Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 13:25
Gr8 format and questions.. love the Diagnostic Test Answer sheet patter. Its so helpful with the graphs and stuff, you know what are you weak points.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 17:41
To all forum moderators:
I have been a silent admirer of this forum for about 4 yrs and recommended this to a lot of GMAT aspirants but I could not use it as much as my friends did :). Just want to appreciate all your efforts.

Regarding the diagnostic test, I have been refreshing my Math skills and feel I am still few days to a week away from it. Do you think I am ready to take the test or to really diagnose where I stand, I should take it after I am OK with my Math skills?

Thanks.
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 00:05
Thank you for all the kind words!

I think it is a good idea to use this diagnostic test whenever you begin to prepare for the Math part of the GMAT. This test will help you identify your weak areas. After you do so, you can focus on these weak spots rather than refreshing all Math concepts.

Just my 2 cents :).
araon wrote:
To all forum moderators:
I have been a silent admirer of this forum for about 4 yrs and recommended this to a lot of GMAT aspirants but I could not use it as much as my friends did :). Just want to appreciate all your efforts.

Regarding the diagnostic test, I have been refreshing my Math skills and feel I am still few days to a week away from it. Do you think I am ready to take the test or to really diagnose where I stand, I should take it after I am OK with my Math skills?

Thanks.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2010, 13:11
Hello, thanks for all the hard work on this great Diagnostic Test!

I've just posted corrections for about 8 questions. Please update the PDF accordingly to make this diagnostic test much tighter and feasible (badly-worded questions take a lot more than 2 minutes to make sense out of).

I think another way in which this test could be improved is by actually testing how much time it takes to solve them. These problems mostly tend to take at least 2 minutes each, so I don't think it's possible to do all 45 in 90 minutes.

Maybe you should turn this into an untimed diagnostic test, just like in the Official Guide.

Great work, keep it up!
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 04:08
Thank you for the kind words!
AloneAndInsufficient wrote:
Hello, thanks for all the hard work on this great Diagnostic Test!

I've just posted corrections for about 8 questions. Please update the PDF accordingly to make this diagnostic test much tighter and feasible (badly-worded questions take a lot more than 2 minutes to make sense out of).

I think another way in which this test could be improved is by actually testing how much time it takes to solve them. These problems mostly tend to take at least 2 minutes each, so I don't think it's possible to do all 45 in 90 minutes.

Maybe you should turn this into an untimed diagnostic test, just like in the Official Guide.

Great work, keep it up!

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 27 May 2010, 09:50
I took this the other day and the format/interface is similar to the actual GMAT - some of the questions were hard but I think this is good practice for the actual GMAT. I was expecting a verbal section, but that's OK! Words are words. Haha, jk.

Thanks bb!
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 21:22
Hi there,
Just a general question for everybody. I just gave the free practice test. Q25/V06. I got 18 Q's right on the quant (couldnt finish last 5 q on time) and 28 correct on the verbal which is pretty good I think (approx eual to V35+). But my percentile is like 20/18. How is that possible. I have been constantly scoring 650-700 in MGMAT tests. So does that mean that 80% of the people taking these tests are above that range? Or is that some people take the test over and over till they get everything correct (timed and untimed)? Is the calculation of percentile correct? Could I please get an explanation?
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 00:52
Are you talking about our GMAT Club Tests? If so, our percentiles are not a good indicator of a real GMAT percentiles because our test taker population is very different from that of the real GMAT test. Some people also might have taken theses tests in an untimed mode.

Just don't concentrate on the percentile scores too much. Learn your mistakes and don't do them again :).
achellappa wrote:
Hi there,
Just a general question for everybody. I just gave the free practice test. Q25/V06. I got 18 Q's right on the quant (couldnt finish last 5 q on time) and 28 correct on the verbal which is pretty good I think (approx eual to V35+). But my percentile is like 20/18. How is that possible. I have been constantly scoring 650-700 in MGMAT tests. So does that mean that 80% of the people taking these tests are above that range? Or is that some people take the test over and over till they get everything correct (timed and untimed)? Is the calculation of percentile correct? Could I please get an explanation?

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 08:36
thanks a lot . :-D... i just got to know about this site and started browsing it.... it's really good... i am about to take my first GMAT diagnostic test that I just downloaded.....
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2010, 05:02
Welcome to the Club!

Good luck with your GMAT Prep!
icivio wrote:
thanks a lot . :-D... i just got to know about this site and started browsing it.... it's really good... i am about to take my first GMAT diagnostic test that I just downloaded.....

Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2010, 07:49
Thanks a lot group , very good collection of questions

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS, Oxford
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2010, 04:55
Thanks a lot....Im amazed at the quality of information available on this site.
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2010, 05:25
Welcome to the Club! I hope info available here helps you achieve your target GMAT score.

Alchemist1320 wrote:
Thanks a lot....Im amazed at the quality of information available on this site.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS, Oxford
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 05:49
I gave the GMAT clun diagnostic test...

I scored ( 34/45)....6/10 in DS and 28/35 in PS...

how is stacked against others who took it ?

Also..some questions were simply too lengthy....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 22:13
BB,
This is excellent stuff!
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 22:23
If you took the Diagnostic Test online using our Tests engine, you should be able to see the percentile score on the Diagnostic Test review screen.
Alchemist1320 wrote:
I gave the GMAT clun diagnostic test...

I scored ( 34/45)....6/10 in DS and 28/35 in PS...

how is stacked against others who took it ?

Also..some questions were simply too lengthy....

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2010, 05:19
bb who compiled all these tests? And are these questions from some GMAT books and materials?
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 05:07
These questions were developed from scratch by BB and GMAT TIGER. Many community members still help with improving the questions.
qweert wrote:
bb who compiled all these tests? And are these questions from some GMAT books and materials?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 09:10
thank you. Particularly for the hard work of categorizing questions in to easy, medium, and hard!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 7

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2010, 15:19
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks, it was a great exercise however in take online option, the question is different( i think its from before it was reworded) it asks to solve for 8small and 2large books, where he can choose 5 books but cant take 2 large at same time, wording was kind of confusing for me, i thought of it that he can take all 5 small books but then reading question it gave me impression that they want to take 1 large book hence i ended up finding probability for 1 large 4small books. Please see if you would like to reword that and clarify it little more.
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2010, 15:19