Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 21:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 55

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 05:07
bb wrote:
Thank you - we are looking into this. I have had one other user report it (we will review your logs and hopefully eradicate it)

If there is anything else that seems off or odd, please do not hesitate.

Best Regards,
BB

Hi BB
The problems still exists and perhaps has increased.I have my exam in two weeks .Can I expect to give a test without those messages

Furthermore i wanted to ask I am scoring around 35 in the verbal area that is much less compared to my other scores Manhattan and gmat prep .Are these tests(verbal) a little difficult in terms of scoring .I have given three test and made 12 mistakes .I completely understand the scoring is totally based on the difficulty of the questions but i think the verbal score i get is a little harsh

Finally In one of my quant test I had a repeat question .It was a DS question which appeared as the 11 and 14 ques in the test .It not a big problem as it just happened once in the 8 test i have given .Still I justed pointed it out ,in case this info could help you improve your tests

Regards
Avinash
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8408 [0], given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 20:54
Expert's post
bspreddy wrote:
I attempted my first Quant CAT and I had to end the exam after 3 questions. I see weird symbols in the questions. Screenshot attached. Please resolve this issue.

If the formulas are displaying as code (such as SQRT instead of a proper square root), that is an indication that the Java on your computer needs to be reinstalled. We suggest you try a new browser; if that does not help, then reboot, and if that does not help, please reinstall your java by visiting www.java.com

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 20:57
Expert's post
seandepp wrote:
Tests and interface are great--this is an invaluable resource. One question--is the Q score supposed to match what the Q score on the actual GMAT or GMATprep software would give? Asking because it seems inflated for me (Q47 and Q45 on last 2) as I scored Q36 on actual GMAT taken less than 1 week ago?

It is possible - we will need another 1-2 weeks to dial in the difficulty.
The challenge we have is that the questions are much harder, so the algorithm is different and has to allow for more questions to be answered wrong. Try to focus on the questions you got wrong and learn from the mistakes. Hopefully the good score will inspire you to work extra hard.

P.S. We have made a scoring algorithm update last weekend and I think another is planned for Monday.

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 21:08
Expert's post
therock99 wrote:
bb wrote:
Thank you - we are looking into this. I have had one other user report it (we will review your logs and hopefully eradicate it)

If there is anything else that seems off or odd, please do not hesitate.

Best Regards,
BB

Hi BB
The problems still exists and perhaps has increased.I have my exam in two weeks .Can I expect to give a test without those messages

Furthermore i wanted to ask I am scoring around 35 in the verbal area that is much less compared to my other scores Manhattan and gmat prep .Are these tests(verbal) a little difficult in terms of scoring .I have given three test and made 12 mistakes .I completely understand the scoring is totally based on the difficulty of the questions but i think the verbal score i get is a little harsh

Finally In one of my quant test I had a repeat question .It was a DS question which appeared as the 11 and 14 ques in the test .It not a big problem as it just happened once in the 8 test i have given .Still I justed pointed it out ,in case this info could help you improve your tests

Regards
Avinash

The connectivity issue should be resolved on Mon or Tue. Sorry about that - please take the old tests if this is an on-going challenge. As to the verbal tests, I need to look into the new algorithm. It should not be harsh but we are tweaking things, so maybe some of the bolts got tightened too much..
Thank you for pointing it out! I will look up your session - it is pretty odd to have it.
Thank you for your feedback!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 0 Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 0 Q0 V0
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 05:16
Hi bb,

The new interface and analysis features are absolutely brilliant! Thanks very much.

I can attest to there being a few gremlins in the scoring algorithm aswell - I took a Q test today and received a score of 60 on 51 even though I got 12 questions incorrect.

However, my question pertains to the difficulty level of the questions itself.
I've taken 2 CATs on platform 3.0 so far:
CAT 1: no of 600 level questions - 21; no of 700 level questions - 15; no of 500 level questions- 1
CAT 2: no of 600 level questions - 13; no of 700 level questions - 24; no of 500 level questions - 0

whereas, a CAT taken on the old platform had the following breakdown: No of 600 level questions: 3; no of 700 level questions: 34.

Basically, I feel the CAT is not throwing enough 700 level questions at me unless the questions have been reclassified as part of the upgrade. I haven't taken any quizzes to exhaust the 700 level pool. What are your thoughts on this?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8408 [1] , given: 3646

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2014, 21:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ZoSoKM wrote:
Hi bb,

The new interface and analysis features are absolutely brilliant! Thanks very much.

I can attest to there being a few gremlins in the scoring algorithm aswell - I took a Q test today and received a score of 60 on 51 even though I got 12 questions incorrect.

However, my question pertains to the difficulty level of the questions itself.
I've taken 2 CATs on platform 3.0 so far:
CAT 1: no of 600 level questions - 21; no of 700 level questions - 15; no of 500 level questions- 1
CAT 2: no of 600 level questions - 13; no of 700 level questions - 24; no of 500 level questions - 0

whereas, a CAT taken on the old platform had the following breakdown: No of 600 level questions: 3; no of 700 level questions: 34.

