Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 22:36
I only have two weeks left until G-day. I have taken the test before, and last time with two weeks left I powered through every problem in the OG 12. Now with two weeks left I face the issue of not having anymore CAT's, and not having any new quant problems. I was thinking about buying the GMAT club tests, but then I thought it may be a better idea to review my MGMAT books such as number properties, word translations, and SC. Would my time be better spent if I go back over the MGMAT books, take my last MGMAT CAT and do the GMATPrep V1 tests?

I was thinking the GMAT club tests may be a good option for new challenging quant questions. But I only have two weeks left, so I don't know if I will have enough time to go through all of them. Keep in mind I am studying 8 hours a day these last two weeks.

Also- are the GMATPrep V1 tests different from V2, cuz I have done the V2 tests at least 4 times.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 05 May 2011, 06:47
What to do depends on what your needs are and where you want to me.

If you're improving during question problems, doing another practice test could be useful. That being said, if you're not improving and not keeping an error log, simply churning out practice tests may not provide the results you want.

Yes GMAT Prep v1 and v2 are different.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 05 May 2011, 16:03
My main question is if going through the GMAT club tests in the last two weeks is plausible, or a good idea. Are the GMAT club tests just for fine tuning specific math areas, or are all of them more general in nature? If I need more CAT's or quant problems are GMAT club tests the way to go, or is there another service that could provide me with more quant problems, besides MGMAT and Kaplan.
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 06 May 2011, 05:54
Of course is COULD be a good idea.

The GMAT Club tests tend to be harder than the real GMAT questions, but many people have reported success in using our content to improve his/her score.

Are you keeping an error log?

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 06 May 2011, 05:57
I think its really going to depend on how you approach it.

If you use new material to build on your fundamentals, that is a strong approach. However, if you are in a bit of a time crunch, and you want to focus on specific trouble areas GMAT Club tests may be a good choice.

I have not taken them myself, but I understand they are difficult. They may help you identify your problem areas so you can focus in on what you truly need to work on to get the score you want.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 153 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material [#permalink] New post 06 May 2011, 08:04
I've found the GMAT Club tests to be a good exercise for quant.

They might not be exactly 100% representative of the GMAT questions, but I do feel that they do a good job in terms of getting you to think about solving questions correctly.

With two weeks left, you might be best off buying like 5 of the GMAT Club tests individually, since it's unlikely that you'll have time to get through all of them, and you'll likely want to some time working on verbal and AWA as well.
Re: GMAT Club Tests VS. Review Old Material   [#permalink] 06 May 2011, 08:04