Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.95
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 21:36
oddys4 wrote:
Spoilt, in the awesome error log, I'm trying to figure out what color coding means.
I figured out red is wrong, but when is it colored yellow? I thought it's because if it's guess or 50/50, but I have an entry that isn't colored yellow using 50/50.

I believe it may be on line 17th Or question number 13th in Quanta. I just checked each and every formula and figure out that question number 13th has some typo in formula.

If it is not at question number 13th : Can you please send me your log by PM ? I will have and look and correct it.

GMAT Club Error Log V3.0 - with Timer
GMAT Club Error Log
Spoilt Error Log V0.0.9 - with Timer
Awesome Error Log - By Spoilt and Trianglock

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 15 May 2010, 03:14
thanks a lot for this thread
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 22:29
Hi,

I started using this 'Awesome error Log_V2.xls' about 2 days back. Seems its not working as expected.

For instance when i filled in the verbal logs for about a 100 questions from OG12 the stats it came up with looked flawed.

I tried to get the quant stats but it doesn't work at all. Is there some info on how to use them that i might have overlooked?
Can we copy values in the log? Can it process copied data?

Please help. Can't affordto waste the time it takes to maintain a log because its way to much. :(

Regards
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2010, 11:50
I've been using the "Awesome Error Log_V2.xlsm" but have only been entering the problems that I got wrong. When I use an Error Log, am I supposed be entering ALL my responses to every question, even ones I got right? I was under the impression it was just for errors. Now I have entered a ton of questions I got wrong and I realized I'm getting NO stats back because it's talking about my accuracy rate, or the ones I got right. Can anyone help me tweak it so it gives me stats on just the types I'm getting wrong the most (proportional to other questions I"m getting wrong)? Would be greatly appreciated...I'm no Excel wiz.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2010, 09:48
>>The error log I used for my prep.
>>Final version, it has gone through all the necessary QA.

I'm with you! The fancy excel spreadsheets make me feel like you're doing more work than is needed! And god knows I have enough on my plate already... As if studying for the gmat itself wasn't enough!

:D :D

Kudos to all the winners though! Very talented lot you all are. ;-)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 21:28
I love this!! Thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 43

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 01:01
Hello, can someone please help me understand what are the attached "error logs"? do we fill them up with our errors while practising, to review the errors later?
Sorry for being such an ignorant.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 43

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 01:38
Can someone please explain to me how to use the "winning" error log above? Do we record all our answers including the ones we got right? For example, what does "Careless" mean in "Issue"?
The help page is empty. Is there any explanation on how to use this tool, written somewhere?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas, McCommbs, Anderson, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 15:13
I just downloaded the error log! thanks a lot for this. Now I just have to figure out how to use it effectively...any tips?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8372 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 17:36
Expert's post
Ozisco wrote:
I just downloaded the error log! thanks a lot for this. Now I just have to figure out how to use it effectively...any tips?

Ultimately you want it to be usable. If it is too hard/complicated to figure out, you won't use it.
Your goal is to have a record of all the questions you did wrong (maybe even the ones you did right but that's not as important).

There is also an auto-error log built into GMAT Club - see more here:
time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Competition for the Best GMAT Error Log Template [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 18:15
score780 wrote:
Hello, can someone please help me understand what are the attached "error logs"? do we fill them up with our errors while practising, to review the errors later?
Sorry for being such an ignorant.

i put in every answer, both correct and incorrect. that way you can see your percent correct.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 04:03
thanks for sharing
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2010, 14:54
I would like to use the Error Log posted here. Can you please tell me how do I do it? Is it that the error log already has all the sources and the correct answers in it and then I just put my choices in there? And then how do I use the gmatclub timer? Also, what does OA stand for?
Thanks
MainHoon

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2010, 17:40
mainhoon wrote:
I would like to use the Error Log posted here. Can you please tell me how do I do it? Is it that the error log already has all the sources and the correct answers in it and then I just put my choices in there? And then how do I use the gmatclub timer? Also, what does OA stand for?
Thanks
MainHoon

oa = official answer

i don't think the log already has the correct answer. i use the awesome log and for each question that i complete, i input each of the fields: time, my answer, correct answer, question type, etc. once you complete a bunch of questions, the log shows you which question types you are most accurate at and highlights your incorrect answers.
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2010, 17:42
What is the "awesome" log? Can you point me to the best error to use? Are there many here? Can you point me to the best one? Thanks
MainHoon

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2010, 18:00
mainhoon wrote:
What is the "awesome" log? Can you point me to the best error to use? Are there many here? Can you point me to the best one? Thanks
MainHoon

you can download it on page 1 of this thread. i did a quick look through of all the available downloads, and i liked that one the best.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 15:22
great error logs! I still had to modify the logs to suit my needs. For example, I prefer looking at both % and absolute # of questions I got correct on each section. I also thought that the question type and subtypes were an overkill. So I decided to add the values that would match my needs to keep track of the areas. but great logs nonetheless! thanks!!

-DK
---------------------------------------------------------
If you like what you read then give a Kudos! :-)
Diagnostic Test: 620
The past is a guidepost, not a hitching post.
---------------------------------------------------------

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 01:12
Hi all,

I am having a problem with the Verbal stats sheet of the Awesome Error log. I was solving 1000 Sc and PR. So i left 1000 rows for 1000 SC answer intending to fill them as and when i finsihed them and started filiing in PR answers from 1001 onwards. But none of the PR answers are considered in the verbal stats sheets.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Ali.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 16:50
downloaded! lets see if i can get over the 700 hump...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2010, 05:58
Thanks for the great error logs! Are they compatible with Google Docs? I'm sorry if this question has been asked already.
Re: GMAT Error Log   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2010, 05:58