Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT prep course: GMAT Pill or Knewton? (need a verbal focus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE- ESCP - Warwick
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 7

GMAT prep course: GMAT Pill or Knewton? (need a verbal focus [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 23:44
Hi guys,

I plan to retake the GMAT in about 4-5 weeks, I'll be almost full time on my prep. (just some chinese classes 8 hours a week, and some sports 3 hours a week). Where I'll think I will just focus on the verbal only. I got a 43 in quant last time, and I am confident it will improve just by doing CAT's, correct my mistakes and re-do the OG exercises I got wrong. In other word I think I have the foundations in Quant while in Verbal it is a disaster and my score relies on Gambling, mostly in SC and RC, CR is ok.

I need a 600+, my highest GMAT score 550, so my choice will be between Knewton and GMAT Pill (50 pt or money back)

After som ressearch:
GMAT Pill

Pro's:

- Very strategic and effective philosophy; "Focus on verbal while it is what will improve you score the most", "not the quantity of your study that matter but the quality", RC relies more on reading skills etc I really agree with that.
- Short study plan, 30 days
- Price OK
- Have good stratgies for SC (what I need)
- Based on the OG only

Contra's:

- Too "new"
- Not sure there are loyal to their guarantee and wish I could have more reviews.
- Website needs a clear improvement, but i understand they just start and I can live with it

Knewton

Pro's

- More complete, recall all the concept and the foundation (I am not sure I need that, at least not for quant)
- Great online platforms
- Price Ok
- More experience

Contra's:

- I don't know wether they base their teaching on the OG, I believe all prep course should as GMAC as a certain way to draft its question.
- Don't know about the study plan and what are exactly the homeworks they ask to complete to get the guarantee? Anyone? Feasible in 30 days?

Please feedback me.

Thanks in advance
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT prep course: GMAT Pill or Knewton? (need a verbal focus [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 04:25
We have a prep course review thread:
gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html#p590321

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: GMAT prep course: GMAT Pill or Knewton? (need a verbal focus   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2011, 04:25