Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT game plan from here?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 29

GMAT game plan from here? [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 02:33
Morning,

I've just tried diagnosis test in OG 13 and overall I came out with:

Problem Solving - Average
Data Sufficiency - Average
Sentence Correction - Average
Critical Reasoning - Above average
Reading Comprehension - Average

In SC & RC these were towards my scores were at the "higher" end of "Average", but not enough to make "Above Average".

CS - score was "lower end" of "Average".

Quants / DS - the scores were at the "lower end" of "Average".

I know that these are only a guide, but am wondering what test-taking strategy to "up my game".

I have previously found that focusing on one area e.g. CR for a certain period of time improves, though when practicing other question types, the benefit of continuous answering of question diminishes. Especially since the test format alternates between RC, CR and SC for verbal and PS & DS for quants.

Also is answering "volume" of questions better or focusing on weak areas and getting them right?

I'm aiming at 680-700ish and am willing to put in hard yards.

What "game plan" would you recommend?

Many thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT game plan from here? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 06:03
Expert's post
At GMATPill, we recommend mastering each section at a time. Each section has its nuances and once you master it, it stays in your memory for some time. You can then go onto other question types - master one at a time and review the first section from time to time. This will help reinforce what you learned.

Answering a "volume" of questions should really only happen after you've done mastering the fundamentals. Here, you can choose questions randomly from any source, try to sprint through them, apply frameworks and other concepts you've learned to the "volume" of questions and you'll see a noticeable difference.

Simply answering a volume of questions can help you get familiar with the question and question format, but not necessarily your accuracy. You might find yourself hitting a ceiling.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: GMAT game plan from here?   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2012, 06:03