Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT exam (less 2 months)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 14:52
Hi everybody, I'm a new member of this fantastic forum (and world!). I'm 23 years old and I'm Italian.

I'll try to be rapid. Now I'm going to Oxford to do an english course to put a "turbo" for the verbal part.
I've to do the gmat exam in the first week of march, but I think I'll can do it later, it's important that I'll have the result before the 23 of march to be sure!
So, I have approximately one months and half!

I'd like to receive some advices from the experts, mainly about the following points:

1) What kind of study plane I should follow? I know it depends from where I'm starting, so, I've just done the quantitative part of the Official Guide 13th ed., and few exercises of the verbal (Critical Reasoning, that seem to me no so impossible until now). From now, I want continue more systematically.

2) What do you think about this course of english? I'm sure I'll improve my english and it will help me specially in the verbal (I am afraid for the Reading comprehension ); but I will have less time to prepare gmat! I will have lessons every mornings(monday-friday) and every afternoons until 4 pm except tuesday and friday. Saturday and Sunday free.

About books, I have got OG, Manhattan's and Cracking the Gmat :)

Is it a good idea follow a one-monthly plan, and then do what? I can't waste my time so I'd like to optimize it better!

Thank you to all, I continue to follow you in the math section for the moment!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2014, 21:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
templeballs wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm a new member of this fantastic forum (and world!). I'm 23 years old and I'm Italian.

I'll try to be rapid. Now I'm going to Oxford to do an english course to put a "turbo" for the verbal part.
I've to do the gmat exam in the first week of march, but I think I'll can do it later, it's important that I'll have the result before the 23 of march to be sure!

I'd like to receive some advices from the experts, mainly about the following points:

1) What kind of study plane I should follow? I know it depends from where I'm starting, so, I've just done the quantitative part of the Official Guide 13th ed., and few exercises of the verbal (Critical Reasoning, that seem to me no so impossible until now). From now, I want continue more systematically.

2) What do you think about this course of english? I'm sure I'll improve my english and it will help me specially in the verbal (I am afraid for the Reading comprehension ); but I will have less time to prepare gmat! I will have lessons every mornings(monday-friday) and every afternoons until 4 pm except tuesday and friday. Saturday and Sunday free.

Is it a good idea follow a one-monthly plan, and then do what? I can't waste my time so I'd like to optimize it better!

Welcome aboard -- best of luck on your journey. I'm going to share four links with you -- the first two focus on the best resources available for prepping for GMAT. The second two focus on your #1 question above -- how to develop an effective study plan that works for you!

http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/03/ ... study-list
http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/07/22/the-“best-of-beat-the-gmat-manhattangmat”-resources-for-those-just-starting-out

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-2/

These are all classic links from my wonderful friend Stacey Koprince -- and I think you'll find them helpful.

Take a look -- and drop me a note back with some thoughts/comments/questions.

Best,

Brian

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 23:57
templeballs wrote:

What score are you looking to get? Your prep time would depend on your target score and the amount of work you need to do to get there. Some people score a 750 with prep of a few weeks while others take more time to score a 700.

Paras.

If you found my post helpful give KUDOS!!! Everytime you thank me but don't give Kudos, an Angel dies!

My GMAT Debrief:

I am now providing personalized one to one GMAT coaching over Skype at a nominal fee. Hurry up to get an early bird discount! Send me an IM to know more.

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 11:58
@soods26 I'd like to score a 700 and yes I know there are a lot of variables.
I could spend in studying 2,5 or 3 hours on monday, wens-day and thursday ; 4 hours on tuesday and friday and on weekend i'm totally free so i can work more time.

@ brianlange77 Thank you brian, I'm going to explore you links and I'll write here possible comments!

Ehm talking about strategies connected with the gmat's structure, are there any conveniences to focalize the attention on a part rather the another?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 12:06
Hi everybody, in a month i'll take the exam, i need, let's say, a score around 650. I'm not sure of myself because i'm not so good at the verbal part especially.

Do you suggest me to concentrate my study only in the quantitative question under 700 level? Is there a plan to concentrate my energy to obtain 650 in one month?
thanks dudes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 12:10
templeballs wrote:
Hi everybody, in a month i'll take the exam, i need, let's say, a score around 650. I'm not sure of myself because i'm not so good at the verbal part especially.

Do you suggest me to concentrate my study only in the quantitative question under 700 level? Is there a plan to concentrate my energy to obtain 650 in one month?
thanks dudes

I'd suggest that don't ignore either verbal or quant. Between verbal and quant, verbal is the deal breaker for most people. So If I were you I would work harder on verbal given it was a weak area unless I was really doing bad on quant. Also, consider postponing the exam if you feel you're not ready and you can afford it in terms of timing.

You could search for study plans on google or gmat club, I am sure you'll find a one month study plan.

Paras.

If you found my post helpful give KUDOS!!! Everytime you thank me but don't give Kudos, an Angel dies!

My GMAT Debrief:

I am now providing personalized one to one GMAT coaching over Skype at a nominal fee. Hurry up to get an early bird discount! Send me an IM to know more.

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 08:17
Expert's post
templeballs wrote:

thanks dudes

As you are now getting closer --- I might suggest checking out these two links.

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ew-part-2/

For me, it's less about studying questions of a certain difficulty level -- rather, what are the topics that are giving YOU the most problems. You'll never get to 700 if you are getting 400-500 level questions in geometry wrong, right? Focus on establishing as strong of a foundation as you can across the breadth of the exam. This includes both quant AND verbal.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

-Brian

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 03:13
Thank you guys. I'd want to talk about the tests i can do in this month. I'm going to register in the official site, so i'll can download 2 tests, right?
What are the best time to do them? Today the first, and the second?

Are there other resources, site or similar, from where i can take other tests?
Expert Post

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 11:49
Expert's post
templeballs wrote:
Thank you guys. I'd want to talk about the tests i can do in this month. I'm going to register in the official site, so i'll can download 2 tests, right?
What are the best time to do them? Today the first, and the second?

Are there other resources, site or similar, from where i can take other tests?

Yes, you can get two exams from mba.com. After that, I think you are likely going to have to move into the 'pay-for-test' market.

Have you decided with certainty when you are going to take the 'actual' test? If so, that should help inform your study plan going forward.

Hope this helps!

-Brian

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2014, 02:15
Yes, I'll take it on 12th of march! (I hope I'll can receive the score no later than 27th.)
I've finished the OG for the math part and i'm continuing to study on this forum; what do you think? Should I studying here or is it better I study on manhattan books and crack gmat? (I already have that books).

Thank you for the help
Expert Post

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 17:34
Expert's post
templeballs wrote:
Yes, I'll take it on 12th of march! (I hope I'll can receive the score no later than 27th.)
I've finished the OG for the math part and i'm continuing to study on this forum; what do you think? Should I studying here or is it better I study on manhattan books and crack gmat? (I already have that books).

Thank you for the help

So... how did it go? Did you take the test on the 12th? Hope it went well.
Best,
Brian

Re: GMAT exam (less 2 months)   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2014, 17:34