Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 03:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 05:21
worldofecofin wrote:
I checked the link again. It said updated in Sept 2012. But that's recent enough for me to consider. Thanks for pointing out.

Yes, I'll do one section at a time. Verbal first.

Also, what do you suggest for Quant? You seem to be good at it, isn't it?


Try out gmatquantum for quant best explanations in my opinion you can learn so much from the free video solutions on that website.

The free resources include GMAT paper test solution, OG 10 - 13, Quant review etc if you sign up for his course, you get 15 hours of self tutoring and lots of other good stuff. Though, I haven't signed up for his course my judgement is purely based on the quality of the video solutions. He has started a 10 dollar promo recently so you can access the vids for 10 days as a trial period.

http://gmatquantum.com/
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 07:32
worldofecofin wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:
I checked the link again. It said updated in Sept 2012. But that's recent enough for me to consider. Thanks for pointing out.

Yes, I'll do one section at a time. Verbal first.

Also, what do you suggest for Quant? You seem to be good at it, isn't it?


For quant, brush up your basics from gmat-math-book-87417.html.
And then practice, practice..and practice...

Once you reach at 45..then use Gmat club tests.

Now, how to reach 50 from 45 refer this:

the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html


Thanks!

How do you compare the GMAT math book as against the 5 MGMAT quant books? Both contain only concepts right? Any difference between the two?


I didn't used MGMAT Quant. As i have math's note from one of my friend, who scored 740. But, yes i do refer GMAT Math book to revise as they are very much gmat focused (not so many rules to learn). And , when you do GC test, you can get all the concepts and clarification from GMAT Math book. NOTE: GC test contains toughest questions of GMAT.
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 09:40
How much can one learn from the GC tests? I mean do they cover a variety of problems and concepts along with the right methodology discussed through the solutions? I understand that they have 1200+ questions and 2 tests are free. How many questions are included in those 2 tests? Also, how different is the remaining 4 tests from the first two?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 09:45
nelz007 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:
I checked the link again. It said updated in Sept 2012. But that's recent enough for me to consider. Thanks for pointing out.

Yes, I'll do one section at a time. Verbal first.

Also, what do you suggest for Quant? You seem to be good at it, isn't it?


Try out gmatquantum for quant best explanations in my opinion you can learn so much from the free video solutions on that website.

The free resources include GMAT paper test solution, OG 10 - 13, Quant review etc if you sign up for his course, you get 15 hours of self tutoring and lots of other good stuff. Though, I haven't signed up for his course my judgement is purely based on the quality of the video solutions. He has started a 10 dollar promo recently so you can access the vids for 10 days as a trial period.

http://gmatquantum.com/



You have both GMAT Quantum as well as GMAT Pill in your signature. Which do you think is better?

Also, how good is each Pill (PS, DS, SC, CR, RC, IR) of the GMAT Pill?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 09:57
worldofecofin wrote:
How much can one learn from the GC tests? I mean do they cover a variety of problems and concepts along with the right methodology discussed through the solutions? I understand that they have 1200+ questions and 2 tests are free. How many questions are included in those 2 tests? Also, how different is the remaining 4 tests from the first two?


Yes. GC tests cover all and most of the solutions/explanations provided by GC is not more than 3 steps/lines.
So, if you master GC tests (Quant specifically), you have higher chances to get atleast 48 in Quant.
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 10:14
greatps24 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:
How much can one learn from the GC tests? I mean do they cover a variety of problems and concepts along with the right methodology discussed through the solutions? I understand that they have 1200+ questions and 2 tests are free. How many questions are included in those 2 tests? Also, how different is the remaining 4 tests from the first two?


Yes. GC tests cover all and most of the solutions/explanations provided by GC is not more than 3 steps/lines.
So, if you master GC tests (Quant specifically), you have higher chances to get atleast 48 in Quant.


Cool. I'll consider that once I'm done with basics and I'm hitting 45 at least.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 19:30
worldofecofin wrote:

You have both GMAT Quantum as well as GMAT Pill in your signature. Which do you think is better?

Also, how good is each Pill (PS, DS, SC, CR, RC, IR) of the GMAT Pill?



I'm pretty good at quant so started of with verbal, the quant pill seem good (haven't done much of the PS,DS, IR pill so I can't really comment on them) though its good enough to get a score of 46-49 but if your looking for 50-51 I think quantum would be better its very detailed (15 hours of video solution, has video solution to entire gmat prep pack 1, gmatfocus test, 700 questions from gmat prep, 1 year access). Here's an amazing feature of gmatpill its lifetime membership (you never lose access to the course) / lifetime support and you get all the upgrades free of cost. At first, I thought these upgrades happened every 6 months or something, but I was wrong they upgrade very frequently, 2 upgrades were released last month one for SC and 4 quant vids (the permutation combination video is really good very detailed, my trouble area in quant)

Verbal pill is awesome, Its very simple to understand and very good attack strategies. The gmat pill is all about thought process, helps you think effectively and efficiently through a problem.

