Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 07:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7635 [1] , given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 21:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I have an update to the doc coming. The links have been aligned with the new doc/PDF. If you are using an old one (and current one) please see a question ahead/back. I should have the new PDF posted within a day.

Thanks for your patience!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7635 [1] , given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 14:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Version 6.1 of the diagnostic test has been published.

Changes:
1. Added several new questions
2. Rearranged some of the questions
3. Updated several online discussions

Thank you for everyone's feedback!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Statistics, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 07:44
I think question three should be rephrased. The PDF test reads "If X is an INTEGER" but the linked answer addresses the question "If X is a POSITIVE NUMBER", so the given explanation doesn't work.

Same for question eight. The test question stem does not match the linked explanation.

Thank you for putting this together!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 22:20
I am new to GMATclub. I have finished my theory and now I want to give mock tests.
Which would be the best mock test to join?
Also, are there any free tests available?
Expert Post
Math Expert
Followers: 3250

Kudos [?]: 22445 [0], given: 2619

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 05:48
Expert's post
trisha wrote:
I am new to GMATclub. I have finished my theory and now I want to give mock tests.
Which would be the best mock test to join?
Also, are there any free tests available?

Check free tests here: http://gmatclub.com/tests/dashboard/startfree.html

Paid tests are here: http://gmatclub.com/tests/dashboard.html (they are open/free on holidays)

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 11 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 22

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2013, 16:43
Hello,

I just took this test. I read #38 three times and I still don't understand exactly what it's asking, so I think this could be reworded.

On #20, it leaves the possibility to test negative factorials, but from my understanding, that is not tested on the GMAT.

On #12, the question tests you on whether you know that 0 is divisible by any positive number. According to a staff member's post on a MGMAT forum that I read, I believed this kind of 'nit-picky rule' was not tested?

Overall though, very useful diagnostic!

Please +1 KUDOS if my post helps. Thank you.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 22

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2013, 17:49
Also, I noticed that #13 on the spreadsheet links to an old explanation.

Please +1 KUDOS if my post helps. Thank you.

Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 222

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 23:08
Thanks for such a wonderful set of questions. Its of great help :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 12:27
Thank you very much for the test!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2014, 17:11
Has this diagnostic test been updated to accommodate the typical questions that may be asked on the new computer-adaptive test? If not, is this diagnostic still a beneficial tool to determine my quant readiness level?
Expert Post
Math Expert
Followers: 3250

Kudos [?]: 22445 [0], given: 2619

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 00:45
Expert's post
wrldchanger wrote:
Has this diagnostic test been updated to accommodate the typical questions that may be asked on the new computer-adaptive test? If not, is this diagnostic still a beneficial tool to determine my quant readiness level?

Yes, the diagnostic test is constructed to mimic the real test and questions.

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 11 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2014, 11:14
thanks a lot :)
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2014, 11:14