Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

gmat in 4 days - any advice?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

gmat in 4 days - any advice? [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 02:18
hey, i m taking my gmat on saturday n really could do w/ some good advice right now -

i have taken 3 out of 4 kaplan CAT's n didn't really get what i was expecting. i am going for a score around 740 in the real exam, but my performance on the practice tests dosen't make it look reasonable. i ended up with a 600, 620, and a 670 on the Kaplan tests - n now i m really concerned whether i shd move my test date.

also, what is a good way to prepare in the coming 4 days? i consistently scored a 47, 50, 50 on the quant sections on kaplan tests but my verbal scores were not really the same thing.

what other practice tests do u recommend and any advice on pacing for verbal section?

thanks a ton!

-gmatFun
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 02:46
Your Kaplan scores are good enough. Mine were 620, 630, 650 and I ended up with 750 on the real thing. Download the GmatPrep tests from
http://www.mba.com to get more precise evaluation of you readiness.
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 08:43
Gmatfun - First of all I agree with deowl that your kap scores are good enough. I got 570, 600, 700 (still think that one was a fluke) and I got a 740 on the real thing. I guess I don't need to post the link (deowl was good enough to do that) but you absolutely must take the GMATPrep tests. This is not optional! Kaplan verbal is quite different than the real thing (I don't think its represantative at all) and while the quant is pretty good, GMATPrep quant is much better - after all its made by Pearson. GMATPrep will give you the most accurate estimate of your potential score and it is exactly like the same thing. I think you will notice many more number properties and inequalities and a lot less algebra on GMATPrep compared to Kaplan. Also, you will notice that the Verbal is very different. Of course, with your kap scores you should be fine. Good Luck!
  [#permalink] 18 Jul 2006, 08:43