Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 03:35
Hi there,

I'm scheduled to take the test in 5 days, I was planning to take a couple of MGMAT CAT before the test but I can't get a copy of a book since I live abroad and the 49USD seems quite steep.

I have already used the Gmat Prep 2 (not the 1) as well as the MGMAT CAT1 (which I didn't like much btw)
I now have the choice between trying the GMAT focus for 30 bucks or buying the MGMAT CATs for 50$
What do you think is best?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 473 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 08:08
Expert's post
With only five days left, I would probably choose neither. Multiple CATs right before the actual test can result in burnout, which will adversely affect your performance on the GMAT. And you're correct about Manhattan in this case: the price is simply too high. The practice tests are not worth that much. You also mentioned some dissatisfaction with one of Manhattan's CATs anyway. Rely on the (free) unused GMATPrep material instead.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 00:07
Makes sense, thanks for your advice
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 137

Re: Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 08:25
duriangris wrote:
Hi there,

I'm scheduled to take the test in 5 days, I was planning to take a couple of MGMAT CAT before the test but I can't get a copy of a book since I live abroad and the 49USD seems quite steep.

The MGMAT Cats come with a book? Do they also show explanations of the questions missed on the CATs? I am thinking about purchasing it, I have two months before the exam.

If my post has contributed to your learning or teaching in any way, feel free to hit the kudos button ^_^

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 10:49
DelSingh wrote:
duriangris wrote:
Hi there,

The MGMAT Cats come with a book? Do they also show explanations of the questions missed on the CATs? I am thinking about purchasing it, I have two months before the exam.

Yes, you can purchase one MGMAT guide and get six CATs. The MGMAT CATs have great diagnostics and some pretty good explanations. You can also find explanations to those questions on GMATClub or on MGMAT's blog.
Re: Gmat focus vs. MGMAT Cat   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2012, 10:49