Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT Date: 06-28-2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
 Q36  V19
GPA: 78 percent
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT DIARY- DEAD LINE: 30 AUG - TARGET : 730 [#permalink]
PositiveSoul wrote:
Hi Topaz,

I will also take GMAT on 31 august ..... may be we can work together.

Cheers,
PositiveSoul

That would be great...It always gets better when you have a study partner, Join in the journey. At present I am doing number properties. Have you crafted your study plan?...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys, count me in as well.

I made my plans and will be giving on same date.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anticipation wrote:
Hey guys, count me in as well.

I made my plans and will be giving on same date.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
[quote="anticipation"]

Sure...What is your study plan? Which subject are you on?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I've started with verbal. Manhattan sc & doing some cr prep from power score.

Plan to complete both and first 100 questions of cr and sc from og by weekend.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anticipation wrote:
I've started with verbal. Manhattan sc & doing some cr prep from power score.

Plan to complete both and first 100 questions of cr and sc from og by weekend.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Great...Good luck for your prep.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day 7 of 89

I got badly stuck at chapter-8, Data sufficiency of Number properties so had to revise it twice. I am fairly ok to face 600-700 level DS questions now. Tomorrow i am planning to complete Chapter 9-10-11 of Number Properties. I have started feeling that I have been very slow.

Will post again tomorrow...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Are you concerned about having enough time for Round 1 applications? Also, if you need to retake (hopefully you dont), there is 31 days between tests, right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah, I am mainly concerned about Round 1 Applications. Especially ISB, I will be preparing my application for ISB with Gmat prep. Second most important reason I am forcing myself to take the test within 3 months is to stay focused and pressurised. I had booked a test in past ( almost 4.5 months in advance) but I couldnt take the test and couldn't even get myself to prepare for a decent score.

In case if i dont get a desired score, I will still have time to take the test again and apply in Round 2 ( for most B-schools except ISB). Oxford/ Cambridge 's Round 2 deadlines are in Jan.

I will apply to LBS only if I am getting 730 or + score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Good luck! I'm sure you will do fine. You seem to have a great plan in place. :) Let's touch base soon once you are done! I am also applying for Fall 2012 entry -- LBS and Wharton are my top choices. (haha but my threshold is lower than yours, even if i get only a 680 i am still going to go for it)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When are you taking GMAT? Have you booked a test date yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Topaz wrote:
When are you taking GMAT? Have you booked a test date yet?

Yes i did! I booked it for June 25...so just 17 more days left. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh Great, Good Luck! I will wait for your debrief flashing some awesome digits :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Topaz wrote:
Oh Great, Good Luck! I will wait for your debrief flashing some awesome digits :)

Thanks, and you too! :)
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Other
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Topaz wrote:
Yeah, I am mainly concerned about Round 1 Applications. Especially ISB, I will be preparing my application for ISB with Gmat prep. Second most important reason I am forcing myself to take the test within 3 months is to stay focused and pressurised. I had booked a test in past ( almost 4.5 months in advance) but I couldnt take the test and couldn't even get myself to prepare for a decent score.
To stay motivated for 4 1/2 months requires quite a bit of effort. Short and sweet always works better for me.
I am sure you will do well! All the best.
enkie wrote:
Good luck! I'm sure you will do fine. You seem to have a great plan in place. :) Let's touch base soon once you are done! I am also applying for Fall 2012 entry -- LBS and Wharton are my top choices. (haha but my threshold is lower than yours, even if i get only a 680 i am still going to go for it)
I too am applying for Fall 2012 entry. I think I will be shooting for LBS irrespective of whether or not I get a 700+ score on my GMAT. Have you come up with your final list of schools? Have you decided which rounds you will be applying in? My top 3 choices are Ross, INSEAD and LBS and I am still in the process of figuring out the other 3 schools I will be applying to. I am targeting 6 schools in Round 1.

Lets all keep in touch.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
I too am applying for Fall 2012 entry. I think I will be shooting for LBS irrespective of whether or not I get a 700+ score on my GMAT. Have you come up with your final list of schools? Have you decided which rounds you will be applying in? My top 3 choices are Ross, INSEAD and LBS and I am still in the process of figuring out the other 3 schools I will be applying to. I am targeting 6 schools in Round 1.

