Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 00:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT is like Golf

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT is like Golf [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 10:53
After a few swings ......golf is nothing but mental challenge and killer skills dont matter as much as straight hitting and steady thinking do..

i guess GMAT is like that ......got a 500 in my first and that do a daring, direct attempt without studying....even a single day ....(played like an overconfident golfer, who hits thinking about a beautiful day and hoping that the wind will guide it into the hole)

BUT....now i feel like jumping into this GMAT land and SCORE some more numbers ....and that too after 25 years of experience in job..COZ i liked the challenge

i am ready to take it ON....

will need some advise....coz i am 44yrs and out of touch with maths....i will give it only 30 days max due to my schedule

Too all those .....who know how to smash an exam.....right on the table.....

Lets do it...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 04-19-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT is like Golf [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 17:13
I scored a 540 or around there on my first diagnostic. Before my previous attempt, I was scoring 720's average. It is doable but give it time. How are you going to do this in one month; that would be pretty hard. I minored in math, love math, am pretty quick with calculations, was in college where the material was still fresh and it took me a solid 3 months to get as comfortable as I could ever be with the quant. If your dead set on this, I would make sure I know the fundamentals cold- this is vital. Then, I would do 1000 problems so you see basically every sort of variation. That strategy may now work for everyone but it really helps to drill.
Re: GMAT is like Golf   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2013, 17:13