1. The GMAT score for quant and verbal is available immediately after the test but the AWA and IR scores take 20 days. My question is that when colleges talk about deadlines for GMAT scores are they talking about all of these (ie. after my GMAT will I be able to send my score to colleges only after 20 days? or will submission of quant and verbal scores be good enough for the deadline and I can send the AWA and IR scores even past the deadline?)
As long as you send the scores to the schools you are applying to by the deadline, then they will receive all the information they need. The test administrators will send all parts of your scores, so you do not need to send the scores twice.
2. Most colleges have their deadlines in the first/second week of Jan 13. This means I have time to give my gmat just once. Should I give GRE also in case my first Gmat doesn't go well?(asking bout gre coz the 2nd gmat attempt is allowed only 31 days after the 1st).
Here's what I would do:
1. Take the GMAT and see what your score is. Decide if you want to send in the GRE score or not (is your GMAT score "better" than your GRE score?)
2. Determine which schools you are applying to accept both the GMAT and the GRE. Some schools only accept the GMAT or accept only 1 type of score
3. Send your GMAT and/or GRE scores to your schools.
aerienWhy Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings