Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
14 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [14] , given: 27

GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 23:30
This post received
KUDOS
Stumbled upon this excellent little resource called The GMAT Demystified by Aristotle Prep (guys who make the SC and CR Grails) :shock: . Great introduction to GMAT and some wise tips and pointers. Clearly not as exhaustive and detailed as the MGMAT GMAT Roadmap, but does well to bring someone new to GMAT up to terms real quick (and hey, its free!). You can download the ebook from below.

P.S. : I have already sought permission from Aristotle Prep to post the ebook here. :)

Excerpt from the website:
If you are just kicking off your GMAT preparation, this 25 page ebook is the book to start with. Not only does this book help you become familiar with the basics of the GMAT, but it also provides you insights and strategies that to score better on the GMAT. This book doesn’t teach you any concepts for the GMAT- it will not teach you sentence correction rules or critical reasoning strategies, but it will help you align your preparation in such a way that you are able to achieve your target score.

Table of Contents

Part –I : Introduction

1. Getting Started …………………………………….………………..7
2. The Pyramid of success on GMAT …………….………………….13
3. Visualizing Success-The Key to Stay Motivated …..…..…………14

Part-II : Advice, Tips, Insights that you will not find elsewhere

1. The wrong and the right way to prepare for the GMAT………….16
2. Debunking some myths……………………….…………………..18
3. Five Incredibly useful tips for the GMAT ………………………….21

Part- III: Getting ready for the test day

1. Three things to do before the GMAT………………………………22
2. Three things to do on the GMAT ……….………………………….22
3. Three things to avoid on the GMAT ……….……….……………23

Part- IV: How exactly do they differ?

Difference between a 760, 700 and 600 scorer…………….………….24

Hope this helps :)
Attachments

The-GMAT-Demystified.pdf [1.59 MiB]
Downloaded 860 times

To download please login or register as a user

disaster-spelled-in-670-ways-10-not-to-do-s-139230.html
GMAT Demystified: gmat-demystified-great-ebook-to-get-started-with-download-140836.html
Tense Tutorial: uber-awesome-resource-on-tenses-download-140837.html
CR Question Bank (LSAT): critical-reasoning-question-bank-download-140838.html

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 02:05
Part II and Part IV look great. In fact,as I start my prep I have been actually wondering what mistakes shouldn't I make because I'm really aiming for a good score. I think i'll get some answers in this ebook. Thanks harshvinayak for posting it.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 10:19
+1 Kudos . Very helpful
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 08:07
A great little PDF. I liked the part about analyzing practice questions. I didn't know that it was so important to spend more time reviewing practice questions than actually doing the questions. Thanks for sharing.

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 00:03
ngould wrote:
A great little PDF. I liked the part about analyzing practice questions. I didn't know that it was so important to spend more time reviewing practice questions than actually doing the questions. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it's very important to analyze practice problems. In fact, this is what I hardly paid attention to on my first attempt and consequently got a bad score. Maintain error log too if you can.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 13:55
Thank you for sharing this

Posted from my mobile device Image

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2012, 10:08
The first half of the book contained a lot of info about the GMAT that I already knew but the second half of the book is excellent. +1 kudos
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download) [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2012, 19:39
Thanks for the post, this is absolutely great!
Re: GMAT Demystified: Great ebook to get started with (Download)   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2012, 19:39