Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 10:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8384 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 03:00
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:

Well,for Android,it's free for limited access ONLY..If you want to access the whole content(all of the questions etc.)you need to pay around $10 I think.

For those especially weak in math, 50% off $10 is $5.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 489 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 04:01
Expert's post
bb wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

Well,for Android,it's free for limited access ONLY..If you want to access the whole content(all of the questions etc.)you need to pay around $10 I think.

Ha ha.. :) It seems you 're in a great mood on the eve of this celebration... :)

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 08:37
bb wrote:
nelz007 wrote:
Kinda confused about the time zones what would be the GMT timings? What happens if you can't attend the video sessions you can't get access to the GMAT club tests?

We're on pacific time, so 9 AM PST is in about 6 hours.
You can use google to determine what time it is in Los Angeles or San Francisco.

The code will be released with the videos (at 9 am and 12 pm noon). The code is posted with the video. We are trying to encourage people to watch the video but not limiting the code from expiring too quickly. However, if few people show up for videos but instead many use the codes for free tests, we may limit how long these codes "live" for after video release.

I'm not sure why would anyone miss out on these video lessons unless they are in opposite time zones or working. Great initiative from GMAT Club really looking forward to these video lessons.

PS - 30 mins till the first one begins :)
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 08:58
Expert's post
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:15
Expert's post
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 623

Kudos [?]: 2517 [0], given: 745

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:24
Expert's post
Hey Guys
Hope you all are enjoying the video.
We have, however, used a new technical platform on facebook.
So any update/glitch/problem/feedback would be highly appreciated so that we can make things better.
Souvik

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 357 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:25
bb wrote:
scoremore wrote:
Sorry about creating a duplicate post bb. :( Here is my post again!!
Congratulations to gmatclub.. bb.. the founder.. and all those who made this happen.. My questions is - the information video said, the videos will be available at forum in evening also. Since I am working, I cannot watch the videos live. But would like to watch them end of day. ALso they will be giving out code to access gmat club tests.Will those codes be given only to those who watch the video live?

also, since videos come live in facebook first, we have to like gmatclub on facebook to watch them?? I am shy about hsaring about my gmat preparation with this world!! Only people who know I am even trying for gmat is my parents and husband... Not even my sister. Now, if I like the gmat club on facebook publicly, wouldn't it show up on my facebook page... I dont want to do that. Is there a way out? I will totally like gmat club on facebook next year once I get into MBA. But until then it is under wraps. Please help.

Is there a way to get the free gmat club test code for the day? Thanks!!

Meena

Thank you - outside of facebook. That aspect is addressed in the video actually. See around 3 or 3:30, we explain how it will work. You will be able to access them
It took a lot of effort to put that video together. You don't need to have a facebook account or like us to watch it.Best Regards,
BB.

not able to access it outside fb. fb account looks mandatory?
Attachments

Screenshot_fb.jpg
Screenshot_fb.jpg [ 43.06 KiB | Viewed 2022 times ]

Lets Kudos!!! ;-)
Black Friday Debrief

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:41
Expert's post
Yes, the FB account is mandatory to watch the videos when they are released :)
However, if you do not have one or are shy, we will post this same video on the Forum Tomorrow (we'll embed it)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 10:06
Expert's post
First post updated with the link to the first Video.
We'll move the comments from Facebook (if any) into the Forum tomorrow. Please comment/ask questions in the facebook as that's where e-GMAT will be checking.

Thank you!
Any questions please let me know.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 10:28
I just attended the first lecture on RC. But I did not see any promo code on the slides for a free test. Plz help!!

GMAT Club's Biggest Event & Celebration Yet
November 12 - 20, 2012

15 GMAT and MBA lectures jointly designed with our partners (Please note: lectures are pre-recorded, but air at the scheduled time)
One-hour Q&A session follows each video lecture.
Free GMAT Club Tests between Nov 12 and Nov 22rd (promo codes offered at the beginning of each video and valid until 9am the following day).
Surprise appearances by GMAT Club’s star users
2 iPads for the best presenters – help us decide who gets these by voting for the best presenter
Can't make it to the live session? Don't worry! We will keep the videos published on the GMAT Club Facebook page and also release them at a later time on the GMAT Club Forum and YouTube so you can watch them anytime!
New! We'll provide an unprecedented 50% discount on the GMAT Club's iPhone/iPad | Android Apps for the duration of the promo - don't wait!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 10:30
Expert's post
imk wrote:
I just attended the first lecture on RC. But I did not see any promo code on the slides for a free test. Plz help!!

Thank you for attending!
You can find the promo code on facebook or in this post: how-to-efficiently-solve-rc-a-video-lecture-by-e-gmat-142305.html

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 10:44
Expert's post
imk wrote:

GMAT Club's Biggest Event & Celebration Yet
November 12 - 20, 2012

15 GMAT and MBA lectures jointly designed with our partners (Please note: lectures are pre-recorded, but air at the scheduled time)
One-hour Q&A session follows each video lecture.
Free GMAT Club Tests between Nov 12 and Nov 22rd (promo codes offered at the beginning of each video and valid until 9am the following day).
Surprise appearances by GMAT Club’s star users
2 iPads for the best presenters – help us decide who gets these by voting for the best presenter
Can't make it to the live session? Don't worry! We will keep the videos published on the GMAT Club Facebook page and also release them at a later time on the GMAT Club Forum and YouTube so you can watch them anytime!
New! We'll provide an unprecedented 50% discount on the GMAT Club's iPhone/iPad | Android Apps for the duration of the promo - don't wait!

Here it's my friend...'Nov12Free'
It's also there on FB wall.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 18:17
Expert's post
Here is the pre-work file/PDF for GMAT Pill's video on Thursday November 15th.
The video will be at 9 AM PST.

Facebook Event Link (sign up to be notified when the video is released)
Facebook Video Link
Attachments

gmat-pill-homework.pdf [230.57 KiB]
Downloaded 47 times

To download please login or register as a user

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 18:20
I used the link to postpone the test so I could use it later. I got a message saying it would be confirmed later in the day but haven't received anything.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 18:26
Expert's post
nelz007 wrote:
I used the link to postpone the test so I could use it later. I got a message saying it would be confirmed later in the day but haven't received anything.

Thanks. A few things:

1. We will not be sending any confirmation messages
2. It will take an significan amount of effort to send a confirmation message for every person for every single day
3. We did not say anything like that. Here is what the system said (below)

P.S. the tests can only be postponed until 2/20/2013 - your subscription is good until 2/23/2013. Seems like a strange co-incidence :-)
Attachments

2012-11-12_1822.png
2012-11-12_1822.png [ 24.36 KiB | Viewed 1948 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 19:03
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
bb wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

Ha ha.. :) It seems you 're in a great mood on the eve of this celebration... :)

Yeah. Sorry. Was a long day/night/day... now imagine on top of that you had to deal with a 3 and 2 year old one :-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 20:38
Where can I access today's videos and get free test code from gmat club website? Can someone please direct me? There is only 20 mins left. :( Looks like there is no option other than liking gmat club on facebook. BB had said the video will be available on gmatclub website also.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 20:47
Expert's post
Thank you for keeping the guard and helping out users.
Looks like he found it. Note the "Tests" icon in the profile

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 20:50
Expert's post
bb wrote:
Thank you for keeping the guard and helping out users.
Looks like he found it. Note the "Tests" icon in the profile

Thanks man..! love to do it. :)

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 623

Kudos [?]: 2517 [0], given: 745

Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 09:08
Expert's post
Re: GMAT Club's 10 Years & 1,000,000 Posts Milestone - LearnMore   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2012, 09:08