Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests: How do you review?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 10:27
gparmar16 wrote:
I completed all of the GMAT Club tests over a span of 2 weeks prior to my exam. The questions were fair and representative to a certain extent. I found that on the test there were more "applied" math problems. We are used to the speed, rate, work problems but I had two questions dealing with volume & density and another dealing with electrical power. Pretty straight forward stuff but it threw me for a loop and I ended up messing up all three questions (first three questions of the damn test!). Hence the 49.

Thinking about buying...

I would recommend this to everyone but only after you build up a very solid math foundation. It's one thing to understand how to do every type of math question but its a totally different thing to handle hard question after hard question in a timely manner. The GMAT will continue to give you time consuming and tricky questions if you continue to perform well. The GMAT Club tests represent this aspect of the test well. So if you are scoring high on the practice tests or know your math very well, buy these tests. If not, keep working away on math problems until you are scoring high in practice (untimed).

The questions are very representative. After completing all of the tests I found some of the harder concepts like probability and inequalities to be much easier. I noticed the variation in question types and the tricks and pitfalls in both types of math questions. Data Sufficiency also turned into a strength and problem solving questions became "gimmies"

Sample Scores

m01: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m01 is 75.5%
m02: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m02 is 93.1%
m03: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m03 is 79.3%
m04: you answered correctly 32 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m04 is 84.9%
m05: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m05 is 96.0%
m06: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m06 is 97.4%
m07: you answered correctly 36 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m07 is 98.5%
m08: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m08 is 97.2%
m09: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m09 is 95.0%
m10: you answered correctly 31 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m10 is 85.1% (late night)
m11: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m11 is 92.5%
m12: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m12 is 94.5%
so and so forth...

Where do u get the percentiles from ? Some scoring table is given ??

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 12:22
I feel like I am in the same boat as many of you. I score between a 38 and 43 on the quant section but I took the quant set 1 and got 50% of my questions wrong. Additionally, my percentile was very low so obviously others are doing better. What is the next step? Should I continue to plow through the tests and just review each test as I go?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2011, 22:20
i found gmat club test for quant really tough , but the explanations are really good ,i wish some more questions were available .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Other)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 03:04
Jdam wrote:
I feel like I am in the same boat as many of you. I score between a 38 and 43 on the quant section but I took the quant set 1 and got 50% of my questions wrong. Additionally, my percentile was very low so obviously others are doing better. What is the next step? Should I continue to plow through the tests and just review each test as I go?

Even though you posted long before but for benefit of others I would like to say (esp the bold part)- please understand many people take those tests multiple times, so obviously %ile goes up. Less said the better about the difficulty level of these tests- quite demoralizing some time (feel yuk at times, esp when you feel you are good to go for the real fight!)...

My GMAT Journey 540->680->730!

~ When the going gets tough, the Tough gets going!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Other)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 03:06
Also has someone taken free tests available from MGMAT 4 sets & Knewton one's ? any idea of relevance- I took Knewton SC today and felt pretty much old fashioned ( I guess I encountered as many as 8 out 21 qs based on idioms)

My GMAT Journey 540->680->730!

~ When the going gets tough, the Tough gets going!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 11:36
But manhattan books also have so so much irreleveant material..especially in the verbal
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 11:37
But manhattan books also have so so much irreleveant material..especially in the verbal.. I like kaplan ones better..Kaplan +OG +quant reviews are sufficient to score 650+
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review?   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2012, 11:37