Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT now or later

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
GMAT now or later [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 08:25
Folks,
I need to give my GMAT a second time. The first time i got a score of 660(gave it in april). I mainly lost in verbal with a 36 and 45 in quant. Of Course i could improve quant to 47-49s. Im looking at a score of 730.

My problem now is that my work has become extremely busy. I would like to apply for fall2011 which means i should be done with gmat by Nov end. I need to travel out of the country in Dec. Im confused if i should start now and try to give it a shot although this time i dont plan to book my dates till i hit 750ish in the tests.
Or the alternative is to give up my dream of 2011, finish my Dec trip and come back and start (i may forget what ever i remember from my april attempt)

I just wanted to bounce some ideas off the wall! any words of wisdom are appreciated!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT now or later [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 11:18
You should let the progress of GMAT prep guide your way.

Study as much as you can and if you do not break 750-ish in the practice exams, then you won't be taking the exam. If you do, then take the exam.

Even if you postpone your plan of attending business school this year, your prepation will help you perform better the next time.

GMAT Debrief

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT now or later [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 13:52
Thanks, some valid points.

Just that if i really get serious, i will be literally be giving up my entire life for 2-3 months. I think i shud do it anyway.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT now or later [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 14:30
Haha, I've been there before.

It sounds like the time is on your side and you already have a pretty good score at 660.

GMAT is certainly very important but don't forget to live your life as well --- when I took GMAT for the third time, I actually postponed the exam two weeks because I didn't want to miss the party... :twisted:

GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: GMAT now or later [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 19:51
It's only two months out of your life, you will be so relieved to get GMAT out of your wall. And you still have to worry about the actual app!

If you liked my post, please consider thanking me with Kudos! I really appreciate it! :)

Re: GMAT now or later   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2010, 19:51