Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Exam in 2 months...please help me decide on the books!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

GMAT Exam in 2 months...please help me decide on the books! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 21:08
Hey Guys,

I've been a silent spectator and reader of the reviews and various sections on this forum for sometime now, and it's just jaw-dropping to see just how many have been successful in acing the GMAT. I have my exam coming up in 2 months time exactly.. and I've finished studying the OG-13. Seeing so many people recommend MGMAT, I would now like to use the remaining time to review the MGMAT series but am not able to make up my mind on which one to take.

Should I be going in for the complete math set? Or would it suffice if I could take up the Advanced Quant Guide and maybe purchase the MGMAT Online exams?

I have started taking up some MOCK Exams and so far have been in the range of 650-700. My Achilles heel has been that I take a lot of time in completing the Quant section and more or less have to rush through the last few problems guessing on the answers. Hence I would want to focus on learning some good techniques that'll help me in improving my speed as well as accuracy. Any suggestions are most welcome and I would love to share my progress with others.

Hope to find some direction! Thanks in advance for your time, patience and indulgence on my request! :)

Cheers,
Praveen
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 456 [0], given: 456

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Exam in 2 months...please help me decide on the books! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 01:34
garfield19 wrote:
it's just jaw-dropping to see just how many have been successful in acing the GMAT.

There is a reporting bias. People with better scores are more likely to share their stories on the forum. Data published by GMAC shows average GMAT scores to be around 550 or something. Read this

Coming to your question, I was not in the same boat as you are and therefore, I'm not the best person to guide you. But I'd encourage you to go through this thread, do Bunuel's signature problems, try out the GC tests and GC math book and participate a lot on the quant forum - all this will definitely help you increase your score.

good luck
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT Exam in 2 months...please help me decide on the books! [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 02:12
jumsumtak wrote:
garfield19 wrote:
it's just jaw-dropping to see just how many have been successful in acing the GMAT.

There is a reporting bias. People with better scores are more likely to share their stories on the forum. Data published by GMAC shows average GMAT scores to be around 550 or something. ....

Coming to your question, I was not in the same boat as you are and therefore, I'm not the best person to guide you. But I'd encourage you to go through ..............., try out the GC tests and GC math book and participate a lot on the quant forum - all this will definitely help you increase your score.

good luck

Thanks a bunch jumsum... all of the suggested reads were immensely helpful. I guess there is no sure-shot solution. It does have to be customized to the individual's abilities and understanding. I have ordered for the MGMAT Advanced Quant.. as also a couple of individual concepts books that I feel will help me with the concepts i need brushing on. I've been solving a lot of Quant problems posted in the 700 level thread in GC.. and will also plan to take up the GC tests.

All in all, hopefully I'll have one more entry to make into the success stories!

Cheers,
Re: GMAT Exam in 2 months...please help me decide on the books!   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2013, 02:12