Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9472 [2] , given: 3703

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 00:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Edit: This thread has been retired. Please use this one instead: gmat-club-tests-support-135225.html

Hello GMAT Club Members, we hope you are enjoying the new look of the GMAT Club and the new GMAT Club Tests!

• If you have had access to the old tests, you have an option to convert your access to a 3-month subscription. However, keep in mind that once you convert your access to the subscription, you will lose access to the old linear tests. Get Access to the New Tests Now.
  • If you have 25 or more Kudos, you an option to redeem them for access. Get access via Kudos here.

We appreciate your patience during this transition - we hope we are doing things right but in case we are not, please let us know and we will correct the issues ASAP. If you run into anything that is not working/looks odd, please report it here or PM me.

Thank you very much,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
8 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [8] , given: 30

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 16:32
This post received
KUDOS
I think you have inherited the weird format (or BUG or lack of functionality) of New GMATPrep 2.0 Software. The RC questions are not clubbed with passage and showing up randomly in the Tests. Its good that the tests are Adaptive now but if you can not club the RC questions with the passage then it looses the purpose

The RC part of the New GMAT CLub Tests is exactly same as described in the following post:

gmatprep-question-pack-1-review-131392.html

=====
2. The Reading Comprehension questions in GMAT Prep 2 practice module are not grouped with a given passage. If you select 5 questions to practice, you may end up working on 5 different passages. This is not helpful at all!
=====

Also i am not able to review my test and mistakes. The test viewer shows only correct and incorrect but no viewing function for show explanation etc.
As there is no way i can get the same set of question again in the next test i can not review my test performance other than correct incorrect

GMAT Exam 690 (08th Aug)
GMATPrep 2 IR 710 (06th Aug)
Kaplna 610 (28th July)
GMATPrep 1 IR 710 (22nd July)
MGMAT CAT 2 IR 680 (1st July)
MGMAT CAT 1 IR 680 (24th June)
MGMAT CAT 1 690 (21st May)
GMATPrep 2 720 (16th May)
GMATPrep 1 710 (13th May)

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9472 [2] , given: 3703

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 22:41
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thank you - The answers to the tests are the highest priority right now.
I will be looking into the timer as well.

P.S. We will be extending the tests through Monday Morning to allow everyone to take them bug-free for 3 days.

Thank you.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 30

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Thank you - The answers to the tests are the highest priority right now.
I will be looking into the timer as well.

P.S. We will be extending the tests through Monday Morning to allow everyone to take them bug-free for 3 days.

Thank you.

Thanks a ton !!
This will certainly help people with hectic work schedule to test their Quant skills in hassle free environment. :-)

GMAT Exam 690 (08th Aug)
Kaplna 610 (28th July)

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [2] , given: 17

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 02:15
This post received
KUDOS
Muki wrote:
Hi BB,

The new look and feel of the website is awesome. You guys are doing a wonderful job in adding more content and functionality to the pool of knowledge already existing here. I feel that the focus on Verbal (with the Verbal Offensive) will help many Non-natives like me. Having Verbal experts replying to posts will help a lot, as it will help bring credibility to the answers/discussions in forums. Kudos to you for maintaining and constantly innovating this website.

As for the tests, I just took a Verbal test. The interface of the tests does "look" like the actual GMAT test. However, the similarity ends there. Following are the reasons:
- The structure of the test was - 12 CR, followed by 14 RC, followed by 15 SC. The actual GMAT has these 3 types interlaced with each other
- The questions in the RC are not grouped. Infact, one passage usually has only one question associated with it. I think I ended up reading 7 - 8 passages to cover those 14 questions. The actual GMAT on the other hand will have only 3-4 passages, with questions grouped within a passage
- While giving the test, I had the option to "see" the correct answer, and go through the detailed description. I thought I will review both these after completing the test. However, once the test is complete, there is no way to go back and review the detailed description associated with a question.
- Others have mentioned that they selected "Hard" questions for the test. However, I was not presented with such an option while giving a test. In my opinion, I was presented with questions in the 600-700 range. However, an "adaptive" test should select questions from pools of varying difficulty.
- I am not being presented with a "score" after finishing the Verbal test. The dashboard just lists the number of tests given, with Status, time taken, and Date/Time of the test. The column for "Score" does not contain anything.

I understand migrating to the new look and functionality of the website, and making everything stable would have been the topmost priority for your team. You guys have done an awesome job so far. I hope you will also look into these small glitches, and make the tests more adaptive and actual GMAT like.

Thanks again for doing all this for the community.
Muki

Hi BB,

Gave my 2nd verbal test a few hours ago. Following is my feedback:
1) The test is still in the same format - 12 CR followed by 14 RC followed by 15 SC
2) This time I kept a count - For those 14 RC questions, I was presented with 12 different passages. 5 of these passages were repeated from the 1st test I took yesterday ......Ideally it should be just 3-4 passages, with passages not repeating across different tests.
3) Large number of passages are impacting the total time required for the test - It took 93 minutes for me to complete the test (41 questions)
4) Although working during the 1st test yesterday, Timer was not working during the 2nd test. (This explains how I was able to spend 93 minutes for the test) However, at the end of the test, the Summary section does give you question wise time taken, and total time taken for the test.
5) On the 20th question, an error occurred, and I was taken to the main forum page. Fortunately, I used the back button of the browser, and was able to resume the test from there.

Hopefully, all these glitches will be resolved soon by your team.

Thanks again,
Muki
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 30

How does the GMATClub New Tests 'Reset Question Pool" works [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
I am curious to know.
In old tests one can take 25 different tests and get new questions all the time.
Dear BB, How to ensure that one gets the new questions in each of the new test he or she takes?
Even if i choose 'unattempted', i get at least few attempted Q's.
I choose 'Reset Question Pool" but rather than getting new Q's i get all the old Q in the test :-(

Anybody else experimented with the new tests?

