Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT PREP 5 Question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT PREP 5 Question [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2008, 19:17
Hello Friends

Please find attach .doc file.

It contains total 5 problems , though many of them already discussed i have put it again..

* Moderator: Please delete this post if i am flooding forum or violating any rule of this forum

Thanks
Attachments

GMAT PREP2 Questions.doc [182 KiB]
Downloaded 51 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT PREP 5 Question [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 02:22
This is a very difficult way to ask qs Vishal. But heres some input from what i thought is right.

Question 1 : Not worth calculating in actual gmat, because its very lenghty, but i think the answer might be C. what is it, let me know.
After solving the two equations , subtract 2 from 1 and you will get s= 3r + 2, which is of the same form y= 3x+2 , hence we can say that the line contains the point (r,s).

Qs2 : I think it might be E. I am really scared myself of these kind of qs where its not specified whether m and z are integers or whether they are positive... hence its very difficult to check all the possibilities

Qs 3: You have pasted the incomplete qs here, if its asked the range of positive numbers, then the answer would be 6 which is b but if its asked the range of the whole set then the answer might be 11 which is E

Qs 4 : This is very easy one. whats your doubt ? The prices of 3 items are 50, 20 and 20. The discouts are 10+2+2 so its 14 which is greater than 15 percent of 70 i.e 10.5 , The second part gives only price of one item, hence not sufficient. Only statement 1 is sufficient to solve the qs.

qs 5. This ones also simple. we have two equations from the qs stem.
0.1x +0.2y = 0.5z
x+y = z
Both statements give one value each, hence the equations can then be solved to find out the other two values. Hence each is alone sufficient to find teh answer.

Hope this helps.
Pls confirm if the earlier answers are correct ?
Re: GMAT PREP 5 Question   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2008, 02:22