Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 01:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: R1:Cornell, Yale, NYU. R2: Haas, MIT, Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 07:49
I believe this topic has been covered before and there were mixed reviews. Was wondering if anyone has found the new tests from mba.com any good? How would you compare this to the club challenges? I have done about 14 challenges to date and I do find that I am not scoring as well as I should be , so in order to get some additional practice with the quant questions , I was thinking about buying the GMAT FOCUS tests. Any recommendations?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: MIT
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 08:26
If you don't mind getting hosed on the price of them, I think the GMAT Focus test are pretty good. I think the big advantage is that they probably have a more-updated scoring algorithm, so you get a get idea of where you're actually scoring for quant. And it seemed to me that the types of questions were more recent (harder than OG, if you're scoring at a hight quant level).

But if I had only $80 to spend, I'd probably buy the GMAT Club tests - you'll get 25 very good tests (with ~37 questions each) instead of 3 tests (with 24 questions each).
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 20:35
Yes, I'd do the same. If you have money or you do not mind spending some extra bucks then go for MBA.com tests. The exact cost to output ratio is hard to measure. But you will get questions very similar to test and the score will be more accurate. GMATclub challenges are also very good and tough. I think it will help to build your stamina to face harder questions in real GMAT test. Unfortunately the GMAT focus only provide 3 tests (correct me if I m wrong), 24 questions each. You can also try their old retired paper tests.

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 14:32
ventivish wrote:
I believe this topic has been covered before and there were mixed reviews. Was wondering if anyone has found the new tests from mba.com any good? How would you compare this to the club challenges? I have done about 14 challenges to date and I do find that I am not scoring as well as I should be , so in order to get some additional practice with the quant questions , I was thinking about buying the GMAT FOCUS tests. Any recommendations?

hii ventivish,

I find it a little awkward to see your question, 'how do you compare gmat focus to gmat club challenges' ? Because you can compare gmatclub questions to gmat focus and not the other way (Gmat focus questions are retired questions from GMAC). Also gmat focus is not for extra practice but just to get a more reliable measure to assess where you stand. So anyone looking for extra practice should go for GMAT club challenges. (over 1000 questions )

regarding Gmatfocus , today i gave gmatfocus and my score prediction was 48-51 with 80% confidence. I found the questions a pretty similar to gmatprep questions, may be a touch harder. i got 22 correct out of 24. There were lots of DS questions and I got no geometry questions which really made no sense to me. So overall I am not very impressed with gmatfocus because i do not find it accurate predictor of my score. The test did had some real tough questions but no questions from geometry and few if any from inequality. I mainly struggle with these two topics and stupidly the test did not test me on these two.
Re: GMAT FOCUS Diagnostic Tests   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2011, 14:32