Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT Date: 08-04-2012
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 13

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 10:06
This post received
KUDOS
Karite wrote:
bb wrote:
jfk wrote:
I have a question about the Manhattan 9 Session Prep Course.

I already bought the 8 Strategy guides as well as the Offical Guide (12th ed) - is there any way to get a discount on the course if do not want to get the books again? (i.e. deduct the price for the books from the total course fee...)

Thanks for your help!

I believe You can actually get a discount (don't quote me on it) - just check with the MGMAT representative and they will give you a credit (won't ship the books either)

I spoke with a Manhattan representative and she told me that you only get a discount for the Official Guide books. You WOULD not get a discount if you already own the Manhattan series. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't give you a discount because you will have two sets of the Manhattan series. I guess you would have to sell one set. Right now, I am researching the different courses to determine if I need to take one.

An update to my last post. I received this email from a different representative.

we can deduct the cost only if you bought the books directly from our website. The only exceptions are the official guide for GMAT review set, which can be found here:

http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 44&catid=7

If you have these three books we can provide you a $40 book credit off the cost of the online class.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2176

Kudos [?]: 7769 [0], given: 3629

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 11:29
Expert's post
Interesting!!!!

Thank you.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2012, 02:30
Hey Guyz,

Have been through all the posts on this forum and was thinking which course to select

I have already given GMAT twice - 580 (Q47 ,V24 ) in Aug'10 and 660 (Q49 ,V32 ) in May'11

I am inclined towards Knewton after reading the reviews on GMAT Club. Majority of the users have liked it and benefited from it.

I was curious to know about GMAT Pill too -Their success stories are inspiring but couple of them are somehow too good to be true (in my opinion, no pun intended here)

I would appreciate if the experts can help me decide on this.

I intend to give GMAT by mid April (so I have 2+ months for prep)

Cheers

Going One More Round When You Don't Think You Can...
That's What Makes all the Difference in Life - Rocky

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2012, 04:15
Ok surfed little more and have already applied for Knewton
Hope it shall help improve and be a better person (on GMAT score card)
Shall give review on the course and progress on my GMAT journey, when I have a story to tell :p

Going One More Round When You Don't Think You Can...
That's What Makes all the Difference in Life - Rocky

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 13:06
I'm also between
Knewton and GMAT PILL.

Still deciding .....

Videos posted for GP are too good, but no ides if the whole program is like that or its made for specific questions.

GGG (Gym / GMAT / Girl) -- Be Serious

Its your duty to post OA afterwards; some one must be waiting for that...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 01:57
thanks for compiling everything on one page..
looks i will go for gmatpill for rc and knewton for online program..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 18:50
has anybody tried the kaplan gmat review course?

i just started self-studying this month. and still on my gmat math review. i plan to either take either kaplan gmat prep course or the manhattan gmat next month.

can anybody shed light on this? how is kaplan? how is manhattan gmat?
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 19:29
Hey guys ,

What's the best online course available for RC ? Many people say gmatpill is good , but it's too expensive for me . Are there any other good courses for RC ?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 05:51
As like many people here i am good in Quants but average in Verbal.
Wanted to select one in between E-GMAT and Knewton. Can the experts help me to choose the best? I am looking for a score of 40+.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '16

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 22:04
Helloo dear gmatclubbers
I'm trying to figure out where/what and when I should take a course or purchase a course.
I finally made my decision to take the exam and get my MBA few nights ago. Since then I've read many and many articles about this.
A bit info about me so
Graduated HS = 04
BS. Computer Eng = 08
MS. Electrical Eng = 2011

I'm aiming for a perfect score on GMAT. I think I've narrowed down my choices to Kaplan and Manhattan. What are your thoughts ?
Should I study a bit on my own prior to attending/ taking etiher course ?

Thanks,
Nikoo
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2012, 22:04