Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 11:38
Hi,

Can anyone highlight when the tests are going to be available for free on 4th December?

Thanks a ton!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 22:46
Will tests be open for the GMATClub Birthday, 12/4 at midnight PST?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 01:24
mslai87 wrote:
Will tests be open for the GMATClub Birthday, 12/4 at midnight PST?

Hi Guys,

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMAT CLUB!!!!! Your birth has helped many, including me with the whole process.

Thanks for making the GMAT Tests free, it has been a huge help.

Finally, not to sound ungrateful, but I have the same question as above, will the tests be open today 4th December?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 94

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 02:43
today is 4th December, GMAT club birthday....but still you haven't opened the link for free tests.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2234

Kudos [?]: 8393 [0], given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 17:04
Expert's post
Sorry Guys. The date here got messed up.
The system is programmed for Dec 10th. So, I will open it up right now for the next 12 hours but the real 24-hour access will be on the 10th.

Thank you for understanding.
My apologies about the confusion since there are indeed 2 days that over the time have been used as the "bday" dates. We keep interchanging them it seems.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 17:38
Thanks so much bb for opening it on 12/4th! I look forward to celebrating the GMAT Club birthday but stressing out over difficult questions! I really appreciate you opening up the test forum to us. It's been very helpful!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 291

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 22:54
Thanks bb!!! Jus one question though. Are the tests going to be GMAT prep level? If they are really hard as you mention, I don't want to be demotivated. :(
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 06:12
mohnish104 wrote:
Thanks bb!!! Jus one question though. Are the tests going to be GMAT prep level? If they are really hard as you mention, I don't want to be demotivated. :(

As far as concepts are concerned it will be same but for tricks and twist its beyond gmat test difficulty.

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 06:45
ok so my next question is, what is the purpose of hosting a test which is beyond the difficulty of the actual test?
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8393 [2] , given: 3646

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 10:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mohnish104 wrote:
ok so my next question is, what is the purpose of hosting a test which is beyond the difficulty of the actual test?

I would suggest that you do not take it if you have to ask that question. I would recommend that you do half the work and hope for the best on the test day :-)
I assume you are playing devil's advocate.... The point is to strain you beyond what you may encounter on the test day. Similar to how may be done in training/competition/etc - you want to make it hard on you in training/preparation so that you would have

The idea is to prepare you to the unexpected, which happens quite a bit past the 700/Q50 level - you encounter questions never seen before that you are not prepared for.
So the questions that you will encounter in the GMAT Club test will be on average harder (none of them are out of the scope), so on average you will get 30 700+ level questions and 7 600-700 level questions whereas in the GMAT Prep you will see a few questions that are 500-level, and 10 or so that are 600-700 level, and only about 20-25 questions that are 700+ level.

Also, on the GMAT Prep if you are not getting Q50, you will be getting quite a few more of the 600-700 level questions. GMAT Club tests mostly have 700-level questions, so even if you are scoring Q45, you will still get "bombarded" with more difficulty questions. That's why I would not recommend these tests to someone who is not at Q40 or even 45 level.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Last edited by bb on 06 Dec 2013, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Edit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 17:33
Thanks a lot bb. I got your point.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 23:06
Hi, unfortunately I can not get access to the tests, am I doing anything wrong?
It is posted that the tests are open right now, but when I click Take CAT it only gets me on the page with Pricing :(
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 23:53
Expert's post
Tests will open in 8 mins.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 02:14
can i review the quiz i did now tomorrow or that section will be restricted after tonight?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 09:17
Expert's post
amostofi1999 wrote:
can i review the quiz i did now tomorrow or that section will be restricted after tonight?

You won't get access to questions after the free access expires. That is covered in the first post.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 01:19
[quote="bb"][textarea]
December
We will open up access to the GMAT Club Tests at midnight Pacific Time (USA). Make sure you mark it in your calendar and don't miss this opportunity to try the Hardest GMAT Tests for free!

Access will be available from 0:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (USA)
For exact time zones please see this map that displays current time in the PST Time zone.
(PST time zone is GMT-8)

Where do I register for this offer?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 09:17
Expert's post
No registration is required really. Just show up when the tests are open.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 05:02
Great offer
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2013, 10:03
Expert's post
Just a quick reminder that the tests will be open tomorrow.

Thanks and a happy new year!

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q50 V15
GMAT 2: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 84

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2014, 03:32
Thanks for the free test...I have given one today, but I scored very low. I think the tests are much more difficult than actual GMAT.

Sahil Chaudhary
If you find this post helpful, please take a moment to click on the "+1 KUDOS" icon.
My IELTS 7.5 Experience
From 540 to 640...Done with GMAT!!!
http://www.sahilchaudhary007.blogspot.com

Re: GMAT Club Tests - Free Access on Holidays   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2014, 03:32