Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests: How do you review?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 21:34
Lindsy wrote:
Hello to everyone! I just make my first stepps to GMAT praparation and i m very pleased that i have found gmatclub. At the moment is it not to easy for me to write messages in English because it isnt my mother tongue und i didnt use English for a lond time. But I am going to be active on This Forum and who knows, maybe i can improve my English here from reading another messages. Could anybody advie me what i need to go the next. I have bought official Guide, then i have read math reviev part. Some items i k now from school but i think i need more practise. What shall i do as next? To take some online Gmat math tests? I will be glad to become an advise.

You should also check out the forum thread on verbal books best-gmat-verbal-prep-books-reviews-recommendations-78094.html. Beyond this site, I'd recommend googling ESL resources. In fact, here's a link to some resources at Purdue http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/678/01/.

Reward wisdom with kudos. ;)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2009, 14:23
took the maths test , and the mistakes were mostly careless ones
Manager
Manager
Schools: Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2009, 17:25
san03 wrote:
took the maths test , and the mistakes were mostly careless ones

It's funny that you mentioned careless mistakes. I thought about them earlier today. I told myself that on test day, I will need to take my time and assess each question carefully. I intend to ask myself, "What is the question truly asking you and what nuances are obvious?" The nuances of a question can be killer.

Reward wisdom with kudos. ;)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2010, 16:22
best of luck/
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 04:22
Keeping a log of your errors is a very good idea.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 09:06
I ll take the GMAT in April :-D
have done GMAT Prep- but only quantitative - i ve got 300(
Is that bad? i have 2 books OG and Kaplan. Is the questions from Kaplan easier?
Thanks=)
is the disc,GMAT Prep, that i ve get today the same as the program on MBA website?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 10:02
hi,
I am new to this forum or so to say have come here after a long while.On my first attemp at the real GMAT i got a 690 ( 48 Q ) and would like to improve so am back to the basics. How would you guys rate the GMATclub tests and any specific study technics are welcomed..I NEED HELP !!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 12:46
i did two of the math tests on the GMAT club. i only got 23 out 37 on both of the tests. i was disappointed and frustrated. i made some stupid mistakes, but i found some of questions were hard. i wonder if anyone gets 37 out of 37.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2267

Kudos [?]: 8732 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 12:53
Expert's post
tt11234 wrote:
i did two of the math tests on the GMAT club. i only got 23 out 37 on both of the tests. i was disappointed and frustrated. i made some stupid mistakes, but i found some of questions were hard. i wonder if anyone gets 37 out of 37.

Which tests did you do? Did you see a percentile ranking at the end?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 13:12
i did the first 2 math tests. the percentile was 27% for the first one and 14% for the second one. that's super low! btw, how are the percentiles calculated?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 01:44
I'm actually glad I scored this poorly on the first challenge. I'm going to cut out these mistakes and watch my score climb.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 22:32
Dear Folks,

A couple of questions please:

1) How much time should we give studying and building a solid foundation before starting practicing these tests?

2) How many posts are necessary to be able to have these tests for free? PS: I am not sure if there is any such scheme but someone told me about it so I thought it would be appropriate to ask this question.

3) After completing a practice test, we would definitely find our weak areas. How much practice would it usually require to plug in the deficiencies before starting a new practice test.

Regards
Farukh
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 00:17
I am trying to get my 250 quality posts so I can get the challenges! Wow, a 42 to a 48 is a nice improvement and one that I would like to make as well. I am at a 42Q on GMAT Prep. Ive heard that the challenges are mainly for the 47+ level trying to get to the 50+. What do you think of that lanter1?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 00:23
jingy77 wrote:
I am trying to get my 250 quality posts so I can get the challenges! Wow, a 42 to a 48 is a nice improvement and one that I would like to make as well. I am at a 42Q on GMAT Prep. Ive heard that the challenges are mainly for the 47+ level trying to get to the 50+. What do you think of that lanter1?

I think that It's very difficult.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellog, Haas, Ross, Yale
WE 1: R&D - Product Design
WE 2: EPC

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 13:56
This post received
KUDOS
I completed all of the GMAT Club tests over a span of 2 weeks prior to my exam. The questions were fair and representative to a certain extent. I found that on the test there were more "applied" math problems. We are used to the speed, rate, work problems but I had two questions dealing with volume & density and another dealing with electrical power. Pretty straight forward stuff but it threw me for a loop and I ended up messing up all three questions (first three questions of the damn test!). Hence the 49.

Thinking about buying...

I would recommend this to everyone but only after you build up a very solid math foundation. It's one thing to understand how to do every type of math question but its a totally different thing to handle hard question after hard question in a timely manner. The GMAT will continue to give you time consuming and tricky questions if you continue to perform well. The GMAT Club tests represent this aspect of the test well. So if you are scoring high on the practice tests or know your math very well, buy these tests. If not, keep working away on math problems until you are scoring high in practice (untimed).

The questions are very representative. After completing all of the tests I found some of the harder concepts like probability and inequalities to be much easier. I noticed the variation in question types and the tricks and pitfalls in both types of math questions. Data Sufficiency also turned into a strength and problem solving questions became "gimmies"

Sample Scores

m01: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m01 is 75.5%
m02: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m02 is 93.1%
m03: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m03 is 79.3%
m04: you answered correctly 32 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m04 is 84.9%
m05: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m05 is 96.0%
m06: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m06 is 97.4%
m07: you answered correctly 36 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m07 is 98.5%
m08: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m08 is 97.2%
m09: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m09 is 95.0%
m10: you answered correctly 31 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m10 is 85.1% (late night)
m11: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m11 is 92.5%
m12: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m12 is 94.5%
so and so forth...
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 17:26
it's hard to stay "positive" when you do the GMAT CLUB practices...lol..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 18:31
Gmat club maths tests are simply awesome. These tests really take score to 49+ level.
However, I would suggest gmatclub quant test makers to include following concepts.
1. Interest calculations - I don't remember doing atleast one problem on these concepts. But, GMATPrep and real-GMAT are most likely to give problems on these concepts.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2010, 13:18
I went through all the verbal and some of the math tests. Definitely challenging.
Retired Moderator
Followers: 107

Kudos [?]: 222 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2010, 19:30
One word decribes everything about gmatclub test : "challenging"!

RC videos rc-through-videos-99566.html
CR videos cr-through-videos-99033.html
SC videos sc-through-videos-98340.html
Quant videos quant-through-videos-102525.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2011, 20:59
Great
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review?   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2011, 20:59