Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 22:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 15:37
Hi everyone,

I'm new GMAT club so I wanted to post something about how nervous I am for the upcoming GMAT. June 1st is less than two weeks and as the days go by I feel even less prepared, which is strange since I've been studying since January. My study plan basically included doing all the problems with the GMAC math and verbal books, as well as the GMAT official guide book. I've taken the following exams:

GMATprep- 610 (this is the first GMAT exam I've ever taken, back in January)
Manhattan GMAT-average 640
Princeton Review-average 560
Mcgraw Hill-average 650
Kaplan-average 580
GMAT Powerprep-average 650
Platinum GMAT-620-40
Petersons-average 650

The reason I'm taking the GMAT is because I'm applying for MAcc programs in the fall: Northeastern MSA/MBA, Bentley, Boston College, UNC Chapel Hill, and Wake Forest. These schools normally have atleast 600 or above as their class average so my goal is to score atleast a 600, preferably a 640 or 650. I'm just wondering what my chances are based on my exam scores. I have no idea how to evaluate my performance really since the only one that I've heard is similar to the actual exam is GMATprep. I'd appreciate any advice/insight, and any useful tips for test day! Also, I know this is sort of far away, but if I do score atleast a 600 what are my chances at being admitted to any of these programs?

Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-08-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 21:29
Hi,

I am actually in the exact same boat as you. Test date June 1st and wanting to apply to Macc programs but not sure whether to delay the test a bit longer.

Have you taken gmat prep exam recently its the most accurate. If your ideal score is near what you want, I would take the test. As per your test scores they are very different. I found Mgmat exam very hard and there math to be harder than gmat prep exams, mgmat was more calculation based however you seemed to do better on it. Had you seen questions before? As per the other tests you have taken I wouldn't trust them to much. Try and take gmat prep exam and if your score is around your ideal take it if not perhaps postpone it you have lots of time to study and I do not think the IR with be took difficult to adapt to. Also many schools next year will not be focusing on the IR part as there is not a lot to compare it with.

Thanks = +1 Kudos

Study from reliable sources!!

Thursdays with Ron: http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm

Gmat Prep Questions:
CR gmatprepsc-105446.html
SC gmatprepsc-105446.html

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 389 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 04:22
Your test is ONE piece of your application. While an importance piece, it is still ONE piece. Assuming the rest of your application is strong (essays, letters of rec, resume, etc.), with around an average GMAT score for the school in question, you should have a solid chance at getting in.

Based on your practice test scores, you should be good to hit your target score of ~640. Just control your nerves on test day, don't let single problems drag you down and you should be good.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 06:19
Thank you for the responses! I just took a GMATprep exam this morning, scored a 600 but I feel like I would have done much better if I wasn't so sleepy. Geno5 good luck to you for June 1st, what MAcc programs are you considering applying to?
Re: GMAT June 1st, extremely nervous   [#permalink] 22 May 2012, 06:19