How do you know if you classify for this course? The answer is here - remember whatever course you pick must suit your study style if it doesn't don't bother with the course.

http://www.gmatpill.com/amember/course_details.php

The entire practice pill will have video solutions pretty soon ( 800 questions with video solution) and they are planning to release more quant upgrades, the android app of gmat pill it already has an ipad version ( I think its the only online course that has the entire course on ipad, though I might be wrong), CAT's. so you can study on the go and pretty much have the gmat pill anywhere you go, another important feature for me.

I could provide links of samples if your interested in the course.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 14:22
nelz007 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:

You have both GMAT Quantum as well as GMAT Pill in your signature. Which do you think is better?

Also, how good is each Pill (PS, DS, SC, CR, RC, IR) of the GMAT Pill?



I'm pretty good at quant so started of with verbal, the quant pill seem good (haven't done much of the PS,DS, IR pill so I can't really comment on them) though its good enough to get a score of 46-49 but if your looking for 50-51 I think quantum would be better its very detailed (15 hours of video solution, has video solution to entire gmat prep pack 1, gmatfocus test, 700 questions from gmat prep, 1 year access). Here's an amazing feature of gmatpill its lifetime membership (you never lose access to the course) / lifetime support and you get all the upgrades free of cost. At first, I thought these upgrades happened every 6 months or something, but I was wrong they upgrade very frequently, 2 upgrades were released last month one for SC and 4 quant vids (the permutation combination video is really good very detailed, my trouble area in quant)

Verbal pill is awesome, Its very simple to understand and very good attack strategies. The gmat pill is all about thought process, helps you think effectively and efficiently through a problem.

How do you know if you classify for this course? The answer is here - remember whatever course you pick must suit your study style if it doesn't don't bother with the course.

http://www.gmatpill.com/amember/course_details.php

The entire practice pill will have video solutions pretty soon ( 800 questions with video solution) and they are planning to release more quant upgrades, the android app of gmat pill it already has an ipad version ( I think its the only online course that has the entire course on ipad, though I might be wrong), CAT's. so you can study on the go and pretty much have the gmat pill anywhere you go, another important feature for me.

I could provide links of samples if your interested in the course.



I actually bought all their Pills :)
I went through SC basics and RC basics some time back. I found them good. Then I started reading books instead - MGMAT, CR bible and now I decided to make a tight schedule and do all pills one by one. Started off with CR. Got bored within 30 mins. I think the CR bible was much better.
I'm no wondering whether sticking to books is a better option. But, I'll end up wasting the the money spent on all the Pills then :(
Also, the time I'll be spending on going through each video is quite a bit. And you mentioned above that I'll still need to do a lot more to get a Q50/51. So doesn't it make sense just to stick to MGMAT and GC tests in Quant?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 19:23
worldofecofin wrote:


I actually bought all their Pills :)
I went through SC basics and RC basics some time back. I found them good. Then I started reading books instead - MGMAT, CR bible and now I decided to make a tight schedule and do all pills one by one. Started off with CR. Got bored within 30 mins. I think the CR bible was much better.
I'm no wondering whether sticking to books is a better option. But, I'll end up wasting the the money spent on all the Pills then :(
Also, the time I'll be spending on going through each video is quite a bit. And you mentioned above that I'll still need to do a lot more to get a Q50/51. So doesn't it make sense just to stick to MGMAT and GC tests in Quant?



Have you watched the new table top framework vids those are pretty good (247 mins I think) those vids are really good but if you like to study from books then watching vids won't help. I'm the other way around lol I prefer watching from vids. I think manhattan and GC tests should be enough don't study too many materials that will makes things worse in my opinion. check out dabral's free videos they have really good explanations.

The old saying "Too many Chefs spoil the broth" fits perfectly here.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 00:18
nelz007 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:


I actually bought all their Pills :)
I went through SC basics and RC basics some time back. I found them good. Then I started reading books instead - MGMAT, CR bible and now I decided to make a tight schedule and do all pills one by one. Started off with CR. Got bored within 30 mins. I think the CR bible was much better.
I'm no wondering whether sticking to books is a better option. But, I'll end up wasting the the money spent on all the Pills then :(
Also, the time I'll be spending on going through each video is quite a bit. And you mentioned above that I'll still need to do a lot more to get a Q50/51. So doesn't it make sense just to stick to MGMAT and GC tests in Quant?



Have you watched the new table top framework vids those are pretty good (247 mins I think) those vids are really good but if you like to study from books then watching vids won't help. I'm the other way around lol I prefer watching from vids. I think manhattan and GC tests should be enough don't study too many materials that will makes things worse in my opinion. check out dabral's free videos they have really good explanations.

The old saying "Too many Chefs spoil the broth" fits perfectly here.


How do you compare the CR pill to CR bible?

Also, your thoughts on MGMAT Quant + GC test vs quant pill?

I'm not asking about the other SC and RC, since I've already seen those and have an idea myself.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 07:18
worldofecofin wrote:

How do you compare the CR pill to CR bible?

Also, your thoughts on MGMAT Quant + GC test vs quant pill?

I'm not asking about the other SC and RC, since I've already seen those and have an idea myself.