Basically, I feel the CAT is not throwing enough 700 level questions at me unless the questions have been reclassified as part of the upgrade. I haven't taken any quizzes to exhaust the 700 level pool. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you - It depends on your scores
I will review your history and see if anything is off.

On a side note, I am excited to report that we have a new (much much better - fingers crossed) question serving and scoring algorithm in testing right now. I hope we can roll it out over the weekend and ready for Monday. It is supposed to simulate the real GMAT experience, where not all questions are 700-level and you do get super easy questions to throw you off and taunt you... we are getting more evil... it is a good thing, right? :twisted:

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 17

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 01:25
Hi,
I took the verbal & Qunat CAT today but it is not showing the score.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 01:26
Hi,
I took the verbal & Quant CAT today but it is not showing the score.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2014, 23:44
Once the recommendation is acted upon, then it is worth computing the actual benefit and analyze variance in recommended and actual benefit. With this practice, over time your recommendations get closer to actual and your recommendations are more trusted and acted upon.
App advertising
Expert Post
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 54

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2014, 20:59
Expert's post
just tried a 3.0 quant cat and the difficulty level seems to be better calibrated (i.e. harder :)) now versus a couple weeks ago...great job
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 03:36
seandepp wrote:
Tests and interface are great--this is an invaluable resource. One question--is the Q score supposed to match what the Q score on the actual GMAT or GMATprep software would give? Asking because it seems inflated for me (Q47 and Q45 on last 2) as I scored Q36 on actual GMAT taken less than 1 week ago?

Just try a GMAT PREP test... you will get the answer :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Kellogg '17
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Analyst (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 08:20
Hey BB,

First of all, I must commend you (and the team, if there is one) for making such a snazzy interface with amazing level of analytics & detail that now make the GMAT Club tests more awesome than they already were!

I had tried one of the quant tests today and the following is the break up of the difficulty level that I had got:-
500 - 3
600 - 6
700 - 28

I got 26 correct (500-0, 600-2, 700-9, numbers next to level indicate incorrect answers) and the score I got was 51. Just wanted to check if the scoring algorithm has been calibrated or should one take the scores with a pinch of salt & move on and work on the weaknesses as indicated by the test (you'd do it anyway :-) )

Thanks!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2014, 19:37
Expert's post
We have had several new updates released to the tests including a few new features and improvements (also killed a few annoying bugs we found). Right now we are working to speed things up and optimize the statistics. Next on our radar are a few suggestions to improve reports and analytics.

I really appreciate all the input and feedback - feel free to post your suggestions here or send them via the PM

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2014, 13:39
Anybody else practicing on the new platform? I have taken 3 of the new tests and I have scored 51 on all of them. Following is the break up in terms of total number of questions from different difficulty levels, & the number of questions I got correct on each of the tests:-

500 600 700
1.) Test 1:- (3,3) (6,4) (28,19) i.e. 26 correct for a score of 51
2.) Test 2:- (4,4) (7,5) (26,19) i.e. 28 correct for a score of 51
3.) Test 3:- (3,3) (6,6) (28,19) i.e. 28 correct for a score of 51

Is it me who has gotten used to the questions or is it that the questions are slightly less trickier than they were in the CATs on the old platform? Having said that, I do feel that the new platform seems a lot closer to the real GMAT with a mix of questions from varying difficulty levels.

Would be great if some of us can post their experiences on the same.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2014, 16:03
Expert's post
solerenegade wrote:
Anybody else practicing on the new platform? I have taken 3 of the new tests and I have scored 51 on all of them. Following is the break up in terms of total number of questions from different difficulty levels, & the number of questions I got correct on each of the tests:-

500 600 700

Is it me who has gotten used to the questions or is it that the questions are slightly less trickier than they were in the CATs on the old platform? Having said that, I do feel that the new platform seems a lot closer to the real GMAT with a mix of questions from varying difficulty levels.

Thank you for posting this! Anyone who has taken the CAT's and then taken the GMAT, would appreciate your reports and feedback.
I have one data point from one user so far (via PM) who got 49 on the CATs and then 49 on the GMAT. Any others?

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2014, 01:00
bb wrote:

Thank you for posting this! Anyone who has taken the CAT's and then taken the GMAT, would appreciate your reports and feedback.
I have one data point from one user so far (via PM) who got 49 on the CATs and then 49 on the GMAT. Any others?

No problems bb! I'll keep updating it as I try more of the CATs. I'll also post my real GMAT score(after my second retake, due early September) so that we can see how well the scoring algorithm on the new platform mirrors that of the actual GMAT (unless I have a really bad day on Quant in the GMAT :P)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2014, 06:47
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
solerenegade wrote:

500 600 700

By the way, here is analysis of GMAT Prep scoring: gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: GMAT Club Tests 3.0 - Brilliant Analytics Edition 26-05-2014   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2014, 06:47