Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 02:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 20

GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 10:36
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Hi all,
Sorry if this is a stupid question. but how exactly do the GMAT Club math tests correlate to expected Quant sub-scores on the actual exam? I downloaded a correlation spreadsheet somewhere from the GMAT Club website but am utterly perplexed on how to use it.

Thanks to the very generous unlocking of the tests (big thanks to bb and the other moderators!), I was able to take 4 practice exams yesterday, under strict timed conditions [M20-M23]. My scores were a bit disheartening, especially after all of the prep that I've put in, but I was trying to gauge roughly where I stand in regards to anticipated quant score. I realize that the difficulty of the GMAT club exams is meant to be above that of the "standard" GMAT question. The good news is that I still have 7-8 weeks to prepare. That being said, I am at the point where I am emphasizing most of my section on the verbal section.

Here is my breakdown:

M20 - 62% correct (23/37)
M21 - 51% correct (19/37) -- I was pretty burned out during this test for some reason, and actually found this easiest of the 4
M22 - 68% correct (25/37)
M23 - 51% correct (19/37) - This was last test of day, and although pretty fatigued, I found this set more challenging than others

And from an earlier day,

M25 - 57% correct (21/37)

I was just hoping to receive some feedback as to what a realistic quant expectation would be. Other than combinatorics and some visual geometry questions, I usually realize the mistakes I made pretty clearly and easily upon reviewing solutions. Any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 657 [2] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 00:25
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I think you got the spreadsheet from this thread:
result-correlation-between-gmat-and-gmat-club-s-tests-30989.html

"Challenge" stands for Math test number there. I've found a person who scored 20/37 on m21 test and got Q49 on real test. However, other people scored considerably higher on the tests you took and got Q50 or Q49. So it's really hard to say where you are exactly. I hope this gives you some ideas though.

GMAT Club Tests are indeed designed to be harder than real GMAT quant part. So you should do your best to analyze your mistakes as closely as possible and work on your weakest areas. Don't be intimidated by GMAT Club Tests scores. They are just hard by design.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 20

Re: GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 10:15
@dzyubam: Thanks for your response. That was definitely the type of information that I was looking to seek, although it's unfortunate that there aren't some more concrete correlations. I am aiming for a Q score of 48-50, so I definitely have my work cut out for me still. Fortunately, after reviewing the questions I missed, other than on M23, I'm fairly comfortable with the subject matter and feel that in 7-8 weeks of just solving hard problems in Total GMAT Math and reviewing incorrect answers, I can improve further.

Also, if the GMAT Club tests are indicative of 700 level questions, I hope that I can get through the "easier" questions in well less than 2 minutes and have more time to dedicate to the harder questions. On the one practice cat I took (GmatPrep1) with virtually no studying, I received a Q score of 44 and had nearly 30 minutes remaining when I finished that section (I really want to emphasize my time management on CATs, because I am used to being on the slower end of test-taking). I feel I have improved my quant skills vastly in the 2 months since I took that mock exam. I have been getting the vast majority of questions right in OG12, as well, so I hope that I am on the right path.

Although my results on the GMAT Club exams was disheartening, I will keep plugging away. It is nice to know that someone who scored a 20 on one of those exams wound up getting a Q49 on the actual exam. Hopefully, I can replicate his/her performance, myself...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 11:45
MGMAT vs Gmatclub which is better? I think MGMAT is more representative but gmatclub tests help fine tune the skills required for the very top percentile level qns? Am I right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 12:27
Quick question re the Gmat club test: Couldn't you tell me please if the difficulty level of this test is comparable to the real GMAT Quant?I was studying only 3 days, but got the folowwing on free Test, 37 quantitative questions 98% / Q51 Completed 71 min 54 sec December 13th, 07:40 AM. Does it mean anything or is there smthg i don't know about this test?Seems to be pretty unrealistic.
Re: GMAT Club Test Score Correlation and Interpretation   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2012, 12:27