Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 11:24
Well, after celebrating receiving my score of 650 just about 2 weeks ago, I have now been informed my PearsonVue that my Score is unreportable! :x :x :| :|

I took the exam two weeks ago and everything went great. While waited to receive my score verification in the following days I checked online, and next to my appointment it stated "Error - Scores Not Reportable". I intitally thought this was a very scary issue and called their customer support line... only to be told "don't worry, it just means your test (AWA) has not been graded as of yet. After waiting another few days I called back again this morning. After sitting on hold for about 20 minutes, I was told that my score was non-reportable and I would need to take the exam AGAIN!! I immediately asked to speak to a manager, and was put through to their Coordinator. I asked him how exactly a score is unreportable, and he advised it was because the score was never transferred to their server!!

I was quite upset, and asked him what we can do about this... his rather simple response was "nothing - just retake it". I asked him if the original terminal would still have record of my score, to which he responded - it only keeps the score for one week. Then why wouldn't they contact me within that week period!!! He said they did an investigation on this issue, and the outcome was that the score was never received - well that's a great conclusion to draw... but WHY!?

Anyhow, I've contacted my local test-centre, and they are also currently looking into the issue. Looks like most likely I'll have to retake my test, and miss more time from work again.

The worst part of this is, I need to have all my application information in to my schools within the next 4 days! :| This could cost me a full year :(

I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated! The thing that bothers me is just how casual they seem to be taking this. I still don't have a valid reason why the score was never received, and never got a response to why I was not contacted immediately upon this issue occuring.

Any suggestions, I'm devastated right now :(
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 11:47
wow horrible story. What about the unofficial printout? That means nothing? Well on the bright side, maybe you will get a higher score.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 11:50
terp26 wrote:
wow horrible story. What about the unofficial printout? That means nothing? Well on the bright side, maybe you will get a higher score.

The unofficial print-out was never given to me. The test centre told me they couldn't print it off, and thus they would email it to me.... and I never received it.

I doubt I'll do better, I'm so upset right now :|
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:20
Odd that they can produce the score, 650, but can't print it. I think you have a legitimate gripe and should take appropriate steps.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:36
kidderek wrote:
Odd that they can produce the score, 650, but can't print it. I think you have a legitimate gripe and should take appropriate steps.

I've spoken with almost everyone now, including the senior manager for Pearson Vue. Somehow, the score is "simply lost in transmission" and is no longer recoverable. They advised me that if they would have caught it within 7 days it may have been recoverable.... but no longer is.

Lucky for me they're going to pay for me to take it again.... great.... exactly what I needed. :roll:

Completely unprofessional! and now it may cost me a full year of time!
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:57
Having unreportable scores and not giving a printout of your unconfirmed score? If possible, I highly recommend that you request to take the test at a different center next time!

I would imagine that the adcoms at your target schools might go easy on you in terms of the submission deadline if you were to relay your experience to them.

Best of luck.

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 13:06
rca215 wrote:
Having unreportable scores and not giving a printout of your unconfirmed score? If possible, I highly recommend that you request to take the test at a different center next time!

I would imagine that the adcoms at your target schools might go easy on you in terms of the submission deadline if you were to relay your experience to them.

Best of luck.

I just found out today that the company who provides the test centre in Calgary quit. They will no longer be administering the GMAT, and now I have to drive 3+ hours to take it in another city....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: R1:Cornell, Yale, NYU. R2: Haas, MIT, Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 20:34
Hey Liquid, that is really bad news. I am in Edmonton and planning to take my gmat in May. I guess u have to drive up to deadmonton then! well everything happens for a reason, good luck i am sure u will do well. hang in there and weather the storm!focus on ur applications and do the gmat later, is it not possible to report your scores at a later date?
Watever happens good luck!!!
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 04:59
Liquid wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Best of luck.

I just found out today that the company who provides the test centre in Calgary quit. They will no longer be administering the GMAT, and now I have to drive 3+ hours to take it in another city....

That's rough. Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise.

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2008, 16:40
Wow, this is incredible. How can that be?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2008, 16:59
That is a crazy event. I really wish you the best, and hopefully you will score higher!
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2008, 05:33
Yet another reason for schools to allow both GRE and GMAT scores. Hooray Stanford!
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2008, 06:36
Absolutely absurd. All that stress and waiting...ugh! Look, maybe the next time you take it, you will feel even more prepared and score even higher. I'm trying to look for a bright spot here. Also, are you certain about the GMAT deadlines for your schools? As I recall, most of the ones I applied to accepted GMAT scores well AFTER the actual application deadline, at least by a couple of weeks. Check that out.

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores.... [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 07:17
this is a great post thanks
Re: GMAT - Horror Story - Unreportable Scores....   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2012, 07:17