Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2010, 23:43
FWIW, a number of years back I took the test having used ONLY the Princeton Review GMAT book. My scores went from 617 to 680.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MLIC Test Prep. [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 03:05
I am writing this as a warning to people searching for test prep materials. My experience with MLIC Turboprep is one that should not be repeated.

After paying $1400 and receiving confirmation that I had a place in the upcoming weekend class, I received a series of unorganized and incomprehensible pdf files with impertinent information and exercises. Then, I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be moved out of the class I signed up for and placed into another one. After explaining to them that this was not possible (I was going to be out of town), they said it was out of their hands and there was nothing they or I could do.

Reasonably, I was not happy. They said they would not offer a refund, and therefore I went to my credit card company to appeal the charges. After a long back-and-forth, I did not receive the services promised and was forced to pay for them anyway. As a customer, I have never been treated so disrespectfully, and I got the impression that it was not the first time MLIC has dealt with unhappy customers and disputed charges.

I warn you not to partake in this scam. I used other materials to prepare for the GRE, including Kaplan and PowerScore (which I was very pleased with) and I scored a 1450. Kaplan is challenging and good for those who plan on getting a high score, and PowerScore offers a great and affordable weekend course along with some good test strategies.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 07:03
I highly recommend Manhattan GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 12:37
I have been told that the LSAT prep courses over prepare you for the GMAT and I should invest in these instead of the GMAT prep courses. Any truth to this?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 18:28
I am planing to take Manhattan GMAT preparation class ?

Is that a right decision?

I got 490 in my first GMAT test, I am planing to get 620, is that possible using MGMAT?

Also, I am Mechanucal Engineer, I want to know the advantages of taking MBA on my career path?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB, HEC, Said
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 28

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 02:50
How does Knewton's 50 Point guarantee works?
Meaning If I have already written GMAT and got say 650. So after Completing the Knewton course I can expect a 700 and if did not get it I will get a refund?
Also what if I am writing the GMAT for very first time
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 9

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 20:12
I'm enrolled right now in the manhattangmat course and i LOVE it so far. I will give a better review once i finish the course and take gmat. But right now i blame myself for not taking it the first time when i was studying for gmat. :-D

Trying to make CR and RC my strong points

"If you want my advice, Peter," he said at last, "you've made a mistake already. By asking me. By asking anyone. Never ask people. Not about your work. Don't you know what you want? How can you stand it, not to know?" Ayn Rand

Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB, HEC, Said
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 28

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 22:28
kt00381n

Can you share experience of first GMAT.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 9

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 05:41
prashantbacchewar wrote:
kt00381n

Can you share experience of first GMAT.

It was not bad as i thought it would be. Math was easier than what i studied. However, i still guessed about 8 questions. With verbal i struggled. I guessed about 15 questions :shock: maybe even more. For some reason critically didn't have enough time. My score was 630 Q49 (or 48) and V29 :-D . I totally deserved it since my studing strategy the first time was very BAD. I took a lot of tests but did very little actual studying ( i mean concepts etc.) Also i studied math (because i felt more secure with it and did very little of verbal) My fault :-D I am non-native speaker so my weakness it Verbal. This time im all about concepts. So far (since sept) took only one CAT and only because manhattangmat asked me to take it:)

Let me know if you have other questions, will be glad to share...

Trying to make CR and RC my strong points

"If you want my advice, Peter," he said at last, "you've made a mistake already. By asking me. By asking anyone. Never ask people. Not about your work. Don't you know what you want? How can you stand it, not to know?" Ayn Rand

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2010, 08:47
I took a Princeton Review course a month or so ago and ended up turning a 580 Math score into a 670, which was my real weakness to begin with. I took a few practice tests on their website and they were adaptive just like the real thing, which was nice. But having the structure of a full-fledged class with an instructor was what helped most, IMO. Though now I wish I'd waited to take it. My friend just signed up for a GMAT class and she's now getting an iPad paid for because of some deal they're doing through their website. Bad timing for me I guess, haha.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 29

Re: GMAT Prep courses/classes reviews, ratings and comparison [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 21:46
osbornecox wrote:
I might try Knewton. I underperformed so badly on test day that it's left me with all sorts of doubts (80 points worse than my 2 GMATPreps...)

Yeah Knewton is worth trying..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 29

Re: GMAT Prep courses/classes reviews, ratings and comparison [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 21:46
osbornecox wrote:
I might try Knewton. I underperformed so badly on test day that it's left me with all sorts of doubts (80 points worse than my 2 GMATPreps...)
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2010, 05:28
hi
i would like to know about the institutions in ahmedabad for the preparation.
Intern
Intern

soundtrack [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2011, 05:25
+1 ))
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 136

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2011, 22:05
Background: , I have started following GMATClub.com's study plan (source: gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html) from last week and I am planning to write GMAT in early October, 2011. Please note, I have aimed for 720 in GMAT. The internet speed here is way too much slow (I am working in Kabul with an INGO) which is a big constraint for having an online course from a reputed GMAT Prep Center.

Having said these, can anyone throw any ideas about whether taking GMAT Prep in Self-prep mode first (if not do good in that way then going to a professional Prep cneter) is a good choice over enrolling in a professional GMAT Prep center like MGMAT, Kaplan, GMAT Pill etc side-by-side taking Self-Prep from the beginning?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 16:08
For the Knewton 50 point guarantee, is there a limit as to what your prior score can be, or do they base it off of a diagnostic test they give the participant?
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 136

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 23:07
jaschen27 wrote:
For the Knewton 50 point guarantee, is there a limit as to what your prior score can be, or do they base it off of a diagnostic test they give the participant?

As per my understanding, the base score will be the higher one between your actual GMAT score (if you have already taken one) and your score in Knewton's diagnostic test (it's is not mandatory if you have a valid GMAT score).

My suggestion, if you have already taken GMAT, will be to attempt the Knewton's Diagnostic Test as attempting it may give you a higher score than your actual GMAT score.
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 05:04
thanks for this review! It was indeed of help!
Has anyone met similar comparison for on-line GMAT classes?
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 05:24
Thanks for sharing those tips to get prepared and good score in GMAT

Regards

Stiangel

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2011, 10:36
With so many courses to choose from, which in-class course provides the best value for the Verbal section?

I'm thinking of Kaplan or Manhattan.

Thanks!
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2011, 10:36