Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep accuracy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
GMAT Prep accuracy [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 11:21
I'm sure many people have asked this question before...but what is the accuracy of the GMAT Prep software (distributed by GMAC). I just took 1 practice exam and scored a 750...I would ordinarily be happy, but I am very suspicious given that as I was taking the exam I felt I was doing horrible, and indeed I got around 10 questions wrong in each section...did it miscalculate? Is a score that high even possible given so many incorrect answers?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 12:31
GMATPrep is supposed to be pretty accurate, but one test result could always be fluky. I wouldn't be overly concerned with one score, although it's certainly a nice one! See how you do on your next test after some prep.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 189 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep accuracy [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 23:04
young_gun wrote:
I'm sure many people have asked this question before...but what is the accuracy of the GMAT Prep software (distributed by GMAC). I just took 1 practice exam and scored a 750...I would ordinarily be happy, but I am very suspicious given that as I was taking the exam I felt I was doing horrible, and indeed I got around 10 questions wrong in each section...did it miscalculate? Is a score that high even possible given so many incorrect answers?

Nice Job!, ur good.

Unless u saw many of the problems in the GMATPrep test from using the OG.
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2007, 05:37
You're golden! 750 on the GMATPrep is going to be almost exactly what you see on test day. I scored 740 on both GMATPrep's missing approximately 13 questions on the quant. And yes, you feel like you're doing terrible, because you're doing the hardest questions. As Blackbelt said, as long as you're not seeing repeats from OG, then that score is a great indicator of what you'll get.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2007, 05:39
I think GMATPrep is nearly identical to the real thing, if not tougher. That is arguable.

But it is beyond contestation that the GMATPrep is the closest CAT to the real test.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2007, 10:55
Thanks!

Do the GMATPrep CATs actually adapt like the real thing, or is it just pre-ordained questions?
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2007, 11:32
young_gun wrote:
Thanks!

Do the GMATPrep CATs actually adapt like the real thing, or is it just pre-ordained questions?

GmatPrep adapts.
  [#permalink] 01 Oct 2007, 11:32