Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT on 3/15/03 - 680

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT on 3/15/03 - 680 [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2003, 19:50
hey all, took the gmat sat. and am pretty happy to walk out with a 680. the math was much trickier than what i had practiced so the split was quant 43, verbal 40.

here's my study plan and advice:

i worked basic strategies with kaplan's software. practice tests ranged from 550-600. concurrently did the problems in GMAT 800 by kaplan (very helpful), while practicing with the official guide the entire time. I found that learning the strategies and then immediately applying them to problems in the OG was very effective for me.

I also used http://www.800score.com to supplement since they have practice tests that help with pacing. i thought the practice tests were helpful, their verbal is harder than the real thing and their math is a little easier. practice tests ranged from 660-690. which was pretty close to what i got, just split up differently between quant & verbal.

the powerprep exams are OK. i think they are easier than the real deal. PP1 score was 630. i took this within the first 2 weeks of prep. then i took powerprep 2 after about halfway thru the OG and scored 730.

AWA- the Kaplan software & http://www.800score.com were the best. their approach & methodolgy was easy to absorb the final 2 weeks.

i studied for about 3 months, and in the final days i was just sick of looking at this stuff. i would feel ill every time i cracked open the OG. so i just put it on the shelf and tried to relax the final 3 days. be sure to get plenty of sleep the night before (very improtant), drive out to the test center in advance (duh), and take a shit before you take the test (often overlooked). good luck people! 8)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT on 3/15/03 - 680   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2003, 19:50