Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT DISASTER

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 23:43
This post was
BOOKMARKED
hi Experts,

i have given GMAT 4 times as if now and in complete disaster zone and need advice following are my stats , please suggest if anything can be done from here.

GMAT 1st ATTEMPT- DATE 30- SEPT-2011

SCORE - 580- Q/V - 47/26

GMAT 2nd ATTEMPT - DATE 31 -OCT-2011

PREPARATION TESTS SCORE

GMAT PREP 1- 690 Q/V - 49/33
GMAT PREP 2- 730 Q/V-50/39

GMAT SCORE - 680 - Q/V - 49/32

AFTER THIS I APPLIED TO 8 B-SCHOOLS - KELLEY,OLIN,FISHER,SMEAL,OWEN
,ISB,RICE,USC MASHAL - GOT 3 INTERVIEW CALL- OLIN,FISHER,RICE - NO ADMIT FEEDBACK GOT FROM RICE AND OLIN - LOW GMAT AS COMPARED TO INDIAN IT POOL.

GMAT 2nd ATTEMPT - DATE 12 -AUG-2012

PREPARATION TESTS SCORE

GMAT PREP 1- Q/V - 700 -50/35
GMAT PREP 2- 730 Q/V-50/39

MGMAT SCORES - 680,690,690,700,710

GMAT SCORE - 660 - Q/V - 47/34 ----- I BY MISTAKE TOOK LONGER BRAKE BEFORE QUANT SO LOST 4 MINS AND DID EXAM IN 71 MINS

GMAT 4TH ATTEMPT - DATE 2 -NOV-2012

PREPARATION TESTS SCORE

GMAT PREP 1- 770 Q/V --50/45
GMAT PREP 2- 780 Q/V-50/46

CHANGED FEW STRATEGIES - WAS IMPROVED IN BOTH TIMING AND ACCURACY AND WAS CONFIDENT

GMAT SCORE - 630 - Q/V- 48.28

PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO I AM GUY WITH GOOD WILL POWER BUT NOW I AM LOST AGAINST THIS EXAM AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT , EXPERT PLEASE REPLY

THANKS
ABHI
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 23:57
Expert's post
1. yougottastopwritinginallcapsbecauseidosomecrazystuff aswellwhichwillmakeitjustashardforyoutoread

2. Study more verbal - that's your weakness.

3. Stop wasting time and money and find a tutor who can help you diagnose your issues. After 4 attempts I am not sure there is something we can tell you from across the pacific. You definitely can improve your Verbal skills (e.g. suggest to me, not suggest me). I would recommend to read as much fiction/books/magazines as you can but most important, get someone who can diagnose your verbal issues.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 00:08
bb wrote:
1. yougottastopwritinginallcapsbecauseidosomecrazystuff aswellwhichwillmakeitjustashardforyoutoread

3. Stop wasting time and money and find a tutor who can help you diagnose your issues. After 4 attempts I am not sure there is something we can tell you from across the pacific. You definitely can improve your Verbal skills (e.g. suggest to me, not suggest me). I would recommend to read as much fiction/books/magazines as you can but most important, get someone who can diagnose your verbal issues.

Good Luck!

Hi bb,

i took my first coahing in feb-june -2011

second coaching was a verbal booster session- in which they taught about certain strategy to crack verbal question , pattern recognition and other tricks , After which i got 730-780 in my mocks applying the strategy . but was not expecting such a disaster result .

Also , if i take 680 as my final score do you think it will go really bad as now i have to explain my 4 attempts with declining score trend.

i mean should i even consider a fifth attempt

Thanks
Abhinav
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 00:29
Gosh! You have already burnt $1000 in taking the test alone. Why do you have to take it again and again I simply don't understand especially when you are not targeting the top schools. Smeal, Olin and Fisher would take you with a 680 too. Please stop being one of those crazy Indians here who can't stop obsessing over their GMAT scores to the point of ruining their lives. Sorry for being harsh but I think you need to get a reality check.

Assuming you even hit 700 mark, how much of that would actually help you. Not much given the fact that you already have a 680 and most admission committees will think that instead of doing something productive you were obsessed with GMAT for 1.5 years.

@bb
Your first line made me think as though your computer's space bar has gone for a toss :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 00:34
abhinagar9 wrote:
bb wrote:

Good Luck!

Hi bb,

i took my first coahing in feb-june -2011

second coaching was a verbal booster session- in which they taught about certain strategy to crack verbal question , pattern recognition and other tricks , After which i got 730-780 in my mocks applying the strategy . but was not expecting such a disaster result .

Also , if i take 680 as my final score do you think it will go really bad as now i have to explain my 4 attempts with declining score trend.

i mean should i even consider a fifth attempt

Thanks
Abhinav

Hi Shovit,

i agree with you and on top of that around 20k INR on coaching and some more on application, but i applied to those college because their avg GMAT is around 680 ,

Noe damage is already done but to explain 4 attempts will be an issue , also i retook test because of the feedback from -schools ,else i need an MBA not a good GMAT , but now i am blank and screwed , and i should have go this harsh but true advise on nov -2011 , so i am really glad you replied , but can you please tell me path from here

Thanks
Abhinav
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 986 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 21:58
I second the replies of both shovithar and BB. first of all take a break. Follow a healthy routine of good diet and exercise. try to reduce your stress and anxiety levels.

Your fluctuating scores proved that you can not hold your nerves. eg 37 quant in 71 mins is not impossible but since you had lost so much time you got scared and it ruined your score.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT DISASTER [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 01:42
gurpreetsingh wrote:
I second the replies of both shovithar and BB. first of all take a break. Follow a healthy routine of good diet and exercise. try to reduce your stress and anxiety levels.

Your fluctuating scores proved that you can not hold your nerves. eg 37 quant in 71 mins is not impossible but since you had lost so much time you got scared and it ruined your score.

Hi Gurpreet,

I think you are right to some extent as even i belive that i don't lack in knowledge and pepration front , But again as you pointed out in my 3rd attempt because i lost 4 mins i got all panic , but what about my fourth attempt , in which i was all calm and confident ,and that is why after 4th attempt i just lost self believe that i can do this , you are right about taking a break , but more important question here is - Should i even think of 5th attempt or let it go ........... :oops:
Thanks
Abhinav
Re: GMAT DISASTER   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2012, 01:42