Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 11:39
I found some errors in Awesome Error Log. When I choose some definite source on the Verbal Stats sheet (except option "ALL") it produces wrong statistics and consequently graths. Could the author or somebody else be so kind to fix formulas, please?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2280

Kudos [?]: 8825 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 11:45
Expert's post
sota wrote:
I found some errors in Awesome Error Log. When I choose some definite source on the Verbal Stats sheet (except option "ALL") it produces wrong statistics and consequently graths. Could the author or somebody else be so kind to fix formulas, please?

I will look into it. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2010, 14:31
Is it recommended that we update the error log with questions we got right also? I'm using the first template found on this page by Saruba and I see it has charts documenting which percentage you get right and in which category.

If I were to update the log with every question that I did, I'd be spending more time updating the spreadsheet than I would doing the problems. I plan on only updating it when I get questions wrong. (Just now, I did 5 review Kaplan number property problems and got just 1 wrong.. that's the only one I inputted on the log).

Or are those accuracy checks for when we do the incorrect problems a second time around? I just want to make sure I'm utilizing this error log properly.

Or maybe I should have a second error log for when I do actual practice tests, and in that, I can keep track of every question in an effort to get a better handle on my raw score? idk. lol.. i really dont know
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 01:28
Can anybody please explain how to distinguish the various types of "Issues" mentioned in Saruba's friendly error log.

such as Careless, Guess, Not sure, Tough, Knowledge Gap, Read the Q

I just want to know the definitions of the above terms??

Thank you!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 14:38
I find the error log very elaborated, but I find them difficult to use... I would rather prefer a simple and easy one... anyone could recomend any?

If you find the post useful, don't be shy and Kudo me ;)

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 18:17
In Saruba's friendly error log, please explain with example, the various types of "Issues" such as Careless, Guess, Not sure, Tough, Knowledge Gap, Read the Q

Thank you!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 07:32
Can somebody tell me how to use saruba's friendly error log?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 10:42
I am happy to see that I am not the only one who doesn't manage to use it properly: so we re all waiting for a "tutorial"...

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 10:51
Where are the moderators??? Wake up guys!!!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 10:55
lol

1 KUDOS received
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 340

Kudos [?]: 1392 [1] , given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2010, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
ashokkadam123 wrote:
In Saruba's friendly error log, please explain with example, the various types of "Issues" such as Careless, Guess, Not sure, Tough, Knowledge Gap, Read the Q

Thank you!!

I am sorry, but what exactly is the problem here?

I think the terms are fairly self explanatory? Careless means you messed up stupidly. Guess means you guessed and either got it right or wrong - possibly wrong, if you're putting it in an error log. Not sure means you got down to like two choices, maybe and picked one. Tough means it was hard and you took too long or something. Knowledge gap means you didn't know how to attack the problem at all and Read the Q refers to you missing a crucial detail in the question and hence getting everything wrong.

And the moderators are here. We try to answer everyone's questions but you've gotta give it a bit of time. Try thinking about stuff rather than just post things immediately. Personally, I didn't really understand what your question even was.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2010, 10:00
sorry man...u answered my question...thanks...

whiplash2411 wrote:
ashokkadam123 wrote:

Thank you!!

I am sorry, but what exactly is the problem here?

I think the terms are fairly self explanatory? Careless means you messed up stupidly. Guess means you guessed and either got it right or wrong - possibly wrong, if you're putting it in an error log. Not sure means you got down to like two choices, maybe and picked one. Tough means it was hard and you took too long or something. Knowledge gap means you didn't know how to attack the problem at all and Read the Q refers to you missing a crucial detail in the question and hence getting everything wrong.

And the moderators are here. We try to answer everyone's questions but you've gotta give it a bit of time. Try thinking about stuff rather than just post things immediately. Personally, I didn't really understand what your question even was.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 19:23
Hello,
Before I posted this question, I tried to read through this thread and figure out if other people had this issue. Many do, but no clear answer (at least from that I was to see).
The way I see it, these error logs are only mostly valuable if you are solving ALL questions and logging your answers.
This does not seem to correspond to what was explained in all-about-the-error log post
all-about-the-error-log-11754.html
I was under the impression that the best practice promoted by most members of forum is to log all incorrect, difficult, and/or timely answers for future review.
As I have just started studying and am still trying to get organised, I would appreciate if the more experienced members share teir error logging best practices and how they use the above tools for that, or if you can link to the appropriate threads.
Regards,
Fadi
Intern
Intern
Schools: Anderson, Thunderbird

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2011, 17:40
How do you use this?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 14:29
How to Use:

I have a question and an answer for those who aren't sure. It would definitely be helpful for anyone who has used/created the error log (I am just referring to the "winner" error log for this particular post) to provide a quick insight on how they have demonstrated to use the excel. I just downloaded it and here's my take.

Simply put as you take practice exams, and check your answers as you get answers wrong you can enter them into the error log. All of the categories are pretty self explanatory, and as you build the data the graphs automatically update to give you a visual representation of how you are doing. However, taking this approach I have a big question about the columns "Choice" and "OA".

It appears that the answer you chose should go under "choice" makes sense. I'm not sure what OA stands for, but it appears it refers to the correct/actual answer? Do I have that right? If you play around with the data, it appears that way, as if you mark both colums with the same letter, the visual graphs change too (Ex. For any questions under "Area" noted as arithmetic, if you set the "choice" to a different answer than "OA" you'll notice the graph goes to 0.

HOWEVER, if this is an error log, then can someone who has used it explain why you would put an entry of something you got the answer CORRECT to on the error log? It certainly provides good stats, but would mean you'd have to go put the entry in for every question. If that's what you are supposed to do, then ok, but can someone clarify? Or does "OA" stand for something else?

LASTLY, what is confusing is that I would think the "#" column would correspond exactly to the number of the question on that particular test ("source"). Is that correct? If so its a little misleading that the numbers in that column are sequential, it would make more intuitive sense if they were random. (not criticizing of course, just looknig for clarity).

Thanks for the help, and thanks for an awesome and very clever (once clarified) error log.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 12:28
I'd be interested in a brief tutorial also on how to use saruba's tutorial. could someone provide one?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 09:14
I'd like to know how to add to the database on awesome error log and have it show up in the drop down options on the verbal and math logs. i want to input more sources (I've already filled up what's available) and more verbal area issues such as flaw and frame. I tried to go in and understand the formulas but I can't get to the root of it so that when it looks to the database it includes the cells I've added. Or maybe the creator could just add in a few extra rows in the formulas that look to the database and upload new version? Lot to ask I know but I certainly can't figure it out.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.95
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 09:09
Dear All,

I can help for any question or correction on error logs.

Please do not hesitate to PM me your question, as I do not follow form posts daily.

Thanks
Spoilt.

GMAT Club Error Log V3.0 - with Timer
GMAT Club Error Log
Spoilt Error Log V0.0.9 - with Timer
Awesome Error Log - By Spoilt and Trianglock

Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 20:46
In regards to error logs, I am using the "friendly error log" but I am a little confused on how it works. The data is not matching up in the graphs. I only have about 7 questions inputted so far. Do I need to have more questions in order for the graphs to be truly representative?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 19:10
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful Error Log!

However do I use this error log only for questions that I get wrong or should I log for the ones I get right too? The reason I'm asking is because the winning error log (sauraba's) has a graph "Accuracy by Area of Knowledge" that gets plotted only if I log my correct answers.

Thanks!
Re: GMAT Error Log   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2011, 19:10