the mentioned topics here by BB and rest.
Kudos to all of you guys..

All Gmatclub Forum tags at one place
viewforumtags.php

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 587

Kudos [?]: 2126 [0], given: 679

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 14:12
Expert's post
GOOD Stuffs.
2 things:
1. would people agree to fly down to meet?
2. what are we ideally looking at?

I will be in Bombay from June and I am totally ON for something like this and I know folks who will totally dig this (jumsumtak) for example. It would be great to involve some major MBA applicant folks too to extend the diversity and ideas.

I think its a great proposition and we can move ahead but a little later. Ideally the timings are great if its in July or August. People start brainstorming about school selection, goals and ideas and it would be great for them to bounce things around and for us to just have fun.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 17:11
Hello,

I think it is a very good idea ......let's meet up....
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 632 [0], given: 116

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 21:37
Great idea... Although I'm not sure how willing people would be to travel long distances.. I can make myself part of any meeting in Chennai but to be honest don't think I can travel to any of the other cities...

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 126

Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 21:58
I am totally in for a meeting in Hyderabad.. travelling might be difficult...! but let me know the agenda I ll still try to make it to other places...
Re: GMAT Club India members meet in Chennai   [#permalink] 28 May 2013, 21:58