Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Induced Dilemma [#permalink]
I totally get where you are coming from. There is a bit of uncertainty around the whole scholarship thing. I'd say it is more feasible to approach it like this:
If you did not apply to a few schools because you felt your score was low and you feel you have a decent chance of progressing, give it another shot next year. If I were in your place, I would have kept scholarships out of the equation for the decision (for now at least) - we are talking about ultra-elite schools; pretty hard to get accepted, scholarships are a even harder to get!

Also, as others have pointed out already, you will definitely find areas to improve in other parts of your application. Further, do take a stalk of where you will be after a year's time in your career - will it be appropriate to leave for an MBA then ?

It looks like you might regret if you don't give a shot to higher ranked schools or decide to matriculate at Anderson. I'd listen to my heart. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
First of all, congrats on the Anderson admit! If I were you, I'd see if Anderson would offer up any scholarship $$ in light of your new test scores. Schools in the 10-16 are often impressed by 740+ scores and that's a big consideration for the merit award.

If I were in your position, I'd put down my deposit at Anderson and stay flexible on the Haas and Sloan WL to see if you get the call in June. Also - make sure that Sloan has officially added that 770 score to your application after you were WL'd. They're one of the few schools that use a weighted formula in assessing applicants (not sure if they use it when re-reviewing apps) and a 770 will set you apart from the rest of the WL pack.

Even if you end up at Anderson, that 770 was well worth the effort if you decide to recruit for an industry that wants to see your GMAT score on your resume. Regardless of where you go to school, having a 99%ile score is pretty impressive.
GMAT Club Bot