Lets all keep in touch.

Yes let's! I am applying to 6 schools in Round 1, and am hoping I won't have to apply to anymore after that. I feel horrible to put my recommenders through that kind of abuse.

Round 1 I am applying to: Wharton, LBS, Insead, Oxford, Cambridge, and HEC Paris.

Round 2 (if it comes to that): Stanford, MIT, Berkeley Haas, and Eramus.

What's your reason for choosing LBS?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
Topaz wrote:
To stay motivated for 4 1/2 months requires quite a bit of effort. Short and sweet always works better for me.
I am sure you will do well! All the best.
enkie wrote:

Lets all keep in touch.

Yeah...4.5 months study plan did not help me at all, 3 months seems much better and realistic one. I have already started gearing up...Thanks for your wishes :)

It feels great to see all of you at the same stage, Could you guys please share your profiles please. I will do the same first thing tomorrow morning...I gotta wind up for the day to wake up early morning...:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just copied and pasted from my old profile evaluation thread...

I'm a 31 year-old east Asian American female aiming to apply in R1 for Fall 2012 matriculation.

Education
-College - Studied fashion design 2 years at top art school (Parsons School of Design -- transferred).
-Bachelors in International Trade and Marketing at a not well known school with 3.85/4.0 GPA, Dean's List.
-MPA in International Economic Policy and Management from Columbia University (3.89/4.0 GPA). Was elected as my program's student chair.
-A+ in economics at Columbia.

*note: I worked full time through college and graduate school with full time course load.

Work Experience
-5 years as Web designer and developer at medium sized education NGO.
-4 years as Assistant Director of Web Communications at Columbia University.
-1.5 years as Director of New Media at a well known, mid-sized environmental NGO.
-Just started new position (also related to new media and Web) at the US Treasury.

GMAT
Aiming for 700+, realistically expecting 680 - 720. Latest Manhattan GMAT CAT test score 740 (Q46, V45), hoping to take a few more CATs in the next 2 weeks before my scheduled exam on June 25.

Leadership Experience & Volunteer
-Was elected student chair for my program at Columbia University. Participated in Columbia's dean search committee for the School of International and Public Affairs. Represented Columbia University on policy study tours to Japan, Nigeria and Ghana.
-Hired and Managed teams of designers, developers and vendors at all my jobs except for the very first one.
- Negotiated contracts and managed budgets.
-Lead strategy discussions at senior levels at my two previous jobs (current job is too early to tell), as well as implemented those strategies with my teams.
-Served, several times, on a panel of judges that determined scholarship awards for my undergrad school.
-Led a viral campaign targeting Discovery Communications and Sarah Palin that received national media attention.
-For my master thesis at Columbia, I was handpicked by faculty to work with a team of graduate students to produce a paper for the World Bank, examining the economic relationship between China and Africa. This paper was used in a Beijing briefing conference for African officials hosted by the World Bank.
- Volunteers regularly for local area cleanups and holiday toy drives.

Language & Travel & Extras
Native fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
Basic proficiency in Japanese and Taiwanese
Extensive travel in North America (US & Canada), South America (Chile, Argentina, Peru, Easter Island), Africa (Nigeria, Ghana), Europe (UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Monaco, Austria), and Asia (Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong)
I am pretty good at art things like drawing (charcoal, pencil, pastels) and painting (oil, acrylic, gauche). Designing for online medias. Photography.
Did I mention I make a delicious four-cheese bacon macaroni and cheese that is to die for?
I played dodge ball and am absolutely horrible at it.

Top Choices
Wharton
London Business School
INSEAD
MIT
Stanford

Safety
Oxford
Cambridge
HEC Paris

Post MBA Plans
Would like to focus on business strategy and foreign market penetration for one of the big name mobile firms in US or Europe. Would also be very interested in exploring innovative mobile technology that targets business and education use in developing and third world countries -- possible entrepreneur route. Would like to leverage my past experiences in new media and viral campaigns and my MPA in international econommics to help me go in this direction.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts