Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 03:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 01:59
Hi everybody, I have been preparing for GMAT for last 2 months.At the beginning of my study I gave the GMATPrep 1 Test to evaluate my level and got 580.Then i started preparing and enrolled for the MGMAT Tests.My scores are as follows-
08/08/09 MGMAT 1 610
13/08/09 MGMAT 2 630
17/08/09 MGMAT 3 570
23/08/09 MGMAT 4 620
27/08/09 MGMAT 5 640
31/08/09 MGMAT 6 650
08/09/09 MGMAT 1(Retake) 670(Q-46,V-35)(got total 3-4 questions common from previous tests)
I am appearing for GMAT on 19th September and looking for a score of at least 680.
I decided to give the GMAT Prep 2 to check my current level.But was surprised when I saw the results.
12/09/09 GMAT Prep 2 580(Q-44, V-26)
Most of the other tests I got Q-47+.I got 10 SC questions wrong inspite of getting 70%-80% correct in other tests(MGMAT).

I think that may be I will postpone the dates by another month.I am confused.Please suggest.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 03:32
Please tell me what would be wise to do in this sitaution?
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 387 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 04:52
Hello Saggy,

Looks like you know what's creating this inconsistency in your scores: your verbal.

Is there a specific topic in verbal that's dragging you down? What have you done to prep for the verbal section?

You have 7 days from today to change your test, which means you might miss out and lose the $250 (I don't know when the clock in the GMAC system ticks over that you're too late to reschedule). If that's the case, I say sit for the exam and don't lose your money.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 06:03
Thanx for suggestion.True, I am loosing out in Verbal especially SC(got 10 incorrect in GMAT Prep 2!!). But when analysed the paper I realised that most of the errors were due to lack of concentration;silly mistakes!! at least 5-6 of them and another 5 in Quants.

My Verbal preparation:
1) completed OG11 twice for SC along with Manhattan SC book.
2) SC practise 1000sc around 200 of them.
3) RC from LSAT Papers.
4) Manhattan CR(whole book) and Powerscore CR Book(few chapters)
5) CR practise from 800 score and OG11(full)
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 387 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 07:00
That could be sufficient given your need. Have you figured out which problems other than SC you are having trouble with (RC, CR, etc.)?

Is there a specific concept in SC (tense, pronoun, number agreement, idioms, etc)?

If it's your nerves that are getting the best of you, then you need to control them and focus on the test. Some tips people post:
Stay hydrated
Wear comfortable clothing
Eat lightly

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: GMAT in 1 week!!Suggestion needed urgently   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2009, 07:00