Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT IR Score Inquiry

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT IR Score Inquiry [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 11:16
I scored a 710 (49-Q, 39-V) on my second GMAT. I just got the score report back and scored a 5/6 (which is good enough) on the AWA and a 5/8 on the IR. I know the IR is a little on the low end. My first GMAT I scored a 640 (I didn't study as much or put the time that I needed to score a 700+), but my IR was a 7/8 (AWA 5/6...so no different). I plan to apply to some top 20 mba programs in another 3 or 4 years or so. I'm happy with a 710, and especially since both my verbal and quant sub-scores are greater than 80th-percentile. I work in consulting and do a ton of statistical/data analysis, so I do not believe a 5/8 on my IR really reflects my ability in those areas. Also, a 5/8 isn't necessarily "bombing" that section, it just isn't an elite score that correlates with the rest of my profile.

So my question is: is a 5/8 on my higher overall score GMAT a pause for concern? Considering that I received a 7/8 on my first GMAT (though the overall score was lower), my quant score was still strong, the IR is a relatively new section, and I work with data every single day. I'm open to any thoughts, feedback, and suggestions. I will say: I would highly prefer not to take the GMAT again....I'm super busy with work and the philanthropic organizations I volunteer with on my weekends. Thanks in advance for the help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT IR Score Inquiry   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2013, 11:16