Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT experience!! 630 and dissapointed..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
GMAT experience!! 630 and dissapointed.. [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 11:41
I gave my gmat about 2 weeks back ... and scored a 630. q 47 v29 awa 4.5 ir 5 . it was very frustrating as well as dissapointing to see that score pop up after my gmat exam. i had prepared for about 5 months. although my quant score is not that great , my verbal is score is poor. i dont know what to do, it's been two weeks avoiding the fact that i scored low in gmat, from past two weeks i have not studied anything. i am afraid to do so , feeling that i will fail if i do so,it seems impossible to do improve my verbal score.

I need to improve my verbal score. my reading comprehension is poor. i have just an accuracy of about 50 % in rc. somebody please suggest ways to improve my rc.
but i dont feel like studying for now. i want to wait for some time then start afresh.

But i am not the one who gives up, i will start studying again. no matter what happens will fulfil my dream go to to my dream school.

please suggest ways to improve my verbal score. so that i can get to my target score 750.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT experience!! 630 and dissapointed.. [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 08:10
Expert's post
apschhokar wrote:
I gave my gmat about 2 weeks back ... and scored a 630. q 47 v29 awa 4.5 ir 5 . it was very frustrating as well as dissapointing to see that score pop up after my gmat exam. i had prepared for about 5 months. although my quant score is not that great , my verbal is score is poor. i dont know what to do, it's been two weeks avoiding the fact that i scored low in gmat, from past two weeks i have not studied anything. i am afraid to do so , feeling that i will fail if i do so,it seems impossible to do improve my verbal score.

I need to improve my verbal score. my reading comprehension is poor. i have just an accuracy of about 50 % in rc. somebody please suggest ways to improve my rc.
but i dont feel like studying for now. i want to wait for some time then start afresh.

But i am not the one who gives up, i will start studying again. no matter what happens will fulfil my dream go to to my dream school.

please suggest ways to improve my verbal score. so that i can get to my target score 750.

Hi apschhokar,

Sorry to hear that. Reading comprehension is a lifelong skill and yes, there are ways to improve - but it will require dedication and commitment.

To start you off, please take a look at the RC technique here: http://www.gmatpill.com/practicequestio ... tions.html

How does it compare with the way you are currently reading?

With RC - timing is important. And if you read every single word - you will run out of time. The key is to know when to really pay attention, and when you can quickly glance to the next keyword.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: GMAT experience!! 630 and dissapointed..   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2013, 08:10