Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UPDATE: GMAT 660 (Q47 V35) GMAT in 2 days.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

UPDATE: GMAT 660 (Q47 V35) GMAT in 2 days. [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 06:18
Right guys.

Don't post much, but this forum has been an invaluable resource for me. I've trawled through most of the SC topics and questions.

Been at it on and off for the past 4 months. After completing both of the GMATprep tests, I decided to purchase the Manhattan CATs.

GMATprep:
Test 1: 710
Test 2: 640 (Not ideal conditions)

Manhattan:
CAT I: 670 (Q46 V35) (Free Test)
CAT II: 680 (Q44 V38)
CAT III: 690 (Q45 V38)
CAT IV: 740 (Q47 V45)

Don't know what to make of the variations in score, and the last score of 740.

Have a couple of Manhattan CATs left. I find the Quant section particularly challenging, and seems to have helped quite a bit. Confused between going for the last 2 for the next 2 days, or resetting the GMATprep software.

What do you guys reckon?!

I've got them butterflies doing barrel rolls and dives in my tummy! :P

Last edited by ahmadrulz on 21 May 2012, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 605 [0], given: 114

Re: GMAT in 2 days. [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 07:05
Well i'm not sure what your goal is, but your 740 on the last MGMAT CAT is quite encouraging. It might be worth while not taking anymore actual practice tests. A 740 doesn't just happen by mistake (unless you saw repeat questions). At this point, reinforcing topics you know, and going over your error log, or missed questions in CAT's along with questions you got right, can help you reinforce all those topics. If your goal is a 700+, and you are in that range from your practice tests, then you don't want to burn yourself out on the last 2 days, or have a poor showing on a CAT and crush your confidence. You should have VERY high confidence after a 740 CAT. Plus, MGMAT quant is considered slightly harder than the real GMAT, so it makes sense that you would be feeling that way. Keep your head up, don't burn yourself out, work some practice problems, review concepts, and keep yourself fresh for your test. On the last day before your test, definitely don't take a practice test, and don't burn yourself out.

Good luck! We look forward to your debrief

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT in 2 days. [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 08:19
Ah. Some very useful words there.

I am concerned about doing tests till the last day. I've got the Manhattan flash cards set. Id say revising problems and clearing out confusions from the past couple of tests should be just fine.

I see your point when you say another cat, and a lower score won't be ideal at this stage.

When I started out, I had 700 in mind. As of now, I'd be satisfied with a 700. Not doing any tests tomorrow and day after. Contemplating that.

How was your experience with the days leading up to your GMAT?
Intern
Intern

Re: UPDATE: GMAT 660 (Q47 V35) GMAT in 2 days. [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 23:18
Right.

As the updated topic states, I hit a 660, Q47, V35. An overall percentile of 81%.

Bitterly disappointed. The last Manhattan CAT had me pretty pumped and confident of a reasonable score. (At least a 700).

But now that I look back at it, my last CAT Verbal score was a bit of an outlier. 35 fits in with my performance over the rest of the tests.

After a few hours of dejection and disappointment, I've been on the GMAT Retake strategies section since morning. I'm determined to nail this. And I understand verbal CAN be increased, with smart and effective studying. What I'm concerned about though, is that I've nearly run out of material to practice with. I've completed the 10th and 12th edition of the OG. Did 4 Manhattan CATs. And did the 2 GMATPrep tests as well. While I do understand the tests can be reset, I'm wondering where I'm going to get the practice material from?
Re: UPDATE: GMAT 660 (Q47 V35) GMAT in 2 days.   [#permalink] 21 May 2012, 23:18