Regards

GMAT Exam 690 (08th Aug)
Kaplna 610 (28th July)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 11:21
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

Getting Invalid Property Error when trying to go for Quiz with Verbal Topics...please fix this.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 3

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB,

So far the website is looking stellar. I love the new interface. Thank you for sharing the tests with us free of cost for the next 3 days. One question, while attempting questions in a quiz mode and after completing the quiz I am unable to go back and review my answers. So basically I can't see why and how I made mistakes. Is this how it's supposed to be?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 7

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 20:17
This post received
KUDOS
I took couple of quizzes in Quant - I selected 10 PS questions of Hard category. In my first quiz, I did not get a lot of hard questions (only two hard questions out of ten at the max) and i scored 100% quite easily. Are the quizzes adaptive ? I gave the second quiz of similar mix - 10 PS questions of Hard category. During the second quiz, I got one question repeated from quiz 1 (though i had selected unattempted option before the quiz). And also in one of the question, I was not able to see the table for list of sales which was supposed to be given as part of question- I have to guess on and move for this question. The fact that we can't review our work after the test really sucks! I love gmat club tests. I hope all these minor issue will be fixed soon and it will become awesome as usual.
Attachments

File comment: Snapshot which shows the question where table was not displayed
Error.jpg
Error.jpg [ 75.75 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT Date: 08-27-2012

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
Hi, I was in the middle of taking a test and I can't get back to it. Help please! I click on proceed and it says internal error and to contact the administrator.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 13:28
This post received
KUDOS
Even after clicking on the dashboard link, I still can't review the correct solutions for those questions which i got wrong..I can see only what I have done..and the test is not timed..The timer doesn't run..
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9472 [1] , given: 3703

Re: How does the GMATClub New Tests 'Reset Question Pool" works [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 10:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
bgs4gmat wrote:
I am curious to know.
In old tests one can take 25 different tests and get new questions all the time.
Dear BB, How to ensure that one gets the new questions in each of the new test he or she takes?
Even if i choose 'unattempted', i get at least few attempted Q's.
I choose 'Reset Question Pool" but rather than getting new Q's i get all the old Q in the test :-(

Anybody else experimented with the new tests?

Regards

Hi Thanks for the question.

If you reset the question pool, that means you clear your records and will see the old questions.

We should have fixed any issues to see repeating questions (the one previously taken) and that should be the issue any more. If it is please PM me ASAP.

Thank you!
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 30

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 01:42
This post received
KUDOS
manjeet1972 wrote:
Hi BB,

My question is related to dashboard/my account. Although I intend to buy the tests post free period and will have access to dashboard and my account. Just in case, I do not buy these tests, will I have access to my account and dashboard so as to review the wrong questions.

Manjeet

bb wrote:

Hello GMAT Club Members, we hope you are enjoying the new look of the GMAT Club and the new GMAT Club Tests!

We appreciate your patience during this transition - we hope we are doing things right but in case we are not, please let us know and we will correct the issues ASAP. If you run into anything that is not working/looks odd, please report it here.

Thank you very much,
BB

The answer was no for 'Old Tests' and i expect it to be same for new ones too.

GMAT Exam 690 (08th Aug)
Kaplna 610 (28th July)

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 30

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
Here is the screen shots of the most common error faced by me while taking the tests.

I am starting a test with 'Un-attempted' option as shown in the attached picture.
At some point during the test, it fails with 'No question matched criteria' error.
This has been going on for last 3 days in all the new tests.

Am i doing somthing wrong?
Attachments

File comment: No question matched criteria error
No_question_matched_criteria.JPG
No_question_matched_criteria.JPG [ 33.84 KiB | Viewed 1526 times ]

File comment: Test Start
Start_test.JPG
Start_test.JPG [ 20.13 KiB | Viewed 1525 times ]

GMAT Exam 690 (08th Aug)
Kaplna 610 (28th July)

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GPA: 1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 08:40
This post received
KUDOS
this is what I did:
I waited for 30 minutes. Then the problems were gone.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 7

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 15:44
This post received
KUDOS
Also I found a couple errors in the way questions are displayed.
Attachments

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 6.20.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 6.20.38 PM.png [ 254.76 KiB | Viewed 836 times ]

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 6.06.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 6.06.17 PM.png [ 260.68 KiB | Viewed 838 times ]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9472 [1] , given: 3703

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 17:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
GPT55 wrote:
Hi bb,

I got access to the tests about a week ago after I signed up for a GMAT course, but now, after logging in, the system says my subscription has expired. Could you please have a look at this?

Thanks!

Sent you a PM with the link: http://gmatclub.com/tests-old

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE 1: IT 1 Yr
WE 2: Supply Chain 5 Yrs
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 136 [1] , given: 11

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 02:58
This post received
KUDOS
Hi: For last two days i am facing "Extremely Slow Server Response", while taking the exam. The clock is ticking while it's taking long time to move from one question to the next. I am using high speed Internet and haven't faced the problem before. Is the problem unique to me?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 9

Re: GMAT Club Tests Feature Requests & Support [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 06:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB

I'm unable to take any quiz( in quant or verbal). I get the message below.
"Your options do not allow to find sufficient number of questions. Try with a different settings or reset question pool."
I find the questions to be of stellar quality, but i'm running out of time. Please help.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 11

CAT Tests
Not able to review questions. [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 15:07
This post received
KUDOS
BB - I'm getting error, while I try to review questions. Also when I try to post this message not able to attached image or link of the error. I'm getting message that I have a least 5 post before uploading image or link. I'm new to GMAT Club and I don't understand. Why we require prior post to upload image or link?
Not able to review questions.   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2012, 15:07