Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Confidence

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Confidence [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 10:06
I have completed the entire syllabus of gmat, first I did quant and then the verbal. Now feeling a little nervous to take the practice exams since after completing verbal feel like I gotta brush up quants. Feeling so terrified, can anyone give some advice please?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 290

Kudos [?]: 664 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Confidence [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 10:55
Expert's post
rbr wrote:
I have completed the entire syllabus of gmat, first I did quant and then the verbal. Now feeling a little nervous to take the practice exams since after completing verbal feel like I gotta brush up quants. Feeling so terrified, can anyone give some advice please?

Yes, that's the dilemma when you study. It's good that you focus on quant, then focus on verbal - that lets you maximize your improvement. However, you will need to gradually mix them all together into one study session as you do various kinds of questions one after another. You need to switch your mode quickly between questions - this takes practice.

Remember, on your actual test day - you'll have 3-4 hrs to do all kinds of questions back to back. You won't have time to get adjusted to a different kind of question. So keep that in mind.

As for practice tests - we invite you to take a look at the GMAT Pill Practice Test (Beta): http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

See this article for more GMAT psychology help: http://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 188 [0], given: 66

Re: GMAT Confidence [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 11:01
Expert's post
rbr wrote:

The more you think about something, the more worked up you get about it. The best strategy here is just to dive in and do it. Of course, you should stay positive, but sometimes that's easier said than done. Just do a practice test and see how you do, and then adjust your strategy if need be.

As the old saying goes: Don't wonder how you're going to do it. Do it, and then wonder how you did it.

Hope this helps!
-Ron

Ron Awad
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting Services
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Confidence [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 20:08