Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 10:04
Spoilt wrote:
Hello username123,

Thanks for posting the error. I just checked and it appears for me too in .xlsm (office 2007 version). However, version .xls is working file. The problem is with microsoft conversion tool in older version.

use the version(.xls) i.e. GMATClub_Error_Log_V3.0.xls.

actually, i was using the .xls version, but i have office 2004 (mac) so that may be why the conversion is not working.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.95
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 15

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 20:12
Hello username123,

I have checked this problem on microsoft support web http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274222

The problem is because MAC OS doesn't support activex control.

I have removed the activex control : Use the attached version. Timer will start when you double click on
"Your Answer" and will stop when you double click on any other column.

Please feel free to ask for any improvement : I will try my best to implement it.

Mac Version:
Attachment:
GMATClub_Error_Log_V_Mac.xls [544 KiB]
Downloaded 91 times
To download please login or register as a user

GMAT Club Error Log V3.0 - with Timer
GMAT Club Error Log
Spoilt Error Log V0.0.9 - with Timer
Awesome Error Log - By Spoilt and Trianglock

Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 21:15
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 10:49
When do you guys fill out the log (at least the part about the inputted answer), during the exam after each question, or after completing the entire exam? To make use of the timer, I am guessing one would fill this out during the exam, but boy that would kill my concentration!

Thanks,
-Steve
Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 11:13
vtsteevo wrote:
When do you guys fill out the log (at least the part about the inputted answer), during the exam after each question, or after completing the entire exam? To make use of the timer, I am guessing one would fill this out during the exam, but boy that would kill my concentration!

Thanks,
-Steve

I have the exact same question!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 15

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 20:04
username123 wrote:
vtsteevo wrote:

Thanks,
-Steve

I have the exact same question!

That's true. However, for full length test(e.g. MGMAT, Kaplan) we don't have to worry about filling the answers. we can review the answers and time later.

For practice, OG / MGMAT Guides. I use the GMAT Club Log V3.0, I go on logging the "Answer" and logs automatically calculates the time for each question. I consider the time taken for logging the time same what it takes to press next/confirm answer in full length test.

Please let me know if you have any idea for improvement in logs.

GMAT Club Error Log

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 22:22
Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for this effort. These are awesome tools.

I have been using the awesome_log, and so far it has been great... I just have one thing that I would like to change... I want to add more options into the areas and subareas of the quant and verbal categories... but when I add extra fields in the database tab... they don't show as valid options in the quant and verbal log. Could I get some instructions on how to add new fields so they become available options in the actual logs??

Another excel thing I would like to do and that seems to have been supressed... how do I make the cells to autoadjust their size in order to see the whole sentence that I write down?? or even more basic... how do I move the margins of the columns or rows??

Regards and thanks again!!

It ain't over til it's over - Yogi Berra

Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 09:28
chokoloko wrote:
Another excel thing I would like to do and that seems to have been supressed... how do I make the cells to autoadjust their size in order to see the whole sentence that I write down?? or even more basic... how do I move the margins of the columns or rows??

you should be able to double click the line in between two column headers. this should make the columns auto-adjust to see the entire sentence. single click and drag allows you to pick the width yourself.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 11:14
username123 wrote:
chokoloko wrote:

you should be able to double click the line in between two column headers. this should make the columns auto-adjust to see the entire sentence. single click and drag allows you to pick the width yourself.

I understand what you are saying, but this spreadsheet has the headers hidden... so I can't click in between them to autoadjust the size. I think I would have to unhide the headers, but I don't know how...

Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 11:29
chokoloko wrote:
username123 wrote:
chokoloko wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but this spreadsheet has the headers hidden... so I can't click in between them to autoadjust the size. I think I would have to unhide the headers, but I don't know how...

sorry, didn't have it open. tools -> options -> view -> check: row and column headers.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 12:07
sorry, didn't have it open. tools -> options -> view -> check: row and column headers.[/quote]

Thanks!! now I just need to know how to add different areas & subareas to the log. Do you have an idea on how to do this??

Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 12:18
i've changed the names and added names to the database tab, and it worked. basically, i just typed over what was already in the cell that i wanted to change. i'm not sure what the problem on your end is...
5 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 92 [5] , given: 15

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2010, 22:35
This post received
KUDOS
Dear All,

Updated version of Awesome Error Log (V3.0):

Changes
Added Timer Functionality

To use Timer : Double click on cell "START TIMER" and log your answers.

bb: Can you please update those on first page? Thanks in advance.

Attachment:
Awesome Error Log_V3(Timer) .xls [1.3 MiB]
Downloaded 278 times

Office 2007:
Attachment:
Awesome Error Log_V3(Timer) .xlsm [391.94 KiB]
Downloaded 219 times

Edit: Removed attachements to correct bug

Edit: Attached corrected files

GMAT Club Error Log

Last edited by Spoilt on 03 Mar 2010, 00:44, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2010, 22:49
Spoilt wrote:
Dear All,

Updated version of Awesome Error Log (V3.0):

Changes
Added Timer Functionality

To use Timer : Double click on cell "START TIMER" and log your answers.

bb: Can you please update those on first page? Thanks in advance.

Attachment:
Awesome Error Log_V3(Timer) .xls

Office 2007:
Attachment:
Awesome Error Log_V3(Timer) .xlsm

Thank you, Spoilt! The timer function is much appreciated!
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 06:24
Great!! Thanks Spoilt!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 16:31
Which template can be imported into Google Docs and be used online easily?

I keep all my docs on google now and am hoping there is a way to track log in there as well. It's very convenient to use any computer and practice questions.

Another thing is about question number. After finishing OG12, I'm switching to VG, should I manually overwrite the question number as 1 and then go from there?

Thanks for the awesome log. It's GREAT!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Thank you [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 06:11
Great work, fantastic effort! Thank you for helping out and shaping my future.
Current Student
Schools: SSE
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 306 [0], given: 22

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 12:08
It's a bit confusing that the "Awesome Error Log" is made by "by Spoilt & Trianglock". I'd swear that looks quite similar to an error log I made a while ago..

Performance: Gmat | Toefl
Contributions: The Idioms Test | All Geometry Formulas | Friendly Error Log | GMAT Analytics
MSc in Management: All you need to know | Student Lifestyle | Class Profiles

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 12

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 11:44
Thanks to all for your efforts on Error logs. They are really useful and invaluable.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 14:15
Spoilt, in the awesome error log, I'm trying to figure out what color coding means.
I figured out red is wrong, but when is it colored yellow? I thought it's because if it's guess or 50/50, but I have an entry that isn't colored yellow using 50/50.
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2010, 14:15