Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 04:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 08:03

Hi everyone, I am planning to give my GMAT on June 25th, Friday at 8 AM. I am half way into the Kaplan Premier Book and I am going to start the OG 12th Edition as soon as I am done with my Kaplan Premier book. I am a graduate student and I just got done with my current semester. I was preparing for GMAT in bits and pieces from Jan to April, but starting from now, I am going to go in full swing.

My current strategy is this:

Complete individual sections of the KP book and then go to the OG. I plan to complete that in a month, After that I want to take practice tests and keep on improving and filing an error log till I get my desired score. W

What other suggestions do you guys have? Should I use any other books? How can I make my plans more efficient?

Thank you for your suggestions,

Harsh.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 10:52
hi,
how many hours are you planning to study "full time"? it seems quite a bit slow finishing up the premier and the OG in a month full time... Do you have any CAT scores? people here always suggest using MGMAT books and you can get them individually depending on which section you are lacking.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2279

Kudos [?]: 8819 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 23:51
Expert's post
hpcarnegie wrote:
Hi everyone, I am planning to give my GMAT on June 25th, Friday at 8 AM. I am half way into the Kaplan Premier Book and I am going to start the OG 12th Edition as soon as I am done with my Kaplan Premier book. I am a graduate student and I just got done with my current semester. I was preparing for GMAT in bits and pieces from Jan to April, but starting from now, I am going to go in full swing.

My current strategy is this:

Complete individual sections of the KP book and then go to the OG. I plan to complete that in a month, After that I want to take practice tests and keep on improving and filing an error log till I get my desired score. W

What other suggestions do you guys have? Should I use any other books? How can I make my plans more efficient?

Thank you for your suggestions,

Harsh.

Hm... see this.
Kaplan Premier won't get you there unless you are already at 700 now with your gmat prep.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 03:40

Hi bb and shaselai,

Thank you for replying to my posts.

First @shaselai,
When I say full time, I am planning to at least study 6 hours per day. Does that sound reasonable? When you say it seems slow to finish up OG and KP in a month, does that mean I should speed up and finish them quicker? I will also look into the MGMAT books for my individual weaknesses. I have not taken the CAT yet. What do you think of my strategy? How should I modify it?

@bb,
I am not sure where I am at. I thought first, I should complete all the sections of the Kaplan Premier and then give a CAT to see where I stand and then rigorously practice from the OG. Sounds like a 700 plan? If no, what changes do you suggest?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 04:41
well if you got 2 months left you should take a CAT first to see which section you need to improve on first and then get the MGMAT books on those sections. If you are doing 6 hours a day for a month i think you should be done with the books in 2 weeks but it is dependent on your speed i guess.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Re: GMAT On 25th June - Aiming for 700   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2010, 04:41