Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 02:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT in 2 Weeks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT in 2 Weeks [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2005, 17:00
Hi Everybody,

I am scheduled to take the GMAT on DEC 22, 2005. I am pretty close to finishing the KAPLAN online course and my practice test have been steadily improving, with the exception of a 530 I scored after a particular rough day at work. My scores are:

My strength is definitely verbal. I have read that B-schools tend to emphasize quant. Is there anything else in my application that can off set a lower quant score?

Target School: Wake Forest - Median Score 630
2nd Choice: Florida (Warrington) - Median Score 660

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2005, 18:41
Have you only taken Kaplan tests? They're not the best indicators of how you'll really do, because they're a lot harder than the GMAT. Take the official Powerprep tests (download them free from http://www.mba.com) and the Princeton Review tests (there's a free one on http://www.review.com, but to get more buy Cracking the GMAT with the CD). They are much better indicators.

Have you been doing practice questions with the Official Guide? It may be a bit late to start, but given your current Kaplan scores, you should probably hit your target on test day, so if you haven't done the OG, it won't kill you not to.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Thanks Nickelback [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2005, 04:10
I appreciate your response. I just found this site yesterday; I wish I had found it two months ago. With two weeks to go, I don't know if buying the OG is the best thing to do at this point. My plan from now until the 22nd is to continue with the KAPLAN CAT tests and supplemental material as well as the Powerprep Tests, which I have already downloaded. Thanks again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2005, 06:22
If you have the OG, you can try to work on the quant from the last questions. At least I think in the 10th edition, the harder questions are from the back. Not sure if this is the case for the 11th edition.

See if you can get a copy from the library.

Cheers,
tk
  [#permalink] 07 Dec 2005, 06:22