Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat club tests-should I continue or not?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 12:27
During the 10 year celebration time frame, I saw the gmat club tests and thought it would be great to solve such a huge pool of questions. I could not use much of the free code given everyday as I am working. So I purchased the 3 month package. I took 3 quants CAT test till now, 2 critical reasoning quizzes.
I have not gotten one good score on the quant section yet, most of them were 700 level questions.. My score is so low I dont even want to share it here.. this is after 5 months of preparation. I am worn out, tired of GMAT, tired of even looking at gmat books anymore. :(

Is the gmat club tests really that hard or am I Just that bad? I really remember scoring well on princeton, mgmat, gmatprep, quants till a month ago. My weakness was verbal till then, so I thought, and even post poned my exam to Dec 28th. Now after trying the gmat club tests, my motivation to even take the gmat exam is down the drain.

I have done practice questions from preinceton white book, gmat prep green math review, blue verbal review, mgmat SC, mgmat RC, powerscore bible. I am not sure what I need to prepare now. I suddenly feel direction less. Do I review all basics again? or just do more practice questions? please someone advice.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3036 [1] , given: 890

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 23:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
the GMATClub tests are known to be pretty hard and is only meant for you to push your score beyond the Q45 level.
I suggest that you go through MGMAT Quant thoroughly and go through Bunuel's signatures and once you have a tight grasp over the quant concepts, the GMATClub tests will not appear to be insanely difficult.
(still a little more difficult than conventional banks though :P)

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 562

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 19:19
souvik101990 wrote:
the GMATClub tests are known to be pretty hard and is only meant for you to push your score beyond the Q45 level.
I suggest that you go through MGMAT Quant thoroughly and go through Bunuel's signatures and once you have a tight grasp over the quant concepts, the GMATClub tests will not appear to be insanely difficult.

I got a 47 on both mocks in gmat prep a month ago and 43 on the real deal. On MGMAT, I have been getting a 44 consistently. Do you think I am a good candidate for GMAT Club Tests?

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Kudos [?]: 3036 [0], given: 890

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 00:41
Expert's post
Sachin9 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

I got a 47 on both mocks in gmat prep a month ago and 43 on the real deal. On MGMAT, I have been getting a 44 consistently. Do you think I am a good candidate for GMAT Club Tests?

So it depends. Your scores show that you still have some more concepts and tricks to learn about PS and DS (DS especially because i think its more critical). You can take topic wise quizzes on the GMATClub test platform and it WILL definitely help you master individual topics. Then you can, perhaps, move on to full length CATs.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 00:47
thanks Souvik. I plan to solve question pack 1 and then start with gmatclub tests

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 00:51
Expert's post
Sachin9 wrote:
thanks Souvik. I plan to solve question pack 1 and then start with gmatclub tests

All the best Sachin
Though I would ask you to reverse that order.
I ll tell you why: the question pack 1 does not contain hard quant questions really. So I know since you are not scoring 50-51, the question pack will be really helpful. BUT, in quant you should prepare with relatively tougher materials so that a couple of weeks later, you can breeze through the question pack. On the other hand if you do the reverse, being able to solve most questions on the question pack 1 will give you a false sense of confidence which the GMATClub test will surely take care of :P if you know what I mean :-).
I think you should concentrate on building concepts using Bunuel's signature, GMATClub tests and thursdays with Ron. Thereafter, the question pack 1 is yours to decimate :-)
All the best.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 00:55
souvik101990 wrote:
Sachin9 wrote:

All the best Sachin
I ll tell you why: the question pack 1 does not contain hard quant questions really. So I know since you are not scoring 50-51, the question pack will be really helpful. BUT, in quant you should prepare with relatively tougher materials so that a couple of weeks later, you can breeze through the question pack. On the other hand if you do the reverse, being able to solve most questions on the question pack 1 will give you a false sense of confidence which the GMATClub test will surely take care of :P if you know what I mean :-).
I think you should concentrate on building concepts using Bunuel's signature, GMATClub tests and thursdays with Ron. Thereafter, the question pack 1 is yours to decimate :-)
All the best.

Thanks Souvik, I was gonna buy the pack and then I saw the price has been increased to 29.99$ .. damn. .
And then your post. .
I will start with gmatclub tests and then proceed to pack if I get time as I gotto take the gmat in a month..

Also, how good are the questions in gmat club tests..i mean they are tough i know.. even mgmat cat quant questions are tough and they dont reflect the actual gmat stuff..

so do qs in gmatclub tests reflect the actual gmat questions?

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director

Kudos [?]: 3036 [1] , given: 890

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 00:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Sachin9 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Sachin9 wrote:

All the best Sachin
All the best.

Thanks Souvik, I was gonna buy the pack and then I saw the price has been increased to 29.99$ .. damn. .
And then your post. .
I will start with gmatclub tests and then proceed to pack if I get time as I gotto take the gmat in a month..

Also, how good are the questions in gmat club tests..i mean they are tough i know.. even mgmat cat quant questions are tough and they dont reflect the actual gmat stuff..

so do qs in gmatclub tests reflect the actual gmat questions?

Yeah so the "not reflecting GMAT quant" is a pretty stupid statement. Because it doesnt matter. For verbal, I d say the opposite because there you MUST stick to official resources. For quant you need to look at two things.
1. What GMAT tests? (the concepts and tricks for example 2 is the only even prime number, 0 is even and so on)
2. Tougher questions than the GMAT on those specific concepts and strategies.
I think in your situation you should be religiously following a 3 way dose
Thursdays with Ron in the morning
GMATClub quant in the afternoon followed by a nap
Then Official guide and manhattan gmat if you have energy left :)
there you go
Dont curse me if your girlfriend leaves you :P

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 01:58
Mate, I got a 35 in Q in GC test. . Is this good enough to get a 49+ on gmat?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 19:29
Expert's post
Dude don't get too bogged down with test scores. They don't really matter. What does matter is how many questions did you get wrongly, what did those question test and what did you do about them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 22:51
souvik101990 wrote:
Dude don't get too bogged down with test scores. They don't really matter. What does matter is how many questions did you get wrongly, what did those question test and what did you do about them.

Yeah but I need to know where I am currently and how far I need to travel.. So how good is this score? Any idea based on your experience with them?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 22:52
Expert's post
Sachin9 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Yeah but I need to know where I am currently and how far I need to travel.. So how good is this score? Any idea based on your experience with them?

Since its adaptive its hard to say.
How many questions did you answer correctly?

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 01:58
I answered 17 correctly out of 37 but many were careless mistakes.
What do u feel .. where am I right now?

Re: Gmat club tests-should I continue or not?   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2013, 01:58