Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 15:16
Hello to everyone! Could somebody help me, i need to find more information about Functions. It its pity but i cant undesrtand the explanation from of. Guide. I must say that at school i havent any priblems with functions, now i need a reallz good explanationto revose this part of math tasks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8195 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 17:43
Expert's post
Lindsy wrote:
Hello to everyone! Could somebody help me, i need to find more information about Functions. It its pity but i cant undesrtand the explanation from of. Guide. I must say that at school i havent any priblems with functions, now i need a reallz good explanationto revose this part of math tasks.

You can try Manhattan GMAT Equations, Inequalities, & Vicks

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 23:06
Thanks a lot! What do you think, can somewhere be an online version of this book?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UC Berkeley (Haas), Santa Clara U (Leavey), UC Davis, University of San Francisco

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 16:11
I've never taken the GMAT and I was looking for a diagnostic test. I found this one, but, as you know, it doesn't have the verbal portion of it. Also, I read on this thread that it is not recommended for first-timers, like me. I was considering taking the GMAT simply to assess where I was. However, at around $200 a pop, it made me reconsider. I remember that some of the books to study for the GMAT have tests, but I would like to take a computer-based test, as this is how the GMAT is actually administered. Can someone recommend one, if such a test is available? Free, of course, is always better, but, if I have to pay, I would do it--as long as it's not $200!! Thank you all.

By the way, bb, this is a great resource you've provided. Thanks.
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 650 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 23:31
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club!

Here's a thread with reviews of different computer-based adaptive and non-adaptive Tests that you might want to use:

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

If you decide to use GMAT Prep, be sure to use it carefully and save one test for later as GMAT Prep is the best predictor of GMAT score. You'll be able to read more about it in the thread above.

Have a good prep time!
macandal wrote:
I've never taken the GMAT and I was looking for a diagnostic test. I found this one, but, as you know, it doesn't have the verbal portion of it. Also, I read on this thread that it is not recommended for first-timers, like me. I was considering taking the GMAT simply to assess where I was. However, at around $200 a pop, it made me reconsider. I remember that some of the books to study for the GMAT have tests, but I would like to take a computer-based test, as this is how the GMAT is actually administered. Can someone recommend one, if such a test is available? Free, of course, is always better, but, if I have to pay, I would do it--as long as it's not $200!! Thank you all.

By the way, bb, this is a great resource you've provided. Thanks.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Intern
Intern
Schools: UC Berkeley (Haas), Santa Clara U (Leavey), UC Davis, University of San Francisco

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2009, 00:18
dzyubam wrote:
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club!

If you decide to use GMAT Prep, be sure to use it carefully and save one test for later as GMAT Prep is the best predictor of GMAT score. You'll be able to read more about it in the thread above.

Have a good prep time!

Thanks, dzyubam. Now, I'm planning on taking the GMAT/applying for an MBA next year, for the Fall of 2011. Do you think it's a good idea to use one of those tests right now? I just want to know where I am, how well (or bad) I fare, etc. Thanks.
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2009, 01:57
Macandal, I've sent you a PM.

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 26

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 11:51
Thanks.....even though I didn't do so hot on it. I will have tones to work on.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2009, 04:27
bb thanks a lot...u r the best!!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2010, 22:25
I did so bad at the diagnostic test that it's not funny.
I got a 20 on the 45...can you beat that!!!! I always thought Quant was my (relative) strength.
With less than a month to go for my test..I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 06:40
Don't take it too hard. Identify your weak areas and improve them. Sorry if it sounds boring :). Don't give up!
anil4410 wrote:
I got a 20 on the 45...can you beat that!!!! I always thought Quant was my (relative) strength.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 26

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 11:24
anil4410 wrote:

I got 21 (61%) on my my diagnostic test. Then I got 26 (70%) on m25 and 30 (81%) on m01. So, I think you can improve fast too. Don't worry.
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU, Columbia

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 12:43
This is great. Thanks!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 13:34
Thanks this is great, it will help me get started

Be willing to fail. It's the price of greatness. ;)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 07:58
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,
I took the GMAT recently and received a score of 730. Your math test was very helpful in preparing me for the real thing. Kudos to all of you for putting together such a (dare I say it) beautiful array of math questions that was key to helping me perform so well.

Unfortunately, I am not that good at writing math questions! But I will submit at least a few verbal questions you guys can use later on. This is my own small way of giving back;

Arya
CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 08:06
We are glad our Diagnostic Test helped you! Congratulations on a very good score and a first post on the forums. Welcome to GMAT Club!
soundarya48 wrote:
Hi,
I took the GMAT recently and received a score of 730. Your math test was very helpful in preparing me for the real thing. Kudos to all of you for putting together such a (dare I say it) beautiful array of math questions that was key to helping me perform so well.

Unfortunately, I am not that good at writing math questions! But I will submit at least a few verbal questions you guys can use later on. This is my own small way of giving back;

Arya

Manager
Manager
Schools: Queen's E-MBA

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2010, 22:04
I am about 2 months preparing into GMAT and took this test today. Surprisngly I find my errors are mostly on questions at 600-650 level and most of the 700/750 ones are correct. Is there anything to interpret, like taking easy questions too lightly and missing some details?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Ross, Cornell, LBS, INSEAD, Oxford, IESE/IE
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 117

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2010, 07:17
Great work done :)...thnx bb

"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so."
Target=780
http://challengemba.blogspot.com
Kudos??

CIO
CIO

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 04:13
I think you should give the questions you got wrong a closer inspection. If it was a careless mistake, you might be taking easy questions too lightly. If an error had to do with a concept tested in the question, you'll have to review that specific concept. It's also a good idea to use an Error log (if you are not using one yet).
siddhartho wrote:
I am about 2 months preparing into GMAT and took this test today. Surprisngly I find my errors are mostly on questions at 600-650 level and most of the 700/750 ones are correct. Is there anything to interpret, like taking easy questions too lightly and missing some details?

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Ross, Cornell, LBS, INSEAD, Oxford, IESE/IE
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 137 [1] , given: 117

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 04:39
This post received
KUDOS
Guys! I am from Pakistan, can I purchase these tests here in Pakistan?

Any info would be highly appreciable

"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so."
Target=780
http://challengemba.blogspot.com
Kudos??

Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2010, 04:39