I need your help in the way i am preparing for GMAT. Before nine months i prepared for GMAT for 2 months. I studied on my own and in practice tests (OG,MGMAT etc) i was getting consistently around 420(33Q 14V).
I realized i need to spend more time on GMAT and went for a 9 session onsite MGMAT (manhattan GMAT
) class. Due to work schedule I managed to complete only 30% of MGMAT assignments. I was on track every week for MGMAT SC
topics. Overall i learnt below from MGMAT classes
1. SC - Grammar rules
2. DS elimination strategy
3. CR - Diagramming
4. RC - short and long passages strategies.
After my course has completed i solved around 50% of OG 12
problems. For the questions that went wrong I always looked at explainations. I also do montior forums like beatthegmat,gmatclub and MGMAT.
I am hoping for a target score of 700+ in real GMAT. Hoping that i am going to perform better in real GMAT I have been taking practice tests (once a week) from last few days including GMAT Prep I, II and MGMAT tests (timed including AWA). Again i am back to normal, I am scoring consistently between 420-480(33-38 Q & 14-18 V).
I realized my biggest weak points while taking practice tests are in verbal:
1. CR - I try to follow MGMAT CR
diagram approach and run out of time (2.15 minutes per CR question).
2. SC - under the pressure of 1.5 mintues per Q i get confused or select wrong choice.
3. From 25th to 41 question i am speeding up and making lots of mistakes. I am almost guessing on last RC passage(usually around 30th question) and on some tough CR questions.
4. when i review the practice tests i try to solve the wrong ones again and i can correctly solve the problem. Only under time pressure i am making mistakes.
Please give me your thoughts on how i should proceed from now. I know the basics, i have read lots of GMAT materials and i did quite a few tests (timed including AWA).