I wouldn't be in a position to judge those materials but I would advise you to practice those questions within the pills.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 10:45
HI,

I have finished CR from Gmatprep question pack,OG12, OG Verbal 1& 2nd edition.
But, I need to practice more. Can anyone tell me good source of CR for practice? Is Lsat CR good and relevant? If yes, can you please let me know from where can i get the LSAT CR questions

BR
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 11:10
greatps24 wrote:
HI,

I have finished CR from Gmatprep question pack,OG12, OG Verbal 1& 2nd edition.
But, I need to practice more. Can anyone tell me good source of CR for practice? Is Lsat CR good and relevant? If yes, can you please let me know from where can i get the LSAT CR questions

BR


I've gone through the CR bible. I think its good. You should check that out. I've gone through half of CR questions from OG 13 and I feel I'm doing fine. I'd keep you updated on the statistics that I pull from the OG Archer once I complete this section. But, if you haven't checked out CR Bible, you should.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 11:13
nelz007 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:

How do you compare the CR pill to CR bible?

Also, your thoughts on MGMAT Quant + GC test vs quant pill?

I'm not asking about the other SC and RC, since I've already seen those and have an idea myself.


I wouldn't be in a position to judge those materials but I would advise you to practice those questions within the pills.


Practice which questions within the pill? I didn't quite get you.

I'm just looking for difference in methodology of Pill vs other sources. I found the SC and RC Pill to be good, though not overly brilliant. I just wanna go a quick preparation rather than use 1000 sources to study one thing. I wanna move to other important things in life post-GMAT, so earlier I'm done with it, the better.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 144
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 22:13
Hi mate can you please post the link for MGMAT cat tests.

Thanks in Advance,
Abhinav

worldofecofin wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
worldofecofin wrote:
How much can one learn from the GC tests? I mean do they cover a variety of problems and concepts along with the right methodology discussed through the solutions? I understand that they have 1200+ questions and 2 tests are free. How many questions are included in those 2 tests? Also, how different is the remaining 4 tests from the first two?


Yes. GC tests cover all and most of the solutions/explanations provided by GC is not more than 3 steps/lines.
So, if you master GC tests (Quant specifically), you have higher chances to get atleast 48 in Quant.


Cool. I'll consider that once I'm done with basics and I'm hitting 45 at least.

_________________

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 23:54
Here you go:

http://gmatclub.com/tests/?fl=menu
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 01:36
1
This post received
KUDOS
abhinav11 wrote:
Hi mate can you please post the link for MGMAT cat tests.

Thanks in Advance,
Abhinav



Hi Abhinav,

MGMAT has one test for free. You can sign up for the same here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat.cfm

However, they have 6 tests in total. 5 paid + 1 free (the link above points to the free test). If you purchase any book / ebook of MGMAT, you will receive access to all the 6 tests. If you are looking only for their tests, I'd advise you to go and purchase the cheapest possible ebook in order to access the tests. You will have to email them along with the purchase receipt.

In case you are planning to buy a hard copy of any one of their books, try the SC book. It's really good.

In case you are planning to buy the entire set of 10 books, you will still have access to the same 6 tests (5 paid + 1 free).

Hope that helps!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 04:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
I just completed OG 13 CR questions with 75% correct and an average time of 1 min 37 secs. How good / bad is that? Any veterans for some advise?
I'm going one section at a time and one question type under each section at a time. Plan to move to SC after this.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Insead Sept '16
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 04:50
Hi My GMAT is on 10th January and my latest score is Kaplan Test 600(Q - 97%ile and V-29%ile). I am presently working on Kaplan GMAT premier, Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide, Powerscore CR Bible, OG 13, OG Math Review and OG verbal Review. With the GMAT on 10th January and very few days left out would it be possible for me to improve my score to 700+ from 600. Can anyone sugget me some plan to make this possible. I have applied leave to my Office and i am trying to completely focus on the preperation until the D day.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 144
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 09:03
Hi guys,

I need suggestion from the veterans, I was planning to give my GMAT in SEPT 2012 but could not give due to job change, Now with almost all the deadlines over I am thinking of giving it on 20 JAN 2012 to at least give a shot for NUS and for some colleges R3 deadlines. But I am yet not confident that I will be able to score 700+ in this much time..

What do you all suggest shall I wait n postpone my gmat and take in March April with more confidence or give a try in JAN and then if I dont score in Jan give another go in March ..

Actually I wanted to do MBA this Sept only but job change made me wait :(
PLEASE suggest
_________________

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2012, 09:03
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAT Books: 2012 vs. 2013 Karateboy 4 28 Jan 2014, 20:06
Experts publish their posts in the topic what after GMAT in Dec 2013? vineetanand 1 11 Oct 2013, 23:55
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAT Jan 2013; Goal: 700+, ADVICE PLEASE! USAFA2011 2 03 Oct 2012, 12:51
5 HEC Paris Jan 2012 - Intake FergTron 11 06 Dec 2010, 19:28
The rain fall from Jan to Dec are recorded. The rainfall for karovd 5 24 Nov 2004, 07:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 92 posts ] 

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.